The Lincoln Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give a damn.

Are they working to get rid of him in 2020? Yes. That's all that matters for now (FOR NOW).

All the other emotional platitudes can be put on hold until 2021.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. LOL!! Lets take a page out of the World War II history books. Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt knew that Joseph Stalin was no friend of the capitalist countries. And Stalin knew that The United States and Britain was no friend of the Soviet Union. Hell, Stalin killed more people that Hitler ever did. But, Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin had sense enough to put aside their differences to defeat the greater evil, Hitler.

Since when does superficially and temporarily supporting something equate to a full throttle endorsement?

For example, I highly doubt a person undergoing radiation treatment for cancer considers radiation a friend, however, for the time being it will be loosely considered one.

There is an old saying that warns against quarreling while the house is on fire. Get out the house safely first and resume the argument then, if that is what makes your day.

Last edited:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. LOL!! Lets take a page out of the World War II history books. Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt knew that Joseph Stalin was no friend of the capitalist countries. And Stalin knew that The United States and Britain was no friend of the Soviet Union. Hell, Stalin killed more people that Hitler ever did. But, Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin had sense enough to put aside their differences to defeat the greater evil, Hitler.

Watch this though... they don't have to be our friend to be a temporary ally.

Kendrick doesn't even want that and still can't explain what he DOES want.

Since when does superficially and temporarily supporting something equate to a full throttle endorsement?

For example, I highly doubt a person undergoing radiation treatment for cancer considers radiation a friend, however, for the time being it will be loosely considered one.

There is an old saying that warns against quarreling while the house is on fire. Get out the house safely first and resume the argument then, if that is what makes your day.

Lack of nuance is gonna get us in a bad spot.

But that would be a chess move, jsupop, and you know we don't like to play chess.

It's apparent that y'all don't play chess.

To be a good chess player, you have to think five .. eight ... ten moves ahead. You know every move you could potentially make and every counter your opponent could make to your move. And you know your counter moves to their counter moves.

Thinking next move only is NOT chess thinking. That's the sign of a lousy chess player.

And ... your opponent sacrificing one of their players doesn't mean they are now your ally. Doesn't mean they want you to win. Even temporarily. No, they still want you dead. They are still your enemy. Even if they sacrifice the most powerful piece they have left. They are simply doing what they think is necessary to win. What's necessary to defeat you.

It's apparent that y'all don't play chess.

To be a good chess player, you have to think five .. eight ... ten moves ahead. You know every move you could potentially make and every counter your opponent could make to your move. And you know your counter moves to their counter moves.

Thinking next move only is NOT chess thinking. That's the sign of a lousy chess player.

And ... your opponent sacrificing one of their players doesn't mean they are now your ally. Doesn't mean they want you to win. Even temporarily. No, they still want you dead. They are still your enemy. Even if they sacrifice the most powerful piece they have left. They are simply doing what they think is necessary to win. What's necessary to defeat you.

You have to be seated at the table to even play chess.

What some would rather do is refuse to play because some undesirables are in the room. What part of the game is that?

I will put it like this. LP and the powers behind them are level 7-8 threat. Trump is a level 10 threat that can wipe us out. The level 10 threat must be removed by any means deemed necessary, even empowering the level 7-8 threat.

Examples:
Lincoln Project and their allies have promoted a culture that has lead to a tense relationship between the black community and law enforcement.
The Trump administration is directly ordering unmarked federal troops to kidnap citizens on American soil, blindfold them and drag them into a federal courthouse.

The Lincoln Project and their allies have promoted policies that has disproportionately leave black people more vulnerable to things like COVID
The Trump Administration threatened to withhold federal funding from schools that did not have in-person classes.

Watch this though... they don't have to be our friend to be a temporary ally.

Kendrick doesn't even want that and still can't explain what he DOES want.

The Lincoln Project folks aren't allies, though.

Here is George Conway, one of the Lincoln Project founders, on Trump ... not too long ago.

Another one, Steve Schmidt, hasn't voted in the last two general elections.

Allies don't actively engage in oppressing you. They don't care about us or our causes. They care about a means to an end for THEM.

Another analogy.

You get a house built and you find out the foundation is uneven so you call the contractor over to fix.

While outside the contractor notices someone else with a gas can trying to burn your house down and attacks them to stop them from setting the house on fire. Do you help the contractor stop the guy with the gas can or say na, I can't trust either of them and walk away.

The Lincoln Project folks aren't allies, though.

Here is George Conway, one of the Lincoln Project founders, on Trump ... not too long ago.

Another one, Steve Schmidt, hasn't voted in the last two general elections.

Allies don't actively engage in oppressing you. They don't care about us or our causes. They care about a means to an end for THEM.
No one called them allies. They are simply a tool to be used to deal with an immediate threat. The WWII analogy was a good one. The U.S. needed Stalin to help stop Hitler. He was just as evil and sick as Hitler but at the time, Hitler was an eminent threat to us.

I will put it like this. LP and the powers behind them are level 7-8 threat. Trump is a level 10 threat that can wipe us out. The level 10 threat must be removed by any means deemed necessary, even empowering the level 7-8 threat.

Examples:
Lincoln Project and their allies have promoted a culture that has lead to a tense relationship between the black community and law enforcement.
The Trump administration is directly ordering unmarked federal troops to kidnap citizens on American soil, blindfold them and drag them into a federal courthouse.

The Lincoln Project and their allies have promoted policies that has disproportionately leave black people more vulnerable to things like COVID
The Trump Administration threatened to withhold federal funding from schools that did not have in-person classes.

Interesting.

I see it differently. They are all a level 10 threat.

Trump couldn't do what he's doing without the support of people within the Lincoln Project and others like them. If Republicans really opposed any of Trump's actions, they could take stands in Congress, on state and local levels of government to undo, reverse, or set right the things he's doing. They don't because they don't oppose his actions. That's why they waited three and a half years to start running these ads. They don't oppose the actions. They oppose the crude, rude, boorish, clownish, and buffoonish way it's delivered.

There would be no "Trumpism" as we know it if the Republican establishment didn't support it.

Therefore, they are all one and the same.

Another analogy.

You get a house built and you find out the foundation is uneven so you call the contractor over to fix.

While outside the contractor notices someone else with a gas can trying to burn your house down and attacks them to stop them from setting the house on fire. Do you help the contractor stop the guy with the gas can or say na, I can't trust either of them and walk away.

Wait.

Who said anything about "refuse to play" and "walk away"? Where are y'all getting this from?

Trust and believe I'm in the fight to the bloody end. I'm just watchful and wary about who I label allies and friends. That's all.

Nobody said anything about walking away from the fight. :D

Wait.

Who said anything about "refuse to play" and "walk away"? Where are y'all getting this from?

Trust and believe I'm in the fight to the bloody end. I'm just watchful and wary about who I label allies and friends. That's all.

Nobody said anything about walking away from the fight. :D

Some here have previously aligned themselves with the no-vote Hotep caucus because Joe Biden isn't Bernie Sanders or Louis Farrakhan

Some here have previously aligned themselves with the no-vote Hotep caucus because Joe Biden isn't Bernie Sanders or Louis Farrakhan

Oh. Okay.

That ain't me.

I love the game analogies. There's a saying "you have to play the hand you're dealt". I intend to do just that.

Last edited:
No one called them allies. They are simply a tool to be used to deal with an immediate threat. The WWII analogy was a good one. The U.S. needed Stalin to help stop Hitler. He was just as evil and sick as Hitler but at the time, Hitler was an eminent threat to us.

And I don't think that Hitler would have been stopped without Stalin. But that is a whole nother thread.

Interesting.

Trump couldn't do what he's doing without the support of people within the Lincoln Project and others like them. If Republicans really opposed any of Trump's actions, they could take stands in Congress, on state and local levels of government to undo, reverse, or set right the things he's doing. They don't because they don't oppose his actions. That's why they waited three and a half years to start running these ads. They don't oppose the actions. They oppose the crude, rude, boorish, clownish, and buffoonish way it's delivered.

There would be no "Trumpism" as we know it if the Republican establishment didn't support it.

I understand what you are saying, and Lord knows, your points are well taken. If the truth be told, I really do not disagree with you. I cannot speak for anyone else on this board, but there are time when it is in your best interest to work with people who you do not necessary agree with.

Interesting.

Yep, the Lincoln Project are the people who brought you Bush (who doesn't at all differ from Trump politically and actually was more destructive) and set the stage for Trump. Their issue with Trump is one of tone, not substance. As soon as Trump is gone, they'll return right back to their role of destroying the life of anyone who isn't a white male, just quietly.

Yep, the Lincoln Project are the people who brought you Bush (who doesn't at all differ from Trump politically and actually was more destructive) and set the stage for Trump. Their issue with Trump is one of tone, not substance. As soon as Trump is gone, they'll return right back to their role of destroying the life of anyone who isn't a white male, just quietly.

Bush was a conservative, which many policies harm Black folks.
Trump is a Fascist, which damn near all policies and actions harm EVERYBODY, and threatens the entire structure of the United States.

Big difference.

I know it's easy to lump all white men in the same bucket, but it's not that simple.

Bush was a conservative, which many policies harm Black folks.
Trump is a Fascist, which damn near all policies and actions harm EVERYBODY, and threatens the entire structure of the United States.

Big difference.

I know it's easy to lump all white men in the same bucket, but it's not that simple.

The same George Bush who gave us the Patriot Act (you know, the legislation that gave Trump the powers he's abusing) and started wars in the Middle East isn't a fascist? Do words not mean anything anymore? But I'll play along, where do Trump and Bush differ politically?

The same George Bush who gave us the Patriot Act (you know, the legislation that gave Trump the powers he's abusing) and started wars in the Middle East isn't a fascist? Do words not mean anything anymore? But I'll play along, where do Trump and Bush differ politically?

George Bush was indeed responsible for laying the groundwork but he absolutely would NOT have used the military to fight citizens like this sorry motherfucker has done.

Bush's ideology was on protecting America, even if it meant breaking boundaries. Trump's is to break boundaries for his own personal gain.

Don't get me wrong... they're both wrong as hell

George Bush was indeed responsible for laying the groundwork but he absolutely would NOT have used the military to fight citizens like this sorry motherfucker has done.

Bush's ideology was on protecting America, even if it meant breaking boundaries. Trump's is to break boundaries for his own personal gain.

Don't get me wrong... they're both wrong as hell

"Breaking boundaries" is an interesting euphemism for millions of dead people in the global south, but I won't hold you. What's happening in Portland is just the roosters coming home Malcolm was talking about.

Bush didn't have an American uprising to deploy the military into. Still, he created DHS and ICE, which have inflicted untold damage on US citizens. It seems like your only contention is the agency used to terrorize people.

Still waiting on those policy differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back