Odums interested in McNeese State job according to reports

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
Southern University's head football coach Dawson Odums is reportedly one of more than 100 applicants looking to take over as coach of the McNeese State Cowboys.

Reports say Odums is one of about 120 prospects applying for the job at McNeese State. While Southern's coach is one of the notable applicants, USF offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert has been rumored to be the frontrunner for the job.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/su-footbal...Wopvj6uBWI6xeffOQXqRc5z4aZM6_FKydmmtBAnIqbMRs

I don't know about this one. This would be a lateral move at best. The coach they just fired got the job 3 years ago when McNeese St. head coach got the job at ULM. McNeese St. beat us at home last year by 7 in the final minute of the game. Southern is a top 3 program in the SWAC while McNeese is a top 3 program in the Southland. McNeese St. might pay $175,000 if that. From what I noticed the teams in the Southland are just like the Big 12, all offense and no defense. The thing that separates them from the SWAC is that their OL and DL play is alittle better. I believe this is to give Odums a raise

I don't know about this one. This would be a lateral move at best. The coach they just fired got the job 3 years ago when McNeese St. head coach got the job at ULM. McNeese St. beat us at home last year by 7 in the final minute of the game. Southern is a top 3 program in the SWAC while McNeese is a top 3 program in the Southland. McNeese St. might pay $175,000 if that. From what I noticed the teams in the Southland are just like the Big 12, all offense and no defense. The thing that separates them from the SWAC is that their OL and DL play is alittle better. I believe this is to give Odums a raise
Won't be in the top 10. . You know they look down on swac football.

"Big Worm not happy down there? SU who's in charge?"

Alcorn+1108.jpg

I think Odums is seeing the handwriting on the wall when he can't win championships in the SWAC. It doesn't take much to do such. The Southland Conference bottom feeder Northwestern State hung a foot in the defending SWAC champions behind this year. I'm not sure why SU hasn't offered a Southland coach the job. When SU increased Pete Richardson's salary over $200k, I believe the then McNeese coach wanted to become SU's head coach. IMO, SU should have seriously considered hiring him.

I think alot people tend to forget alot of things.
Odum was hired in the mist of Stump getting fired.
SU was going through the worst budget crisis in Louisiana, and it would of been a PR nightmare, for SU to go out and overpay anybody to come coach on the bluff.

I give Odum his credit, from budget crisis to the NCAA he has maintain SU football, but lets not forget the fact he is in the middle of pack in salaries among HBCU Coaches, yet SU has won more then 90% of HBCUS COACHES and we did not overpay.

I can guarantee you most in Jaguar Nation would not lose sleep over him leaving..

And if this is to give Odums a raise, I hope SU does not fall for it. He has built in raises for the BC,SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP, AND CB, you earn raise. SU Board, dont do like these other HBCUS and overpay.

Last edited:
SU was going through the worst budget crisis in Louisiana, and it would of been a PR nightmare, for SU to go out and overpay anybody to come coach on the bluff.

I give Odum his credit, from budget crisis to the NCAA he has maintain SU football, but lets not forget the fact he is in the middle of pack in salaries among HBCU Coaches, yet SU has won more then 90% of HBCUS COACHES and we did not overpay.

I can guarantee you most in Jaguar Nation would not lose sleep over him leaving..

After watching the Bayou Classic, I for one who won't lose any sleep. One thing I have noticed, Odums don't get on the refs when the they make a bad call or miss a call, such as the offside call they terribly missed in the BC. It's not the players job to do such, it's the coach's job. At least complain to the SWAC office for piss poor refs.

And if this is to give Odums a raise, I hope SU does not fall for it. He has built in raises for the BC,SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP, AND CB, you earn raise. SU Board, dont do like these other HBCUS and overpay.

I think SU has a more competent board now. TC is gone.

I don't think TC is gone just yet. He is still the Chair of the Athletic Committee and now that he got his ring of honor built, he still has influence. LOL.

You are right, his term expires at the end of this month. I guess he'll go back to full time practice of Louisiana outdated laws, where judges sign off on erroneous court orders. Dumb mofos can't do math or read. LOL!!!

http://www.sus.edu/page/2355

Remember Mike Grant

Mike was saying crazy stuff in the media. Like that job was a dream job or a great job in Ohio and they were not even a basketball school. So he basically insulted us. Lol. Worm is really saying, we are insulting him by acting like we hope he leave. Lol.

How much you want to bet he gets put back on our board. Lol

I guess he's Democrat now and kissing Governor Edwards butt. Typical Louisiana politics. Elbert Guillory did the same thing until them White folks had gotten tired of him.

images

Last edited:
I don’t think TC can, if I’m reading the law right.

He might. My homeboy (Lawson) served beyond his limit, but he did it by finishing out another board member's term from the same district. It's possible. But I do believe the retiring board member would have to request such and the retiring board member is from the same district or an at-large board member.

Last edited:
He might. My homeboy (Lawson) served beyond his limit, but he did it by finishing out another board member's term from the same district. It's possible. But I do believe the retiring board member would have to request such and the retiring board member is from the same district or an at-large board member.
He was already term limited once and Jindal let him back on lol.

Reactions: JR
According to the list of applicants,

Reggie Barlow and EJ Junior applied as well

He was already term limited once and Jindal let him back on lol.

It would seem like Governor Edwards would go in the direction of new board members and especially away from those who curry favors with Jindal. Jindal's legacy should be completely erased from Louisiana. Senator Kennedy decided not to run against Edwards in the next election, which speaks volumes of the job Governor Edwards has done after Jindal. Why mess up a good thing??? Jindal was just a flunky for Texas billionaires who saw all the jobs and people move to Texas moreso than ever. Now he's working for a Florida firm helping people with medicaid, the same program he kept people in Louisiana from getting.

Last edited:
Back