Recruiting 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our dorms needs renovation or replacement, the science building is being renovated, Bibb Graves needs renovating, Morrison needs renovation, the process of getting the business school accredited is long and expensive, we need to increase our financial ratios to improve the credit rating to borrow money for the event center or student center and to address some concerns with SACS.

In other words, the AD isn't fundraising for his department?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No need to do anything rash. Spady will be alright. Southern ' s little short run is about to come to an end vs A&M. You will be looking at Spady for along time to come.

yeah I'm actually mad Spady made the series with SU diminish with 3 Ls(really supposed to be 2 but Jaymason got hurt)..when Jones led by one game. Spady owe us big time for that isht

In other words, the AD isn't fundraising for his department?

This has very little to do with the AD. His ability to raise funds for the department is limited by the university's priority that most donated funds go to the foundation or general fund. The university then set the athletic budget.

yeah I'm actually mad Spady made the series with SU diminish with 3 Ls(really supposed to be 2 but Jaymason got hurt)..when Jones led by one game. Spady owe us big time for that isht

We would have won if Jaymason had not gotten hurt. The lack of scholarships and no experienced/good qb caught up with us the last two years.

um and what year yall beat us because of a fugged up xp? Exactly

This has very little to do with the AD. His ability to raise funds for the department is limited by the university's priority that most donated funds go to the foundation or general fund. The university then set the athletic budget.

I know we have had needs, but that sets a bad precedent. Now, anytime there's a "crisis", they can rob peter to pay paul and allow athletics to rot, rather than proactively taking care of facilities or academic needs.

From what I've been told, athletics budget has increased. I'll know more in February.

No smack to Valley, but this dude is used to playing with little to no help from his offensive line so if Valley has a deficit in the meat eater department he can make up for it

No smack to Valley, but this dude is used to playing with little to no help from his offensive line so if Valley has a deficit in the meat eater department he can make up for it

Trust me I know we've been bad in the OL for a while lol. That seems to be a priority for Comegy via a couple of offers to some JUCO recruits.

I was hoping he would offer a dual threat QB this off season (because of the atrocious OL play) but didn't expect a good one like this. Bray and Rubin are seniors which would only leave 1 after 2017 (plus Rubin might be making a position change to get on the field this year. Would not surprise me if Bray or Jarman left if we sign 1 more QB).

I would feel a lot better with Robinson starting his first game against NDSU compared to anyone currently on the roster

W/ all that quality talent in La, it's odd to see SU recruiting that far east. ::confused smiley::

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
W/ all that quality talent in La, it's odd to see SU recruiting that far east. ::confused smiley::

We still recruit LA hard as well and thats the majority of our roster. But you have to remember the coaching staff is from all over and they recruit regionally as well.

Big Worm is from NC which how we get those kids from up his way
Chennis Berry our OC/OL coach is from Cleveland but is a Savannah State alum that has coached at Howard, NC A&T, Ft Valley State, Kentucky State and Morgan State. So he knows that SE region all the way up the East Coast.

I like how they recruit. You offer the LA kids but you still don't ignore good talent from outside of the state that can help your program.

Anthony Mosely our All SWAC OL was from Georgia, Willie Quinn from Miami, Aaron Tiller is from Ohio, Kentavious Preston if from GA. All starters and good players. I didn't name all of the kids who contribute that are non LA kids. Pete used to be the same way and it worked for us.

This a good pickup. He has a good arm and can move around

Yeah he looks like he has a live arm. I like his size too. Should be some good competition for next SU QB. Austin is going into his Sr year.

Yeah he looks like he has a live arm. I like his size too. Should be some good competition for next SU QB. Austin is going into his Sr year.
He'll a good one for SU. Wish we could have got him but I'm confident we'll have someone to come in and do some good things also.

Yall know who to recognize when it comes to Willie Quinn...lol..easy recruiting

We know the Willie Quinn story. LOL. It's been talked about for a long time. And now he is a good help for recruiting back in S Florida. Good young man!

But the gist of it is that SU staff is recruiting from Cali to DC. From Ohio to Texas. And all in between. LOL. Worm and his staff definitely aint lazy when it comes to recruiting.

I really like what our staff is doing on the recruiting trail... we are making some inroads to places we haven't been since the late 80's! It's gonna be interesting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back