SU board plans to fire Nathan Haymer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
i just assumed i know in other situations like this everybody gets investigated just asking

They did. And I am sure they will continue to be scrutinized now because of the situation. Hence Mr. Jackson coming in as an Administrative Consultant to the Band.

Not sure where you think this process is, but it's done.

The process for Haymer ends with him being behind bars.

man-jail-cell-stands-bed-footage-062705660_iconm.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, with Haymer gone, I doubt there will be another Crankfest in New Orleans?

It may be. It is a good fundraiser for both bands. I am sure Kedric will think about it. I am sure Dr. Little will reach out to him and vice versa.

I blame this on the inner core of the Juke alumni who should've advised Haymer not to engage in such illegal acts. Somebody knew what he was doing.

How so? Unless you are in his office. How would you know what he is doing? That makes no sense. And why would you think he would listen to Juke Alumni? Seriously? None of our directors have listened to Juke Alumni. Not Doc, not Jackson, not Haymer. Whatever they do is based on them and their actions. Especially business wise. I am willing to bet Boom Alumni do not dictate what Little or Taylor does business wise. How could they? It is up to their BOSSES to look to see what they are doing. You just trying to drop blame on somebody outside of the folks involved. The only person that can be blamed is the person who did it. And if the University if they don't have any checks and balances. We aint privy to the books. Hell most HBCU alums would love to go see our Universities financial transactions. LOL. But that's what the state auditor's job is for.

How so? Unless you are in his office. How would you know what he is doing? That makes no sense. And why would you think he would listen to Juke Alumni? Seriously? None of our directors have listened to Juke Alumni. Not Doc, not Jackson, not Haymer. Whatever they do is based on them and their actions. Especially business wise. I am willing to bet Boom Alumni do not dictate what Little or Taylor does business wise. How could they? It is up to their BOSSES to look to see what they are doing. You just trying to drop blame on somebody outside of the folks involved. The only person that can be blamed is the person who did it. And if the University if they don't have any checks and balances. We aint privy to the books. Hell most HBCU alums would love to go see our Universities financial transactions. LOL. But that's what the state auditor's job is for.
It's amazing how folks who were once Haymer loyalists are now distancing themselves as far away from him as they can.
Ohhh, how the mighty have fallen.

If those books don't contain personnel files, you have privy to the books and universities financial transactions, just complete a public records request.

Last edited:
It's amazing how folks who were once Haymer loyalists are now distancing themselves as far away from him as they can.
Ohhh, how the mighty have fallen.

What did I tell you JayRob. We don't air our opinions on our own folks to outsiders. That's beyotch made to do that. Although some SU folks may feel they need too. We defended Nate against that petty shit folks were mad at him about or posting daily just because he rubbed some outsiders the wrong way. Him being perceived to be arrogant aint nothing for us to be jading him in public about. You aint got to be humble. But you got to be honest. People may not like you because you are arrogant and such. But that does not mean you can't do the job well. That's what we defended. It was ridiculous how folks questioned his sexuality, his arrogance/non humility, class, etc. Just say you don't like the dude and move on was our response. But it was non stop like it was bothering folks daily lives. LOL. That being said, he is no longer the Director and the band must move on. As they have before he was director. One man don't stop no show.

And I aint kicking the man while he is down trying to defend himself against all of this. He is still a Juke and still an alum of SU. He knows what he did or did not do or what his intentions were. That is for him to deal with. Not Southern University Marching Band. They will see yall in the Fall in Mumford!

What did I tell you JayRob. We don't air our opinions on our own folks to outsiders. That's beyotch made to do that. Although some SU folks may feel they need too. We defended Nate against that petty shit folks were mad at him about or posting daily just because he rubbed some outsiders the wrong way. Him being perceived to be arrogant aint nothing for us to be jading him in public about. You aint got to be humble. But you got to be honest. People may not like you because you are arrogant and such. But that does not mean you can't do the job well. That's what we defended. It was ridiculous how folks questioned his sexuality, his arrogance/non humility, class, etc. Just say you don't like the dude and move on was our response. But it was non stop like it was bothering folks daily lives. LOL. That being said, he is no longer the Director and the band must move on. As they have before he was director. One man don't stop no show.

And I aint kicking the man while he is down trying to defend himself against all of this. He is still a Juke and still an alum of SU. He knows what he did or did not do or what his intentions were. That is for him to deal with. Not Southern University Marching Band. They will see yall in the Fall in Mumford!

All I have to say about him is that hubris is a muthafucka. i hope dude lands on his feet. as a matter of fact, give him a couple of years and i'm sure he'll be fine. but it's a shame he went out like he did.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It's not like JayRob to kick one while he's down, but frankly it's really not a good time to be a Jag/Juke. First Cador, then Pugh, then Haymer. Who's next?

It's not like JayRob to kick one while he's down, but frankly it's really not a good time to be a Jag/Juke. First Cador, then Pugh, then Haymer. Who's next?

It's fine to be a Jag (Jukes are Jags too by the way). Cador retired and still serves as an advisor to the AD. He had a long career but it was time. You can't coach forever. He has it made in the shade right now. The new baseball coach will get his scholarships back next season. I like his abilities. Pugh decided to pull a Casem and go get two retirement checks from two different states. You can't blame her for that. Plus I think she thought we were going to pay Sean Woods more money than her and she miscalculated her flirtation with PV and we ended up paying Woods less money than we were paying her. LOL. So hey, it is all good. We will see if PV over paid for her. Haymer situation is definitely not a show stopper. Plenty of ex Jukes can lead that band. The pipeline is full. Hell it may be more full of band directors across the country than in the history of Southern University. There is some great talented young folks and some that are middle aged that are all over the place that can be SU band director. Including the young man who has replaced Haymer. One thing will not change. SU band will continue to be SU band.

As for who is next. It's tuff on the bluff as Casem used to say. So it could be anybody. Everyone is always on the clock if you are in a position of authority at SU. Nothing has change but the names. So I am sure the BOS and the Administration will have changes as we always do.

Looks like Haymer is trying to steal more money from SU. He is going to challenge the board's decision

display:block; height:44px; margin:0 auto -44px; position:relative; top:-22px; width:44px;"></div></div> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">He’s in for the fight of his life , but he’s ready ! Nathan Haymer will be appealing the decision on his termination and we support him ! Rally up the troops ! #ReinstateNate #IStandWithHaymer #Haymertyme #JukeboxUnited</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/daniellenstamper/" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Danielle Nikita Stamper</a> (@daniellenstamper) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2018-05-10T15:27:24+00:00">May 10, 2018 at 8:27am PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async defer src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

Looks like Haymer is trying to steal more money from SU. He is going to challenge the board's decision

display:block; height:44px; margin:0 auto -44px; position:relative; top:-22px; width:44px;"></div></div> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">He’s in for the fight of his life , but he’s ready ! Nathan Haymer will be appealing the decision on his termination and we support him ! Rally up the troops ! #ReinstateNate #IStandWithHaymer #Haymertyme #JukeboxUnited</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/daniellenstamper/" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> Danielle Nikita Stamper</a> (@daniellenstamper) on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2018-05-10T15:27:24+00:00">May 10, 2018 at 8:27am PDT</time></p></div></blockquote> <script async defer src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

No surprise here, we all know Haymer is a Drama Queen. Rivalry Aside, No Respect for this clown.

Last edited:
So he'd rather drag southern's name through the mud and gutter rather than respectfully bow out? Now THAT'S the Haymer we all know.

I blame this on the inner core of the Juke alumni who should've advised Haymer not to engage in such illegal acts. Somebody knew what he was doing.

Didn't know you were so concerned! Or is it that your interest is keeping this subject in the open forum so that it never dies in an effort to embarrass SU? I think the latter is true! What you seem to not get is that SU's Human Jukebox Marching Band is heads and shoulders above any other SWAC marching band, and no matter how much we falter or are blemished, opportunities for others to rise above simply do not exist without the time and effort that is required to be GREAT! The Sonic Boom can't talk its way into greatness, it must work its way into greatness! Your mean-spirited gestures wont help you here! Your band must work its way into greatness, Maybe what SU should do is publish a pamphlet for sale and distribution to other collegiate marching bands on "How to Be Great!" Maybe then your damaged pride will allow you to move on and not be so obsessed with SU!

Last edited:
Didn't know that you were so concerned! Or is it that your interest is keeping this subject in the open forum so that it never dies in an effort to embarrass SU? I think the latter is true! What you seem to not get is that SU's Human Jukebox Marching Band is heads and shoulders above any other SWAC marching band, and no matter how much we falter or are blemished, opportunities for others to rise above simply do not exist without the time and effort that is required to be GREAT! The Sonic Boom can't talk its way into greatness, it must work its way into greatness! Your mean-spirited gestures wont help you here! Your band must work its way into greatness, Maybe what SU should do is publish a pamphlet for sale and distribution to other collegiate marching bands on "How to Be Great!" Maybe then your damaged pride will allow you to move on and not be so obsessed with SU!
As far as keeping this subject in the news, seems like you're doing what you're accusing me of doing.
As far as damaged pride, you might want to aim those words at Haymer and perhaps your fellow Jukes and Jags who are still in support of his tactics to further damage the legacy that Doc and Jackson left at southern.

SU administrators turned a "blind eye" to Haymer and his shenanigans. A lesson learned is a lesson earned! Kedric Taylor, you're up next. Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain, La de da de de, la de da de da. The beat goes on, the beat goes on!
mod.gif

Wow! You guys had all the answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back