Official "The Chi" on Showtime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall know I have to come in and critique the hell out of this show.

1. The end of Keishas situation was so terrible. I'm sure they could have come up with a better way for her to rescued. The fact that Ronnie managed to find a crowbar in the mans garbage can, and break into his house with ease is crazy. Matter of fact, what happened to all of the cameras the dude had set up on ol girl? You'd think that he would have tightened up his security after she tried to escape the first time then tried to scream for help when she realized somebody else was in the house.

2. This political scene between Douda & Lena was pointless because they haven't spent much time focusing on it.

3. How did Sonny get kicked out of his spot by Emmitt and Lala over one catering gig? I could have sworn that Sonny was doing good and was planning on opening up another spot.

4. Little miss high and mighty was ready to give up the booty to win Kev back over and he took the bait.

1. The end of Keishas situation was so terrible. I'm sure they could have come up with a better way for her to rescued. The fact that Ronnie managed to find a crowbar in the mans garbage can, and break into his house with ease is crazy. Matter of fact, what happened to all of the cameras the dude had set up on ol girl? You'd think that he would have tightened up his security after she tried to escape the first time then tried to scream for help when she realized somebody else was in the house.

2. This political scene between Douda & Lena was pointless because they haven't spent much time focusing on it.

3. How did Sonny get kicked out of his spot by Emmitt and Lala over one catering gig? I could have sworn that Sonny was doing good and was planning on opening up another spot.

4. Little miss high and mighty was ready to give up the booty to win Kev back over and he took the bait.
The crowbar was in a toolbox. I thought it was a trashcan too at first.

Mama loves some Kevin.

1. The end of Keishas situation was so terrible. I'm sure they could have come up with a better way for her to rescued. The fact that Ronnie managed to find a crowbar in the mans garbage can, and break into his house with ease is crazy. Matter of fact, what happened to all of the cameras the dude had set up on ol girl? You'd think that he would have tightened up his security after she tried to escape the first time then tried to scream for help when she realized somebody else was in the house.[\b]

3. How did Sonny get kicked out of his spot by Emmitt and Lala over one catering gig? I could have sworn that Sonny was doing good and was planning on opening up another spot. [\b]

4. Little miss high and mighty was ready to give up the booty to win Kev back over and he took the bait.[\b]

Dude, I said the EXACT same thing!!!

Dude, I said the EXACT same thing!!!

I agree with both of you.....it seems rushed. Honestly when they fired the guy who was lead and killed him off the show they tried to reinvent the show. It left so many holes open. Too many actually.

I try not to get overly critical about TV shows because I understand a lot of scenes get cut due to time and so forth. And because Lena Waithe is who she is, I'm not surprised that we are seeing more LGBTQ+ related storylines this season (even though I believe she's added way too many LGBTQ+ storylines this season to the degree that it isn't realistic).

But when Kandi's character revealed that she had an affair with ole dude's secretary...I was done. Of all of the scenarios to create surrounding an affair, it had to be a same-sex affair? Really?

I try not to get overly critical about TV shows because I understand a lot of scenes get cut due to time and so forth. And because Lena Waithe is who she is, I'm not surprised that we are seeing more LGBTQ+ related storylines this season (even though I believe she's added way too many LGBTQ+ storylines this season to the degree that it isn't realistic).

But when Kandi's character revealed that she had an affair with ole dude's secretary...I was done. Of all of the scenarios to create surrounding an affair, it had to be a same-sex affair? Really?

Yeah, that Chicago man isn't taking you back just because of that. He can let a affair with another man go by but not with a women. He's too strong and proud to become that weak...

Sonny is so right about Emmett.

Tiff was pregnant in the final episode last season. What happened to the child?

Kiesha's kidnapper probably was a frequent customer in the whore house Kiesha's boyfriend provided muscle for. Her boyfriend never cared what happened to her so he either had intentions on pimping her in the whore house or he made an arrangement with the kidnapper since he was probably aware of the dude's choice of women. The whole thing with Kevin not telling his mom or the police about Kiesha's boyfriend, and the boyfriend's lack of interest and curiosity concerning Kiesha's whereabouts has left all those holes to be filled. Just like with Power though, I'm not holding my breath they will be.

Last edited:
This episode was good. The only problem with me now is Kevin. He's a prime example of why I didn't like to deal with a woman that have a teenage son.

This episode was good. The only problem with me now is Kevin. He's a prime example of why I didn't like to deal with a woman that have a teenage son.
They surely covered all the angles. Papa needs his butt whipped for pulling out that money. That was a major setback. Kevin is at that age where he is beginning to smell himself. I don't know if Kiesha will ever get over killing old dude.

One thing I did relate to about Keisha is what she said about wanting to get out of Chicago. I knew my junior year of high school that I wanted to get away from Chicago and basically I did when I was able to go away to college.

One thing I did relate to about Keisha is what she said about wanting to get out of Chicago. I knew my junior year of high school that I wanted to get away from Chicago and basically I did when I was able to go away to college.

My best friend is the same way....when he graduated from high school he came to GSU. When we graduated with our masters he went back to Chicago and has been trying to leave again ever since.....he bought a house in a pretty shabby neighborhood but when they filmed "Road to Perdition" they made it a U.S. Park so Park Police patrol the area. That relaxed him a lot. I have another friend who is a cop and she is trying to retire and move to Grambling. Her husband retired from the Air Force at Barksdale in Shreveport and he loves Grambling.

They surely covered all the angles. Papa needs his butt whipped for pulling out that money. That was a major setback. Kevin is at that age where he is beginning to smell himself. I don't know if Kiesha will ever get over killing old dude.

Nah I TOTALLY feel Kevin. He was forced to go to therapy but his mother is skirting the issue with the daughter. Kevin is being confined to the house because of the situation that she was placed in. My wife pointed out that Kevin constantly lied for his sister while she out being a THOT and sleeping with the coach. Keisha's friend also made a reality check to Keisha as well.

At the end of the day we still don't know what type of relationship Keisha had with her kidnapper prior to being kidnapped.

This episode hurt and tackled another issue of abortion. People against abortion don’t take in to consideration those who become pregnant from some form of sexual assault.

Didn't they do a test when she was in the hospital? I know they said they tested for STD's but a pregnancy test should have been done also.

Didn't they do a test when she was in the hospital? I know they said they tested for STD's but a pregnancy test should have been done also.

This is true. I think it was a writer's flaw. They actually do pregnancy test whenever a woman goes for a medical procedure. My wife mentioned the same thing. Hell she was stating when her patients come in with any problem she orders a pregnancy test that way she doesn't prescribe something that could harm the fetus.

You are a fireman so you notice small stuff like this.

If she just got pregnant within a day or so would it show up on a test that quickly? I think it needs a week or 2 at least.

I am not sure how I feel about Emmett's attempt to convince "himself" that he only has feelings for Tiff and thus, the proposal.
Dom denies it, but, the look on her face when he did it? She done caught some feelings. Also, how about how Darnell came
at Dom? It was funny to me, but, I think an ulterior motive was in play. Oh well, one episode left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back