SWAC Coming to Jesus ASAP

I don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that SU is currently in a better position athletically ,academically, and financially than A&T. Come on now.

nope. The Jindal years were hella brutal. Then coupled with the sanctions and what not, it was brutal.

As a note I stated earlier this year that NC A&T will fall off and go back to being the doormat of the MEAC when Broadway leaves.

It has already begun and people from NC A&T don’t realize it.....

Yes they won the Celebration Bowl only because FAMU’s athletic administration had not taken care of their business.

Congrats A&T on the win but this will probably the last.

Don't throw the dirt on us yet. We have most of our starters returning.

I don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that SU is currently in a better position athletically ,academically, and financially than A&T. Come on now.
you might want to review US News Rankings of the top HBCUs, you are not even the top in your conference.

#29 Southern

JSU, Alcorn, and Alabama State are all ranked ahead and cheaper.... sheesh on the tuition southern... y’all more expensive than Howard or spellman and they private institutions lol

Attachments

• C2D5B07C-7DE8-43CE-ADC9-8DD11E2F0807.jpeg
    C2D5B07C-7DE8-43CE-ADC9-8DD11E2F0807.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 13
#29 Southern

JSU, Alcorn, and Alabama State are all ranked ahead and cheaper.... sheesh on the tuition southern... y’all more expensive than Howard or spellman and they private institutions lol
Is that tuition for all 4 years? Our per semester tuition and fees are about $4,600 for in-state students.

I calculated about $25,000 cost of attendance ( in-state for tuition, fees, room, and board for a full year)

That's less than Howard's full-year tuition of $26,464 and almost half of their full cost of attendance for the year of $47,980.

Spelman's cost of attendance was $44,310.00.

Our cost of attendance for a full academic year is $22,000 less than Howard and $19,000 less than Spelman. That information is definitely incorrect on that site.

Last edited:
So when this football discussion went down the road of tuition and gerrymandering and nonsense?

Mods close this thread for the love of God

Just wanted to address the issue

What happened in that game was a depth issue and NCAT recognized it in the 2nd quarter.
Alcorn played that entire game without its 1st and 2nd string Defensive ends because of injuries and discipline. Freshman 30 wasn't even able to play past the 2nd quarter because of injury which brought our total to 5 missing DEs
We had a linebacker who only plays DE on 3rd and long/prevent out there all 3 downs, and a none pass rushing DT as his counter part DE. We didn't have anyone to sub for them.
NCAT simply started to throw deep, max protect and run right at the DE position because they were gassed and out of their natural position.

We tried coverage and blitz but without adequate rush you saw the result. Once we countered to overload blitz to the outside to create pressure with our LBs, NCAT just did a QB draw because we had no one inside to support the middle.
NCAT is very talented on the line and if you don't have all hands on deck they will run roughshod over you.

NCAT is better than Alcorn but not THAT much better. They simply have the better program because their guys handled business on and off the field which provided them with the depth to compete adequately

Just wanted to address the issue

What happened in that game was a depth issue and NCAT recognized it in the 2nd quarter.
Alcorn played that entire game without its 1st and 2nd string Defensive ends because of injuries and discipline. Freshman 30 wasn't even able to play past the 2nd quarter because of injury which brought our total to 5 missing DEs
We had a linebacker who only plays DE on 3rd and long/prevent out there all 3 downs, and a none pass rushing DT as his counter part DE. We didn't have anyone to sub for them.
NCAT simply started to throw deep, max protect and run right at the DE position because they were gassed and out of their natural position.

We tried coverage and blitz but without adequate rush you saw the result. Once we countered to overload blitz to the outside to create pressure with our LBs, NCAT just did a QB draw because we had no one inside to support the middle.
NCAT is very talented on the line and if you don't have all hands on deck they will run roughshod over you.

NCAT is better than Alcorn but not THAT much better. They simply have the better program because their guys handled business on and off the field which provided them with the depth to compete adequately
Truth. We got exposed defensively because we were short-handed. We have gone into the last two bowl games without key personnel. Our offensive play calling didn’t take advantage of our WR’s size advantage.
Congrats A&T on your National title.

So when this football discussion went down the road of tuition and gerrymandering and nonsense?

Mods close this thread for the love of Godas th

It got that way when jokers started praising A&T as the be all end all of HBCUs. Some even suggested leaders from other HBCUs visit A&T as if they could do the same in a different state. What they failed to realize, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc. are not North Carolina.

Same things happen to OU losing 63-28. My point sometimes $hit happens. I’m sure it had nothing to do with SEC/Big 12 facilities. So OU is now 0-4 they should no longer be in the playoffs. Well someone in the Big 12 win the title. This should be familiar to one of our SWAC schools.

Same things happen to OU losing 63-28. My point sometimes $hit happens. I’m sure it had nothing to do with SEC/Big 12 facilities. So OU is now 0-4 they should no longer be in the playoffs. Well someone in the Big 12 win the title. This should be familiar to one of our SWAC schools.

bad comparison, Oklahoma don’t play no damn defense which is why they are 0-4 ... hell you could get out there and make more of a defensive impact than what they have on that side of the ball. They have the budget, the name, and the tools to fix that but for some reason have had no success in doing so compared too Alcorn...

bad comparison, Oklahoma don’t play no damn defense which is why they are 0-4 ... hell you could get out there and make more of a defensive impact than what they have on that side of the ball. They have the budget, the name, and the tools to fix that but for some reason have had no success in doing so compared too Alcorn...
Was not comparing to Alcorn because there is no comparison. My only point is $hit like this happens. However I understand your point.

Man I watched Jesus in motion as Air Force (Go Falcons!) decimated that fbs school washington st. You KNOW the run is coming, you KNOW the schemes they use, yet you simply cannot stop it. When Air Force put that 12+ minute drive together, it spoke to my heart. The commitment by personnel on the field to execute (w/out PENALTY) flawlessly, commitment by the players believing in the system presented before them, commitment to strength training/athletic speed training, commitment to film study (obviously), commitment to the classroom (aeronautical engineer??? man... jealous lol), and the commitment to complete the task (score and eat up clock) was an amazing thing to witness.

In the end "gimmick" football didn't fare so well lol. (spread offense) I cannot speak for others but can easily speak for what I've witnessed at PV over the last few years. PV has TOO many weak prima donnas, imho. All fluff, no physical or mental dexterity.

It got that way when jokers started praising A&T as the be all end all of HBCUs. Some even suggested leaders from other HBCUs visit A&T as if they could do the same in a different state. What they failed to realize, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc. are not North Carolina.

There are still things to learn from programs like A&T. They get way more output from their financial obligations, and they don't spend as much on athletics as some SWAC schools.

Man I watched Jesus in motion as Air Force (Go Falcons!) decimated that fbs school washington st. You KNOW the run is coming, you KNOW the schemes they use, yet you simply cannot stop it. When Air Force put that 12+ minute drive together, it spoke to my heart. The commitment by personnel on the field to execute (w/out PENALTY) flawlessly, commitment by the players believing in the system presented before them, commitment to strength training/athletic speed training, commitment to film study (obviously), commitment to the classroom (aeronautical engineer??? man... jealous lol), and the commitment to complete the task (score and eat up clock) was an amazing thing to witness.

In the end "gimmick" football didn't fare so well lol. (spread offense) I cannot speak for others but can easily speak for what I've witnessed at PV over the last few years. PV has TOO many weak prima donnas, imho. All fluff, no physical or mental dexterity.

A wing and a prayer. I guess that's why you get plenty of old time religion at those games.

There are still things to learn from programs like A&T. They get way more output from their financial obligations, and they don't spend as much on athletics as some SWAC schools.

The meac schools are different because they rob Peter to pay Paul. Meac schools especially the northern meac schools charges their students over $1000 a year to fund athletics. Norfolk st and James Madison charges their students $1500 a year

The meac schools are different because they rob Peter to pay Paul. Meac schools especially the northern meac schools charges their students over $1000 a year to fund athletics. Norfolk st and James Madison charges their students $1500 a year

I thought Virginia capped how much colleges could assess in those fees.

How is that robbing peter to pay paul if the athletic fee is used for athletics?

How is that robbing peter to pay paul if the athletic fee is used for athletics?

Most of their athletic budget come from student fees (I think A&T's was at 75% and as previously mentioned, Norfolk and JMU's are higher)

Last edited:
Back