Verizon iPhone or HTC Thunderbolt? Which one should I get?

:emlaugh:

soo.. your a ethug now? over a smarthphone platform debate at that! WOW

:lol:

Why do I have to be the thug? I did not say iPhone user were dummies. *Anything I write on this site I am man enough to say it to your face or not write it at all. *Not sitting behind a computer like a coward. *Something wrong with that? *I even put my picture up so you will know what I look like when you see me coming. *Now, people on this site been "debating" about "my raggedy school is better than your raggedy school" for years. *So what if it's a cell phone this time, I am not making you read it.

Whats the pricing on the Thunderbolt data going to be?

I've seen 2 prices for the phone and don't know which one it will be, $249 & $299

they been so hush hush on this thunderbolt that we dont even know the exact date that its coming out.... soon as i find something out I will let u know.

Thanks

One rumor that I've heard is that it's suppose to be released on March 4th. Not sure if that's true...

It's been moving so much it's hard to figure out what true anymore. I've seen Feb 24th, which was moved a couple of days ago to Mar 4th.

Saw this too:
Dozens of reports are now available on the internet, quoting Best Buy’s tweet that HTC Thunderbolt is “delayed†again. According to Best Buy California’s twitter account, the HTC Thunderbolt “launch has been delayed,†and even adding a “sad smiley face.†The tweet confirmed that HTC Thunderbolt might hit stores on March 4.

PopHerald.com (that’s us) is the first website to report that the first-ever 4G LTE Verizon Wireless device will not début this month. Our source revealed that HTC Thunderbolt might not get a February launch date because VZW wants to deliver the “best first impression†with its LTE/4G, and the delay is not “totally related to iPhone 4.

The tipster also added that “Skype†is one of the reasons. Apparently, Verizon’s 2011 strategy is to maximize its 4G/LTE coverage.

HTC Thunderbolt is using 1GHz processor, Android FroYo with new HTC Sense UI, two cameras, and larger than iPhone 4 capacitive touchscreen size, and HTC’s iconic kickstand.

It's been moving so much it's hard to figure out what true anymore. I've seen Feb 24th, which was moved a couple of days ago to Mar 4th.

This was posted on Android Central....

thumb_550_thunderbolt-best-buy_0.png

So about that HTC ThunderBolt release date ... We don't know when the hell it's finally going to be released. And at this point, we're not entirely sure who does. The Feb. 14 in-stock date at Best Buy didn't happen. And obviously that rumored Feb. 24 date has come and gone. We're still confident in the sources that brought us those bits of news. But you know what? Things change.

Now there's this image that appears in the Android Central Forums (among other places) that shows a March 10 launch. No telling how old it is, though, but at least it's something. And that we've seen it distributed to a half-dozen sources at this point is making it smell like a coordinated effort, so maybe this one's the real deal, folks.

LMAO he mad huh? I still dont get why this cat is so hard on apples jock and doesnt even own the phone. Go sit down somewhere.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GUe1f84cF1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Its supposed to go on sale the 10th... im getting it. I'm going to keep my Sprint line open obviously since its free. Sprint is supposed to announce their next Superphone on the 22nd of this month so im kinda torn on what I want to do.

Phone officially goes on sale Thursday. Ill be picking mine up Thursday morning before I head to work.

Although I want to get this phone, I'm probably going to wait till the end of the month so they can get the bugs out.

You dont want to rush this.... its a FIRST for VZW... and honestly I doubt if it works correctly the first week or two.... the phone comes out tommorow and hell we dont even know how to activate the phones. Tommorow is going to be ugly for the first couple of hours tommorow.

BTW... I like my iphone over all the Androids I had. Main reason is battery life. This battery is 100 times better than my Droid X. I been listening to music on my phone for over 2 hours...and my battery is still full.... would have NEVER happenned on my Droid.... I had to keep a charger at my desk at work, car, and house. Sometimes i would be out with no battery strength. Also even though the android and apple have alot of the same apps.... the Apps made for iphones are just better... Facebook for example on Iphone is KILLING facebook on Android.

Although they say this phone is $249, if you try to order it online it will give you $199.99 price with a 2 year contract. I tried it to see what it would show for me since I have a $100 upgrade credit and it gave me the phone for $99.99.

You dont want to rush this.... its a FIRST for VZW... and honestly I doubt if it works correctly the first week or two.... the phone comes out tommorow and hell we dont even know how to activate the phones. Tommorow is going to be ugly for the first couple of hours tommorow.

BTW... I like my iphone over all the Androids I had. Main reason is battery life. This battery is 100 times better than my Droid X. I been listening to music on my phone for over 2 hours...and my battery is still full.... would have NEVER happenned on my Droid.... I had to keep a charger at my desk at work, car, and house. Sometimes i would be out with no battery strength. Also even though the android and apple have alot of the same apps.... the Apps made for iphones are just better... Facebook for example on Iphone is KILLING facebook on Android.

Its just because they put a bigger battery in the iphone lol.. before the iphone 4 came out the iphone had the worst battery life out of all smart phones. The 3G and 3Gs still do. And all of the Android phones coming out this year with the exception of the Thunderbolt are going to have the 1900+ mAH battery just like the iphone does. I dont use facebook so that doesnt affect me. And on the same token with apps, the majority of the apps that are free on Android you have to pay for on the iphone.. thus more development from the developers. Same way Angry birds is a free Android app, on the iphone you have to buy it. And you cant even sideload apps on the iphone unless you jailbreak it. With the sbc kernels though my Evo battery will outlast any iphone. Thats what I like about Android, you dont have to settle for the phone the way it comes you can fix it to your liking.

BTW I got mine this morning. LTE alone is enough for me to never touch an iphone again until they get a bigger screen, add real multitasking and LTE. Im getting 20 mb/sec downloads consistently. At this point im taking that over apps all day everyday lol.. especially since I got the mobile hotspot. No need for home internet.

Its just because they put a bigger battery in the iphone lol.. before the iphone 4 came out the iphone had the worst battery life out of all smart phones. The 3G and 3Gs still do. And all of the Android phones coming out this year with the exception of the Thunderbolt are going to have the 1900+ mAH battery just like the iphone does. I dont use facebook so that doesnt affect me. And on the same token with apps, the majority of the apps that are free on Android you have to pay for on the iphone.. thus more development from the developers. Same way Angry birds is a free Android app, on the iphone you have to buy it. And you cant even sideload apps on the iphone unless you jailbreak it. With the sbc kernels though my Evo battery will outlast any iphone. Thats what I like about Android, you dont have to settle for the phone the way it comes you can fix it to your liking.

BTW I got mine this morning. LTE alone is enough for me to never touch an iphone again until they get a bigger screen, add real multitasking and LTE. Im getting 20 mb/sec downloads consistently. At this point im taking that over apps all day everyday lol.. especially since I got the mobile hotspot. No need for home internet.

So Fyiah, I guess this is not beating a dead horse. yeah right

I have a 3GS 32 gig jailbroken iphone. Love it but I am tired of babysitting. This thing is like having a wife and a woman on the side. I am thinking of getting that new HTC since I am available for an upgrade now. Talked to my cat at the AT&T store and he told me you can install up to a 32 gb SD card in the phone. I love the idea of removeable memory, especially if you can back it up. I forgot to ask can you remove the battery so that you can have a second charged battery in your pocket for back-up. He showed me in the store how he could download any song just by searching the net.

And if apple comes out with a 4G capable iphone over the summer, I will just add a line. My current Iphone stopped charging with my IGo car charging system, so I have to reset my phone to get rid of evidence of jailbreak and go argue at the apple store to get another one. Tired of the hassle, but like the phone.

I have a 3GS 32 gig jailbroken iphone. Love it but I am tired of babysitting. This thing is like having a wife and a woman on the side. I am thinking of getting that new HTC since I am available for an upgrade now. Talked to my cat at the AT&T store and he told me you can install up to a 32 gb SD card in the phone. I love the idea of removeable memory, especially if you can back it up. I forgot to ask can you remove the battery so that you can have a second charged battery in your pocket for back-up. He showed me in the store how he could download any song just by searching the net.

And if apple comes out with a 4G capable iphone over the summer, I will just add a line. My current Iphone stopped charging with my IGo car charging system, so I have to reset my phone to get rid of evidence of jailbreak and go argue at the apple store to get another one. Tired of the hassle, but like the phone.

I honestly dont think youre gonna see an LTE iphone this year.

Considering Iphone has a disproportionate % of super users, that will be the end of the iphone then.

No, it is not the end of the iPhone. *LTE is not perfected yet. *I was on a Android site and they tested the Thunderbolt using LTE see the link below.

http://androidcommunity.com/htc-thu...vealed-hands-on-test-with-slashgear-20110317/

The battery went from 100% to 8% in just under 3 hours. *That is not enough time to be a casual user let alone a super user. *It is too much money being made around the iPhone. *You have heard this before somewhere, it's too big to fail.

They are letting that HTC Inspire go for $99. I might scoop that up tomorrow. I get 50% of accessories, so I may be able to get into this for $250 with the 32 gig of memory and an extra battery.

Although they say this phone is $249, if you try to order it online it will give you $199.99 price with a 2 year contract. I tried it to see what it would show for me since I have a $100 upgrade credit and it gave me the phone for $99.99.

I ordered mine through customer service and they charged me $149 with my $100 upgrade credit. However, when I was looking online prior to ordering it (was gonna do it online, I saw my price at $99 also). I called back and told a supervisor about the difference....she saw it....and credited my account $89.99 since my order had already been processed. I'm sure the glitch will be fixed. :lmao:

Costco has the Inspire for $20 upgrade or add a line. I am picking this up this weekend. Have to decide whether to upgrade or add a line.

I ordered mine through customer service and they charged me $149 with my $100 upgrade credit. However, when I was looking online prior to ordering it (was gonna do it online, I saw my price at $99 also). I called back and told a supervisor about the difference....she saw it....and credited my account $89.99 since my order had already been processed. I'm sure the glitch will be fixed. :lmao:

From what I'm seeing on another board, people that are getting it for $199 is getting the corporate discount and if you have a upgrade, you're getting that on top of it which could lower it by $30, $50 or $100 depending on what upgrade yo qualify for.

A dude at work Jailbroke my iphone... I get free wifi hotspot ... I had the same thing on my Droid X. A jailbroke Iphone has a totally different app store than the Apple app store. With the Iphone everything is just simplified..... its like using an Mac vs a PC. I will never buy another PC.

Back