SU board plans to fire Nathan Haymer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those southern folks, who chided, criticized and belittled us even though we tried to tell the truth, owe us an apology. Nevertheless, it's not like us to kick a Jag while he's down, so we waive all rights to those apologies.

Good luck Jag nation in your future endeavors to find a more decent and upstanding band leader.

Jackson just called me. He is only going to be a consultant not interim. That probably means one of the assistants will be named interim. Probably Kedric.
Did Haymer call you? If so, what did he say? "I didn't do it!"

Signed....Just Curious.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Did Haymer call you? If so, what did he say? "I didn't do it!"

Signed....Just Curious.

Uh no. Jackson has known me since I marched in the Jukebox and is a Charter Member of KKPSI at SU. Different relationship with us old school 70’s and 80’s cats. We stay in touch.

Those southern folks, who chided, criticized and belittled us even though we tried to tell the truth, owe us an apology. Nevertheless, it's not like us to kick a Jag while he's down, so we waive all rights to those apologies.

Good luck Jag nation in your future endeavors to find a more decent and upstanding band leader.

So were Jags supposed to publicly criticize folks for the sake of it? Seriously. One thing Doc taught us old Jukes. You keep it in house. We would never let anybody bait us into tearing one of our own down. Y’all did enough of it from day 1. Lol.

So were Jags supposed to publicly criticize folks for the sake of it? Seriously. One thing Doc taught us old Jukes. You keep it in house. We would never let anybody bait us into tearing one of our own down. Y’all did enough of it from day 1. Lol.
Who was the "one of our own" person that we tore down? If you're referring to Haymer, we simply told the truth as folks can now see.
It was Haymer who was found to be habitually lying, while tearing down others in the process.

Who was the "one of our own" person that we tore down? If you're referring to Haymer, we simply told the truth as folks can now see.
It was Haymer who was found to be habitually lying, while tearing down others in the process.

Meaning no SU Jag especially any of us that are ex band members would ever co-sign what outside folks think of one of our own. Y’all felt compelled to bash him early and often. A lot of it wasn’t even that serious. Lol. But heck y’all bashed Doc on here at the end as well, calling him a crook. We dont participate in publicly bashing our own. He is still a SU alum and Juke. Hopefully he learns from this experience and bounces back for his own sake. But the Jukebox is and has been bigger than one person. So we thank him for his contributions that were positive and we move on to next man up.

Meaning no SU Jag especially any of us that are ex band members would ever co-sign what outside folks think of one of our own. Y’all felt compelled to bash him early and often. A lot of it wasn’t even that serious. Lol. But heck y’all bashed Doc on here at the end as well, calling him a crook. We dont participate in publicly bashing our own. He is still a SU alum and Juke. Hopefully he learns from this experience and bounces back for his own sake. But the Jukebox is and has been bigger than one person. So we thank him for his contributions that were positive and we move on to next man up.
So in other words, out of sheer arrogance, Jukes couldn't publicly call a spade a spade? Silence can be construed as acquiescence.

As far as "bashing" Haymer, folks simply told the truth. Some Haymer loyalists might call that bashing, but some might call it "truth-telling".
Had those Haymerites listened and properly advised Haymer himself of what's right and wrong, perhaps he'd still be the Juke band director, but folks kept silent.

As far as Doc's concerned, I don't recall ever criticizing him, except on the light-skinned dark-skinned thing. Other than that, he seemed to be a well respected person and band director....unlike Haymer.

You even had some JSU posters defending Haymer: Rivalry Aside: Respect. :confused: When a SU poster became unhinged, used profanity and reverted to personal attacks, just because we told the truth about Haymer, you knew it was something more serious than Haymer.
crazy.thumb.gif
When we didn't revert to their tactics or circle the wagons, that was "Grace Under Fire." :)

Last edited:
So in other words, out of sheer arrogance, Jukes couldn't publicly call a spade a spade? Silence can be construed as acquiescence.

As far as "bashing" Haymer, folks simply told the truth. Some Haymer loyalists might call that bashing, but some might call it "truth-telling".
Had those Haymerites listened and properly advised Haymer himself of what's right and wrong, perhaps he'd still be the Juke band director, but folks kept silent.

As far as Doc's concerned, I don't recall ever criticizing him, except on the light-skinned dark-skinned thing. Other than that, he seemed to be a well respected person and band director....unlike Haymer.

You guys are constantly saying that you wouldn't kick a man while he's down, but that is exactly what you are doing! What gives! SU grads would never engage in such downright mean-spirited conduct, if it were you undergoing this transition!

Last edited:
You guy are constantly saying that you wouldn't kick a man while he's down, but that is exactly what you are doing! What gives! SU grads would never engage in such mean-spirited conduct, if it were you undergoing this transition!
Dude please. You must not have been on this board very long or you're delusional. :smh:

Well I hate for any brother to lose his job. That isn't anything to celebrate or laugh at. I wish Haymer well and hope this doesn't hurt the Jukebox too much. I'm an Alcornite but I care for all our schools. Competition is one thing but moral support is another. Haymer should've been more careful. Not saying what he did was right,but it's a situation that all of us can learn from

Well I hate for any brother to lose his job. That isn't anything to celebrate or laugh at. I wish Haymer well and hope this doesn't hurt the Jukebox too much. I'm an Alcornite but I care for all our schools. Competition is one thing but moral support is another. Haymer should've been more careful. Not saying what he did was right,but it's a situation that all of us can learn from
The thing is, he knew that he was stealing money, but did a whole halftime show to demeaning an entire band of stealing when there was no evidence that it did. But there was a history of him stealing in the past and in the present.

The thing is, he knew that he was stealing money, but did a whole halftime show to demeaning an entire band of stealing when there was no evidence that it did. But there was a history of him stealing in the past and in the present.

I must’ve missed that

But Nathan will be just fine. He can live off his personal stimulus checks until he finds new employment. He said SU was paying him a Supreme salary so he should have thousands upon thousands saved up to help out along his journey.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

You do realize his questionable activity was for 2018 not during the Fall when SU played JSU. That being said, he didn't steal. He asked for separate money for himself and staff which is unethical and a violation of state ethics laws. The BAND got their money. He was asking for extra. He didn't take the band's money. Those checks went directly to SU. So in other words the Band Funds are sitting with the school from all those parades. What he did was violate ethics laws. Kickbacks are not allowed no where I know of. Now if SU had given him the band money and he kept that instead of using it for the band then that would be theft or embezzlement. That did not happen because SU aint giving no individual that money like that. LOL. If something comes up missing it will be on the administration

That being said, he paid for his actions and probably more heads should roll administratively as well. But like I said, SU and the SU Band will be just fine. Ked, Simmons, and Jackson advising is a very formidable crew. And plenty of alums ready to jump on the staff if need be. One thing for sure. We got plenty of ex Jukes that are Band Directors all over the country. Ready for their chance as an assistant or as Head.

Nathan Haymer never learned how to commingle maturity, competitiveness and respect as a leader, he was his own worst enemy. I blame Southern University for not thoroughly vetting this clown.
mod.gif

SU Administration knew exactly about him when he joined Jackson's staff as Doc was retiring. Aint nothing a secret in Louisiana. LOL.

You do realize his questionable activity was for 2018 not during the Fall when SU played JSU. That being said, he didn't steal. He asked for separate money for himself and staff which is unethical and a violation of state ethics laws. The BAND got their money. He was asking for extra. He didn't take the band's money. Those checks went directly to SU. So in other words the Band Funds are sitting with the school from all those parades. What he did was violate ethics laws. Kickbacks are not allowed no where I know of. Now if SU had given him the band money and he kept that instead of using it for the band then that would be theft or embezzlement. That did not happen because SU aint giving no individual that money like that. LOL. If something comes up missing it will be on the administration

That being said, he paid for his actions and probably more heads should roll administratively as well. But like I said, SU and the SU Band will be just fine. Ked, Simmons, and Jackson advising is a very formidable crew. And plenty of alums ready to jump on the staff if need be. One thing for sure. We got plenty of ex Jukes that are Band Directors all over the country. Ready for their chance as an assistant or as Head.
Come on JR, you should be Trump's spin doctor. Extortion is stealing no matter how you slice it.

I hear Haymer was buying pu$$y school funds. LOL and in some casss making sure his piece travels on the school’s dime.

SU administrators turned a "blind eye" to Haymer and his shenanigans. A lesson learned is a lesson earned! Kedric Taylor, you're up next. Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain, La de da de de, la de da de da. The beat goes on, the beat goes on!
mod.gif

Last edited:
Haymer finally posted something on social media after being fired and he I find it hilarious that everyone is posting on how great he is but no one is acknowledging WHY HE GOT FIRED AND HE ABUSED HIS POWER.

Haymer was making decent enough money at the director level, those kickbacks were not worth the risk. He could've capitalized on the Jukebox name in so many LEGALways. But stupid is as stupid does.

Last edited:
i do have a question Juke fans. Are Brain and Kedric going to get investigated as well? I would assume they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back