Verizon iPhone or HTC Thunderbolt? Which one should I get?

JSU*Toi

Come on tech folks...Help a sister out? I watched the Thunderbolt debut livesteam at CES and it's fire! But now the iphone is on Verizon... Which one should I get?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
#teamblackberry

...im just saying... :lol:

if your not going to get a blackberry then get an HTC!!

thats my motto

#teamblackberry

...im just saying... :lol:

if your not going to get a blackberry then get an HTC!!

thats my motto

Sorry but Verizon doesn't have a BB that I prefer to use since they don't have a new Storm coming out.

The Merge has been pushed further back and the Bionic is probably a 2 qtr entry too.

I'm trying to decide which one I should get myself. I want to get the iPhone 4 but the HTC Thunderbolt is going to be 4G.

Come on tech folks...Help a sister out? I watched the Thunderbolt debut livesteam at CES and it's fire! But now the iphone is on Verizon... Which one should I get?

I say it all depends on what you want in a phone and how you use it. If you only use your phone just to talk then I say neither. But if you want ease of use, a superior user experience and you like to keep your phone for a while then it’s the iPhone. But if you want something that is going to get some attention then go with the Thunderbolt. Even if you get a Verizon iPhone only tech geeks will know the difference from the other millions of iPhones in the world.

I say it all depends on what you want in a phone and how you use it. If you only use your phone just to talk then I say neither. But if you want ease of use, a superior user experience and you like to keep your phone for a while then it’s the iPhone. But if you want something that is going to get some attention then go with the Thunderbolt. Even if you get a Verizon iPhone only tech geeks will know the difference from the other millions of iPhones in the world.
I have the iPhone 3gs & I'm thinking about getting the 4 once I know for sure all the tweeks are out. I love my iPhone. I've had a windows mobile phone on a different carrier(Sprint) it was an HTC phone, can't remember which one, but I hated that damn phone...I had to replace the phone a good 5 times within a 2-3 month time span b/c it kept crashing. I finally said bump it & I moved to a BB, wtf did I do that for, that phone was even worse! After having to replace the BB 5 times in a 2 month span, I switched to ATT & got the iPhone. I've had my phone a yr & only had to get it replaced once, b/c I crashed it during an update. Other than that, I haven't had any problems with my 3Gs.
I say go with what you are comfortable with as for as user interface, style & what all you are looking for in a phone. We can give you our opinion all day long, but you are the one who has to pay for the phone & use it everyday. So it's all on you.
Good luck

Well I finally got a Balck Berry. The sad part is I don't know how to work it. :shame: Everyone keeps asking for a dam pin number. Where the hell is that at? :lol: Man I miss my flip phone so much. :lol:

LMAO @ this bs. A superior user experience? If you want to keep it for a while? WTF? The thunderbolt is only for attention when it already has better specs AND LTE as compared to the iphone 4? This dude is so jaded its just sickening.

Well I finally got a Balck Berry. The sad part is I don't know how to work it. :shame: Everyone keeps asking for a dam pin number. Where the hell is that at? :lol: Man I miss my flip phone so much. :lol:

your pin number is a unique identifier of your phone on the blkberry network. Your pin is used for BBM or Pin Msges...not to mention BIS/BES services..

People are asking your Pin so they can BBM (instant message) you!

Use this link to find out how to locate your PIN!!

Look I have a Iphone 3G. It's going on it's third year. I have not replaced it sent it in . NOthing. I'm upgrading to the I4 next month or I might wait for the Iphone 5 this Summer. Like someone said. I've seen several HTC and android phones and they just don't look or hold up as long as apple products. I've dropped this bad boy a few times. Nothing. It still does everything I need daily. And no service issues to date.

Look I have a Iphone 3G. It's going on it's third year. I have not replaced it sent it in . NOthing. I'm upgrading to the I4 next month or I might wait for the Iphone 5 this Summer. Like someone said. I've seen several HTC and android phones and they just don't look or hold up as long as apple products. I've dropped this bad boy a few times. Nothing. It still does everything I need daily. And no service issues to date.

The only compliant I have with it is that it on two of the most expensive carriers.

S/N:

What's up with the iPhone/Android hate man? It ain't even that serious when it comes to a phone...:lol:

The only compliant I have with it is that it on two of the most expensive carriers.

S/N:

What's up with the iPhone/Android hate man? It ain't even that serious when it comes to a phone...:lol:

Yeah you are right about the carriers.
Man I have friends with those Android phones and they all looke like crap. Now they have a lot of bells and wistle but they still don't come close to the Iphone. Hey if you like those phone more power to you.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bionic-thunderbolt-iphone1-600x340.png

I agree. This is the very first phone I have ever owned and had no trouble with. All others had some issues within a year, including a Palm product and a HTC product. I've had my iphone since 2009. Really makes me feel like it was a wise investment and not just a fadish purchase. Upgrading would only be a just because. This phone already does everything I need it to do.

LMAO @ this bs. A superior user experience? If you want to keep it for a while? WTF? The thunderbolt is only for attention when it already has better specs AND LTE as compared to the iphone 4? This dude is so jaded its just sickening.

Like someone said, it is just a phone. *A person should not NEED to have an object made by man to define who they are. *However, do you have any information to disprove anything I have said, no? *Just personal attacks like the common black person who*can not rise above the narrow confines of his own individualistic concerns to a broader one. *Everybody else just gave their opinion and moved on like civilized people normally do. **This "spec" argument you've been making since millions of iPhones ago makes it obvious that normal people don't want that. *There were phones with better specs since the first generation iPhone but it is the environment Apple has created in all their iOS devices that makes them sell. *Besides, the more useless crap you put on a phone you'll give up more battery life and makes them less mobile. *It's like it is defeating the purpose. *So hardware will never be the so called "iPhone killer." I don't own a iPhone and don't know if I ever will. *I use my iPad for a lot of functions I use to use a smartphone for. So it does not make me any difference what phone I use. *A phone for me is back to where it was originally designed, for voice communication. *I text on my iPad now. *I am on my second Android phone but I can see the iPhone is a better phone......a broader concern.*

Yeah you are right about the carriers.
Man I have friends with those Android phones and they all looke like crap. Now they have a lot of bells and wistle but they still don't come close to the Iphone. Hey if you like those phone more power to you.

Exactly...

boy y'all kill me how y'all argue over these cellphones...simply amazing and sad. LOL Some of you are waaaaaaay too uptight..do y'all have stock with these companies or something? geesh...Toia get the phone that will serve your needs chile and keep it moving.

Like someone said, it is just a phone. *A person should not NEED to have an object made by man to define who they are. *However, do you have any information to disprove anything I have said, no? *Just personal attacks like the common black person who*can not rise above the narrow confines of his own individualistic concerns to a broader one. *Everybody else just gave their opinion and moved on like civilized people normally do. **This "spec" argument you've been making since millions of iPhones ago makes it obvious that normal people don't want that. *There were phones with better specs since the first generation iPhone but it is the environment Apple has created in all their iOS devices that makes them sell. *Besides, the more useless crap you put on a phone you'll give up more battery life and makes them less mobile. *It's like it is defeating the purpose. *So hardware will never be the so called "iPhone killer." I don't own a iPhone and don't know if I ever will. *I use my iPad for a lot of functions I use to use a smartphone for. So it does not make me any difference what phone I use. *A phone for me is back to where it was originally designed, for voice communication. *I text on my iPad now. *I am on my second Android phone but I can see the iPhone is a better phone......a broader concern.*

You couldve summarized this by saying "im an iphone fanboy" and been done with it. And didnt the Iphone just have one of the biggest from the factory hardware problems of ANY phone ever with the reception issues... which Apple basically threw people "bumpers" or told them not to hold it that way.. or did you happen to forget about that? SMH hell outta here.

You couldve summarized this by saying "im an iphone fanboy" and been done with it. And didnt the Iphone just have one of the biggest from the factory hardware problems of ANY phone ever with the reception issues... which Apple basically threw people "bumpers" or told them not to hold it that way.. or did you happen to forget about that? SMH hell outta here.

I don’t see how I can be a “fanboyâ€￾ and not own an iPhone, but if that makes you feel good about yourself then so be it. But you just helped me make my point. You said:

And didnt the Iphone just have one of the biggest from the factory hardware problems of ANY phone ever with the reception issues...

Reports of poor reception signals began before they even hit the shelves and they still soled 3 million of them. Again specs don’t matter. I will leave it alone now because now I see you are one of those types who have to have the last word, even if you are wrong

boy y'all kill me how y'all argue over these cellphones...simply amazing and sad. LOL Some of you are waaaaaaay too uptight..do y'all have stock with these companies or something? geesh...Toia get the phone that will serve your needs chile and keep it moving.

I don’t have stock but I am in a mutual fund that has some Apple shares in it. Maybe one day I can ball like that.:D

Great darn post. Been wondering if I will retire my Storm2 for the iPhone. this is going to be a tough one. I like the Storm 2 alot, but I want the Storm to come out with a model with a camera so that I could use Skype.

I've been wondering if I will trade in my Storm 2 for the iphone. Thank you for start the thread. This is going to be a tough one.

Great darn post. Been wondering if I will retire my Storm2 for the iPhone. this is going to be a tough one. I like the Storm 2 alot, but I want the Storm to come out with a model with a camera so that I could use Skype.

I've been wondering if I will trade in my Storm 2 for the iphone. Thank you for start the thread. This is going to be a tough one.

See that's my problem too.....I have the Storm1 and I love it although it has been giving me problems with the battery and locking up occasionally. I am going to decide soon on a new phone but not too sure what I want with all thses new ones coming out.

Back