Official "The Chi" on Showtime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I see this as the finale of the show. They showed us some things that wrapped up a few loose ends but they left out a lot of story lines that they started and never went back to.

We now know that Tiff did had a abortion from when she said she was late last season.
That dam Darnell is on some stuff with the way he handles things.
Poppa's dad know more than what we think and could be killed off.
I don't really see Trig getting back in the game the way Douda wants him too.
Will Emmitt really change and not let his penis get in the way of success?

I see this as the finale of the show. They showed us some things that wrapped up a few loose ends but they left out a lot of story lines that they started and never went back to.

We now know that Tiff did had a abortion from when she said she was late last season.
That dam Darnell is on some stuff with the way he handles things.
Poppa's dad know more than what we think and could be killed off.
I don't really see Trig getting back in the game the way Douda wants him too.
Will Emmitt really change and not let his penis get in the way of success?

Usually season finales are a set up for a new season....there were only two things set up for next season.....Douda as Mayor/Hoodlum in Chief and what happens to Poppa's dad. Other than that the Chi as we once knew it is gone.

After this season, I hope it doesn't come back on. Season 4 SUCKED. There was NOTHING realistic about this season. Just about EVERY storyline of this season had an LGBTQ element within it. I'm not anti-gay, but there was NOTHING realistic about these storylines.

There is a gay married couple with two kids. Trig's girlfriend is trans. Douda's wife (played by Kandi Burrass) had an affair with this female secretary. One of the people running for mayor is Gay (OK, I get that one. Chicago's mayor really is gay). Tiffany had a damn female stripper at her bachelorette party. Even the girl that Kevin likes admitted that she once had a therapist who was gay. I mean gott damn...really???

After this season, I hope it doesn't come back on. Season 4 SUCKED. There was NOTHING realistic about this season. Just about EVERY storyline of this season had an LGBTQ element within it. I'm not anti-gay, but there was NOTHING realistic about these storylines.

There is a gay married couple with two kids. Trig's girlfriend is trans. Douda's wife (played by Kandi Burrass) had an affair with this female secretary. One of the people running for mayor is Gay (OK, I get that one. Chicago's mayor really is gay). Tiffany had a damn female stripper at her bachelorette party. Even the girl that Kevin likes admitted that she once had a therapist who was gay. I mean gott damn...really???

Yea it is over the top. Damn near “The L Word”. LOL

I'm wondering why they never went back to the Emmett and Dom situation? I was very disappointed with the last two episodes. To me, they could never get the stories going after Brandon and Jerrica left.

The reason is because they had a story line set up for Brandon and everything else was fluff. They basically reinvented the show.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
"The truth is, the first two seasons — and look, I know people love those seasons — but I know you guys had some issues with those seasons. As did I," Waithe added to the Chicago Tribune, noting she "had very little say what happened in Season 1," and "stepped away" in Season 2 to pursue other projects. "A lot of people think, oh you make all the decisions, you created it. And that’s not how TV works. It’s a very collaborative thing. And when you’re a young new show creator you don’t really have a lot of say."

The first 2 seasons was better overall to me. It's this 3rd season that had too much LBGTQ in for me and no real storyline beside Keisha getting kidnapped. Too many areas that was left off from the first 2 seasons and too many storylines put in it that didn't come back around. I always thought Ronnie was gonna turn to Allah since he did have a relationship with Common's character and we never saw him back in the show. The storyline with the detectives investigating the 63rd Street mob was gone. The storyline about who's buying up all the property and there are so many more. They could have at least explained how Brandon got killed and had Jerrrica at his funeral.

"The truth is, the first two seasons — and look, I know people love those seasons — but I know you guys had some issues with those seasons. As did I," Waithe added to the Chicago Tribune, noting she "had very little say what happened in Season 1," and "stepped away" in Season 2 to pursue other projects. "A lot of people think, oh you make all the decisions, you created it. And that’s not how TV works. It’s a very collaborative thing. And when you’re a young new show creator you don’t really have a lot of say."

The first 2 seasons was better overall to me. It's this 3rd season that had too much LBGTQ in for me and no real storyline beside Keisha getting kidnapped. Too many areas that was left off from the first 2 seasons and too many storylines put in it that didn't come back around. I always thought Ronnie was gonna turn to Allah since he did have a relationship with Common's character and we never saw him back in the show. The storyline with the detectives investigating the 63rd Street mob was gone. The storyline about who's buying up all the property and there are so many more. They could have at least explained how Brandon got killed and had Jerrrica at his funeral.

1. Ronnie was supposed to become a Muslim. Yet, I believe "somebodywhite" got to them and changed the narrative.

2. Your points are dead on. The property thing could have been Poppa's dad pushing the 63rd street mafia to get people out and him using the churches money to do it. This could have been investigated by the police. Meanwhile we are thinking it was Douda when all along it was Poppa's dad. This would boost Poppa's character to have to deal with a father that's locked up.

3. We needed to know what documents were in the safe.

4. Brandon's murder could have been two fold. Douda's guys and the 63rd Street gang show up at the same time. We all thought they were working together but 63rd is actually working for the pastor. The get in to a gun fight and while Brandon is trying to get away he is shot. This would expand the narrative to examine gang life in Chicago. The 63rd street gang would have a few guys with ski mask on and when Brandon is killed one of the killers was the young kid with braids.

It's so much this show could have done to expand the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back