Official "The Chi" on Showtime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished watching episode 7. I'll wait till after it is broadcasted at regular time before I share my thoughts.

I must admit, the situation with Jason Mitchell had me observing his interaction with his on screen girlfriend very differently tonight. I am not necessarily defending Jason but my guess is that he got a little too thirsty and just never knew when or how to pull back on his advances. His and Tiffany Boone's character roles in the series allow for a lot of intimacy and she really is a gorgeous young thing like all of the women in the series. I can definitely see how Bro. might have gotten carried away. Seems like they (acting agencies, executives) could have worked with ole dude, get him some help or something because he is just that gifted of an actor or maybe they tried and felt it was no use which explains why he got blackballed so quickly. This is the #metoo era though. A brother just can't have any margin for error now. I just hate because again, the brother is such a gifted actor. A good mentor would really help him.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Otis Perry AKA Douda is true Chameleon.

Man, that female detective has a soft side.

Douda has 2 faces and some know it.

Det Toussaint personal life is being shown now with them showing her son in jail. He's getting bullied in jail because they know his mom is a cop. Just wait till Douda's crew find out who he is and they are gonna turn her or she's gonna go harder at them in the streets.

Jason just can't get a break. I wonder how they are gonna end his role on the show.

Jada was ready to give Ronnie some puddin since she hasn't had any in a while and it's hot.

We're also learning some back story on Det Cruz history.

Douda has 2 faces and some know it.

Det Toussaint personal life is being shown now with them showing her son in jail. He's getting bullied in jail because they know his mom is a cop. Just wait till Douda's crew find out who he is and they are gonna turn her or she's gonna go harder at them in the streets.

Jason just can't get a break. I wonder how they are gonna end his role on the show.

Jada was ready to give Ronnie some puddin since she hasn't had any in a while and it's hot.

We're also learning some back story on Det Cruz history.
Question Fiyah, how do you know "it's hot"?

Just when Ronnie's mom was about to get on my nerves because of all over her complaining (stuff that is normal for people her age to do), they breakout with some Chicago stepping. I loved that scene. Ever since a viral video of that song hit instagram a few months ago, I could not get the tune out of my head. Much respect to my Chi-Town Steppers, LOL.

I can see Brandon working with Detective Cruz to snitch his way out of being Douda's fish. But yeah, everything takes a new turn now that the character will not be back next season. I wonder how that will turn out as well. Will they keep his girl in the series too? Questions....

That scene with Brandon and Douda was classic though. A lot of nuggets for those who hustle at anything in life. "Raise Your Expectations," "Never let another man have bigger dreams for you than you have for yourself," "Scared Money Don't Make No Money."

That lady Detective. Even though we know her story now, she is still relentless. I mean, looks like she could care less of Brandon's innocence. That quote she said about Brandon being alerted to what Douda could be doing. SMH & LOL.....

I've been in Education for 22 years. I've seen it all. In 2019, you got to be a fool to be a track coach driving a BMW, messing with one of your underage runners, talking crazy to other students, and thinking nothing won't happen to you.

Last edited:
13 minutes into this, it seems as she is trying to say, she did not know what was going on with Jason & Tiffany until after the 1st season was completed. She seemed to imply that HR stepped in and took over the situation that she thought was resolved before the 2nd season began airing. Letting Jason go was not her doing according to her because she supposedly does not have certain control. According to her, she was made to step out when she tried to remedy the situation because it was supposedly a legal matter. She never wanted to kick anyone off the show so she says.

...scratching my head....there is a new slang for her explanations but I am not going to say it on here.

To be fair, I'd like to hear Jason's and Tiffany's side of the story especially if they supposedly worked things out with each other...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S6yN50YqQM

Last edited:
13 minutes into this, it seems as she is trying to say, she did not know what was going on with Jason & Tiffany until after the 1st season was completed. She seemed to imply that HR stepped in and took over the situation that she thought was resolved before the 2nd season began airing. Letting Jason go was not her doing according to her because she supposedly does not have certain control. According to her, she was made to step out when she tried to remedy the situation because it was supposedly a legal matter. She never wanted to kick anyone off the show so she says.

...scratching my head....there is a new slang for her explanations but I am not going to say it on here.

To be fair, I'd like to hear Jason's and Tiffany's side of the story especially if they supposedly worked things out with each other...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S6yN50YqQM

She might have thought that if no one else came to her after HR took over. Especially if Tiffany did not go back to her.

She didn't want to kick anyone off? YEAH RIGHT. If white guys are getting chased off shows what chance did Jason have?

Notice you have not heard from the Father from 7th Heaven since his incident while on Scandal. Unlike Jason he has 7th Heaven syndication checks to live off of and Star Trek conventions.

Ronnie screwing up again....the alcohol will do it do you.

Now the things we found out and what will happen. Will Douda give up Reg as a sacrifice for robbing that house he told him to rob.
Peaches is who? lol
Detective Cruz may put it together when and if he finds out that the white girl was killed by Douda's crew since Reg told Brandon and Brandon may let it slip with Cruz.
Will Kevin start to sell at the new school since they can get so much money from the white kids.

So much that can happen...

Douda is probably going to whack the guy. He invited him for dinner, and basically begged the man to make it right. But, the young man decided to not take the money.

Just watched episode 9. Just like that, this season is a wrap save for one last episode.

Man, I hope they change their mind about writing Jason Mitchell/Brandon's character off the show. This was the best episode for him. It was all positive for him too. Brandon's chemistry with Emmett is on point as well. I also hope they keep Reg's character too. He is a good bad guy, LOL.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
More random thoughts from Episode 9

Emmett's baby mamma though...after the boy really got himself together...but then again, he ain't learned his lesson (if it is his)….wrap it up Bruh!

Ronnie been crazy...surprised that Tracey went and bailed him out...she got some issues herself but man she fine....i'd choose her...looks like in the preview of 10 he got some female hating going on though....he crazy but women got love for him....they (writers) need to just let him have his moment for a minute cause I'm tired of seeing him down and out....

Brandon was at his best in this episode, catering, mentoring, reaching out to Reg for street justice...my prediction for the next episode is this...Brandon is backed in a corner where he might snitch. Douda knows this, makes him feel relaxed and comfortable, then gives Reg a choice, take out Brandon and he will protect Reg, if not then Reg will die or even worse, something will happen to Jake...

Speaking of Reg, I enjoyed seeing him carryout street justice to the track coach, but wait till Emmett's girl find out that he put Reg on him. That is going to be messy...

Sonny reminds me of some of the old heads in Memphis that I've gotten to know. Funny, real, and serious about his fried chicken....LOL when he said, "R. Kelly started this isht!" Ha!

Detective Toussaint-As soon as she tried to pressed Douda, I figured it would be all over for her son. But judging by next week's preview, she will be as relentless as ever....

Papa is the man.....LOL @ Kevin getting that belt....he tried though.....LOL

Just watched episode 9. Just like that, this season is a wrap save for one last episode.

Man, I hope they change their mind about writing Jason Mitchell/Brandon's character off the show. This was the best episode for him. It was all positive for him too. Brandon's chemistry with Emmett is on point as well. I also hope they keep Reg's character too. He is a good bad guy, LOL.

Yep it really was...

Emmett's baby mamma though...after the boy really got himself together...but then again, he ain't learned his lesson (if it is his)….wrap it up Bruh!

Brandon was at his best in this episode, catering, mentoring, reaching out to Reg for street justice...my prediction for the next episode is this...Brandon is backed in a corner where he might snitch. Douda knows this, makes him feel relaxed and comfortable, then gives Reg a choice, take out Brandon and he will protect Reg, if not then Reg will die or even worse, something will happen to Jake...

Detective Toussaint-As soon as she tried to pressed Douda, I figured it would be all over for her son. But judging by next week's preview, she will be as relentless as ever....

Emmett is just like his dad.....screwing everyone and leaving his seed. don't know how to wrap it up.

I wouldn't be surprise that they write Brandon off as putting him is witness protection. Toussaint figured out just like I did that Brandon's truck was bugged. That's how Douda knew to call her Alice.

Kevin got that ole fashion arse whooping and at school.

Papa is definitely "The Man"

Ronnie been crazy...surprised that Tracey went and bailed him out...she got some issues herself but man she fine....i'd choose her...looks like in the preview of 10 he got some female hating going on though....he crazy but women got love for him....they (writers) need to just let him have his moment for a minute cause I'm tired of seeing him down and out....

Speaking of Reg, I enjoyed seeing him carryout street justice to the track coach, but wait till Emmett's girl find out that he put Reg on him. That is going to be messy...

Sonny reminds me of some of the old heads in Memphis that I've gotten to know. Funny, real, and serious about his fried chicken....LOL when he said, "R. Kelly started this isht!" Ha!

When Douda called her by her first name she should have known what was up...that her son was in danger.

Random Thoughts from the Season 2 Finale

Well, after Dre on Power, no other character on the screen would I loved to see smoked than Douda. He played Brandon like it was nothing. Dective Toussaint (who I also can't stand) played him too. How many bad things can happen to one man in two seasons. ....and that scene when he and his fiancee split up was tough to watch.

I knew Reg was through when I heard them motorcycles. He grew to become my favorite character. RIP...but is he dead really?

When they played that Donny Hathaway joint (Someday We'll All Be Free), it set the mood in the end and gave it a really dark and gloomy feel....

Last edited:
Well, after Dre on the Power, no other character on the screen would I loved to see smoked than Douda. He played Brandon like it was nothing. With Jason Mitchell not coming back, just like that it is over for Brandon. It's so bad because again, he played his character real good.

I knew Reg was through when I heard them motorcycles. They've done that type of scene in so many movies now. ...and Reg is dead right? I mean, it was never confirmed...but....

I'm not as enthusiastic as I had been about Power. It really died for me after Ghost got out of prison. Still, I now countdown for the final season....

Power has been going downhill for a while.

You knew it was all over for Reg when Perry wanted his little brother to come work at the pizza place and get away from him.

I almost want to see Kevin & Maisha grow old together. She got her life plan and don't want to be like her momma with all them kids and wants to be successful. She sees it in Kevin and can make him grow.

It almost gave you the feeling that the show was over the way they wrapped up things for the main characters.

Time for a new neighborhood and new characters for season 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back