Celebration Bowl Payout Scheme

GramblingMan2009

The participating teams of the Celebration Bowl will receive 200k dollars in ticket to sell and ESPN won't cover the travel expense of the teams. The conference will receive 800k to split between the conference office and conference membership. The participating teams will walk alway with crumbles after paying for the team band cheerleader and presidential and athletic cabinet lounging meals and buses

The participating teams of the Celebration Bowl will receive 200k dollars in ticket to sell and ESPN won't cover the travel expense of the teams. The conference will receive 800k to split between the conference office and conference membership. The participating teams will walk alway with crumbles after paying for the team band cheerleader and presidential and athletic cabinet lounging meals and buses

Sounds like a regular college bowl game to me..........lol

sounds like it's in a teams best financial interest to not make it to the bowl. loser of the swac championship will have more cash in hand after the bowl than the bowl participant

And your verification of this is?

I'm going to just step out on a limb and say it. "I don't believe it"

From a poster on meacfans who got it from someone on onnidan who got it from someone on bluedeathvalley who says it was discussed at an alumni meeting last night.

I would think if that was the case that the conference would change the financial split after setting a expense for travel for the conference's representative.

Don't know what they give to the schools for the SCG but it could be something comparable.

I would think if that was the case that the conference would change the financial split after setting a expense for travel for the conference's representative.

Don't know what they give to the schools for the SCG but it could be something comparable.

No it's not. The SCG isn't a bowl game back by the largest sport entity in the world.

From a poster on meacfans who got it from someone on onnidan who got it from someone on bluedeathvalley who says it was discussed at an alumni meeting last night.

Okay the same folks that said that the deal wasn't done and if it gets done, their president said they would be petitioning the Big South for membership.

Then later said that the meac is participating but that their conference champ will be going to the playoffs and Southern was behind all of this.

Okay enough said.

iXGONJo.jpg

Where's the official update from ESPN regarding these terms. Right now it's just hearsay.

I still say let the MEAC go to the playoff and invite another FCS conference to participate in the Celebration Bowl. There's nothing worse than dealing with Black folks with the Stockholm Syndrome.

Do y'all honestly think that the Black man in the video below is the only Black person that thinks the way he does in North Carolina which is MEAC territory?

Or this person in South Carolina:

confederate-flag.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly I hope this is not true,, because for the FACT ESPN APPROACH THE SWAC AND MEAC, ABOUT THIS BOWL GAME, THEY SHOULD PAY FOOTBALL AND BAND EXPENSES..

Honestly I hope this is not true,, because for the FACT ESPN APPROACH THE SWAC AND MEAC, ABOUT THIS BOWL GAME, THEY SHOULD PAY FOOTBALL AND BAND EXPENSES..
I say let's all just wait for the official release of this information. Remember, not too long ago the same folks pushing this supposed deal were saying that the bowl game wasn't going to happen and a bunch of teams were going to jump ship immediately from the MEAC if it did get approved. lol

I say let's all just wait for the official release of this information. Remember, not too long ago the same folks pushing this supposed deal were saying that the bowl game wasn't going to happen and a bunch of teams were going to jump ship immediately from the MEAC if it did get approved. lol
I stopped paying attention to them. They've said themselves that there admins don't keep them in the loop. They're just mad and clueless and mad about being clueless.

I stopped paying attention to them. They've said themselves that there admins don't keep them in the loop. They're just mad and clueless and mad about being clueless.

MAD ain't the word.. They are about to DIE over there and all for a smalltime playoff game that no one knows about.

However, I will say that if $200K is not including expenses, then we don't have a good contract.

I still say let the MEAC go to the playoff and invite another FCS conference to participate in the Celebration Bowl. There's nothing worse than dealing with Black folks with the Stockholm Syndrome.

Dude, it's only those 5 fans over there who don't want to see it happen. The average A&T, FAMU, Howard, etc fan will FLOCK to ATL.

Dude, it's only those 5 fans over there who don't want to see it happen. The average A&T, FAMU, Howard, etc fan will FLOCK to ATL.

If a FCS conference like the Southland Conference was to participate, I say move the game to New Orleans or Houston. Just like ULL's participation in the New Orleans Bowl, I'm sure those necks in that conference would be too happy to play in a bowl game that would be televised on ESPN.

I have been looking up articles, and like Kenn stated the schools nor ESPN.....will not release the contract,, but how its looking is that the TWO TEAMS will get.$200,000 EACH..if they sell their allocated amount of tickets,,, they will get all of the money...whatever is not.SOLD EATS INTO THAT $200,000

Back