"Power" series drama on The Starz Channel

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
Other than 24, I haven't faithfully watched a series on TV since The Wire. This one has potential. They posted the first full episode on youtube. 50 Cent is the executive producer. Check it out.

[video=youtube;RdSPnSw9TBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdSPnSw9TBI&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DR dSPnSw9TBI&has_verified=1[/video]

***warning***a few scenes are NSFW***

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Tell me what it's about?
A brother who has become very successful in the game decides to open up a night club. Opening night at the club is very successful. He sees the club as the perfect opportunity to go legit but people around him (partner, wife) who love the lifestyle that they are living would prefer for him to stay in the game. In the meanwhile, there is a mole in his crew who is trying to take him down. He knows this but what he doesn't realize is that the D.A.'s office is after his supplier who no longer has confidence that he can hold the game down. He himself is about to be on the District Attorney's office radar which would leave him caught in the middle of some interesting drama.

Not an original story but after watching the first episode, I will definitely stay tuned.

Last edited:
This is my new show. Give me something to watch now that House of Cards season 2 is done.
Well, I guess I'm hooked too.

My observations:

Looks like in episode 2 they are still developing characters for the viewer.

Normally I would root for someone like Ghost to go legit. However, he is too much out of his element. It would never work because of his partner (Tommy) who I think could be the mole and his girl (Tasha) seem like they will never want to be a part of the legitimate world.

I feel sorry for his driver. Ghost's girl is playing him and it seems like Tommy is too. I assume that 50 cent's character that is locked up is his dad and for that reason only, he is on the payroll. He is not gangsta and doesn't seem too bright.

Starz approved of a second season just a few days after the pilot episode. I've seen nothing but positive reviews despite the familiar storylines. It's safe to say this show is going to be around for awhile.

Last edited:
I was able to watch Episode 1 on demand and caught 2 the other night. Not bad so far.....

I see he is not too bright on his phones which is where he may get caught since he uses the same phone for the drug side as his regular phone too which is stupid. You can't use a burner phone for your drugs and use it for your legit stuff too. His old flame gonna figure that out when she start to look at the phone list the DA has from the guy they gonna turn.

The driver is clueless about everything especially what the wife is teasing him with.

I was able to watch Episode 1 on demand and caught 2 the other night. Not bad so far.....

I see he is not too bright on his phones which is where he may get caught since he uses the same phone for the drug side as his regular phone too which is stupid. You can't use a burner phone for your drugs and use it for your legit stuff too. His old flame gonna figure that out when she start to look at the phone list the DA has from the guy they gonna turn.

The driver is clueless about everything especially what the wife is teasing him with.

Yes sir. Then after she was done, she rolled up the privacy wind. Ole boy had to stop and get his thoughts together. So far so good.

I don't have Starz. Anyone know where you can view episodes online...for free?

If you look at my first post in this thread, you should be able to click on the link and watch the first full episode provided by Starz.

As for the other episodes. Try this link vvvv (used to be called, "Let Me Watch This"). Click on TV shows and type in Power. You should be able to find all of the episodes that have been broadcasted from there.

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-1542919-Let-Me-In

Last edited:
Facebook-thumbs-up.jpg

If you look at my first post in this thread, you should be able to click on the link and watch the first full episode provided by Starz.

As for the other episodes. Try this link vvvv (used to be called, "Let Me Watch This"). Click on TV shows and type in Power. You should be able to find all of the episodes that have been broadcasted from there.

http://www.primewire.ag/watch-1542919-Let-Me-In

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I will wait for the season to end and then binge watch.

I did that with Game of Thrones this season. :lol: :emlaugh: I believe you will enjoy it. 1 hour per week isn't enough for me. I am usually P.O.'d that the hour flew by so fast so binge watching should be fun for you.....

I think the writers made a mistake. They should have named this series, "Power and Sex." If you all did not see last night's episode, make sure your children ain't around.

Anyways...things are heating up some. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens when Ghost and Angie find out who they really are.

At first I would have thought Tommy was the one responsible for what is going on behind the scenes. I'm definitely convinced he bleeds red (like Avon) but it's not him. Maybe it's Konnan (50 cent's character). I wouldn't even put it past Tasha if you think about all of her actions.

My final note, some of the characters could have been played by better actors. Just my opinion....still, not a bad show....

I think the writers made a mistake. They should have named this series, "Power and Sex." If you all did not see last night's episode, make sure your children ain't around.

Anyways...things are heating up some. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens when Ghost and Angie find out who they really are.

At first I would have thought Tommy was the one responsible for what is going on behind the scenes. I'm definitely convinced he bleeds red (like Avon) but it's not him. Maybe it's Konnan (50 cent's character). I wouldn't even put it past Tasha if you think about all of her actions.

My final note, some of the characters could have been played by better actors. Just my opinion....still, not a bad show....
Naw, Tasha isn't behind all this. Neither is Konnan. It's someone else. But Tasha IS going to get Konnan's son killed pulling those crazy stunts though.

Back