What’s going on with our young ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're 18 and in college, you are GROWN. The law would treat you as such.
You may still get financial support from your parents, but you're still grown. Now if you're still living under the same roof as your parents, that may be different.

But in my book, if you're 18 and away at college, you're grown.

The law may treat you as an adult, but being an adult (legal) and being grown (responsible) are two different things.

You may be BIG at 18 - 21 - 35..., but you ain't GROWN until you can operate ON YOUR OWN. Ask my 20 year-old daughter and she will tell you the same thing.

The law may treat you as an adult, but being an adult (legal) and being grown (responsible) are two different things.

You may be BIG at 18 - 21 - 35..., but you ain't GROWN until you can operate ON YOUR OWN. Ask my 20 year-old daughter and she will tell you the same thing.

Is she still living under your roof? If she is, she ain't grown... in your book. And that's fine.
But I felt (and was) grown when I left home at 17 ('bout to turn 18).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Is she still living under your roof? If she is, she ain't grown... in your book. And that's fine.
But I felt (and was) grown when I left home at 17 ('bout to turn 18).

Nope. She is 225 miles away attending the University of North Florida, where I am cosigned on her apartment, she is driving my car, I am paying the insurance on that car, and 25% of her tuition. If she decided not to go to summer school next year, she will be back under my roof.

She is an adult, wonderfully gorgeous, and has a good, stable head on her shoulders. But, she's not GROWN yet.

Nope. She is 225 miles away attending the University of North Florida, where I am cosigned on her apartment, she is driving my car, I am paying the insurance on that car, and 25% of her tuition. If she decided not to go to summer school next year, she will be back under my roof.

She is an adult, wonderfully gorgeous, and has a good, stable head on her shoulders. But, she's not GROWN yet.

Ok. That's your opinion and your child.

I recall a friend’s daughter [the one that cursed her mom] bragging about how grown she was. Well after her baby was born [her father and grandmother put her out] she returned home [grown], did not have a job [grown] no money to buy diapers [grown] no money to take to baby to see the doctor [still grown]. She started to work and cursed a customer [grown] and now she is looking for another job [but she is still grown]. She got so grown she wanted to come in all times of the night, her mom said “if you are that grown – get your own placeâ€￾ she said I don’t have a job – but she is still grown.

There is a difference between being an adult via age and by responsibility. If you are 18 and you are responsible for yourself yes consider yourself as an adult. But if you still depending on your parents, you are just 18, 19 or 30.
Yep, she is an adult via age, but not mentally.

I have no problem with birth control, to use or not to use is a personal decision. God, coerce no man to follow His will. Birth control has it merit, one of which reflects one’s heart and relationship with God.

If a user is not married and practice a life of fornication with the use of birth control pills, this person can clearly see that they do not show evidence of a saved person. The use of birth control pills indicates a lifestyle practice, not an uncontrolled act of sin. To practice sin (of any sort) is to allow sin to have dominion over you, such does not reflect a person saved by the blood of Jesus.

Romans 6:13-14. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

For an unmarried person to have or use birth control, that person is making a provision for sin or is actively practicing sin.

Romans 13:14. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

If anyone does not believe in Christ, God or don’t believe the Bible is true, this does not apply to you.

For all who wish to practice sexual sin, birth control is a responsible tool for life in this temporal world. However, the practice of any sin (if not repented of) has eternal consequences.

Good Day and God Bless

this is called provoking God.

You already know how I feel about the stories of the OT god of the bible. If that's the case, then this same god provoked himself because he fornicated with Mary by impregnating her, so what's the deal with that?
He wasn't even married to her, but he somehow got another man's "woman" pregnant. LOL!! Let's see some try to "spin" this one.

Churches teaching abstinence are following the scriptures. It is the standard. To teach otherwise is hypocrisy.

To teach otherwise is foolishness and shows a lack of wisdom as do the scriptures in many places. Man-made rules, stipulations and stories put in a book and called holy is all the bible is.
What's wrong with putting on a condom when one is about to have sex?Duuuhhhh??!!

As a matter of fact, many of the very men and women preaching abstinence are some of the biggest fornicators and adulterers in the church building. How hypocritical is that?

To teach otherwise is foolishness and shows a lack of wisdom as do the scriptures in many places. Man-made rules, stipulations and stories put in a book and called holy is all the bible is.
What's wrong with putting on a condom when one is about to have sex?Duuuhhhh??!!...
Nothing as long as you are married, fidelitous, and having sex with the person that you married.

...As a matter of fact, many of the very men and women preaching abstinence are some of the biggest fornicators and adulterers in the church building. How hypocritical is that?
That is COMPLETELY hypocritical. We must PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH if our preaching is to have its maximum effect.

Abstain from sex until you are married. Expect to marry a virgin like yourself.

Nothing as long as you are married, fidelitous, and having sex with the person that you married.

That is COMPLETELY hypocritical. We must PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH if our preaching is to have its maximum effect.

People are too caught up in how the
majority of the world works. If most people
do something alot of people begin to thinks it's right.

But we are suppose to be IN the world not OF the world.

You already know how I feel about the stories of the OT god of the bible. If that's the case, then this same god provoked himself because he fornicated with Mary by impregnating her, so what's the deal with that?
He wasn't even married to her, but he somehow got another man's "woman" pregnant.
LOL!! Let's see some try to "spin" this one.

Wow!! You actually believe in disrespecting God like that? Wow!! That is scary. Ain't no way. Wow!!!! To each is their own, but you got a bigger set of balls then me.

Wow!! You actually believe in disrespecting God like that? Wow!! That is scary. Ain't no way. Wow!!!! To each is their own, but you got a bigger set of balls then me.

me too,
ain't No way I would talk about God like that :scared:

How did she get pregnant then? And the entity who supposedly impregnated her wasn't even married to her. If this story is true (which I don't believe), that's what happend, so am I to be condemned for saying the obvious?

How hypocritical would I be if I thought otherwise? Anyhow, carry on....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
How did she get pregnant then? And the entity who supposedly impregnated her wasn't even married to her. If this story is true (which I don't believe), that's what happend, so am I to be condemned for saying the obvious?

How hypocritical would I be if I thought otherwise? Anyhow, carry on....

It sort of happened like it did for Celine Dion, except the womb was used instead of a test tube.

No condemnation for your quote.

How did she get pregnant then? And the entity who supposedly impregnated her wasn't even married to her..

The same way he spoke things that did not exist into existence, by His word. The same way you breathe, by His breath of life into you.

Who was the other man? The bible never said that Joseph and Mary were “physicallyâ€￾ married when Jesus was born. In fact, Joseph was cautious about Marring Mary because of Jesus. Then Gabriel explained that the Holy Spirit would be God's enabling agent who would make Mary's supernatural act [pregnant] possible.

Get the story right; nowhere in the bible does it say that Mary became pregnant by God. It was by the power to the Holy Spirit – Luke Chapter 1

-----

Well, ya'll may be "learning" me something. I always thought that Joseph was Jesus' father but just like God is the father of us all, he was also Jesus' father. I thought Jesus was just blessed in the womb to be the "special" being that he is!

Well, ya'll may be "learning" me something. I always thought that Joseph was Jesus' father but just like God is the father of us all, he was also Jesus' father. I thought Jesus was just blessed in the womb to be the "special" being that he is!

Jesus is the Son of God

Joseph was the "earthly" father of Jesus - Joseph adopted son. Just as Christians are the adopted son of God. When we adopt children we raise them as our own, just as Joseph did with Jesus. In one scripture the said is that not the son of the Carpenter.

Jesus was supposedly "begotten" out of wedlock, so what's all the fuss about? LOL!!

And other than due to religious beliefs, what does marrying a virgin have to do with anything? I've come to the conclusion that this talk about marrying a virgin is highly overrated. Marrying a woman with experience and faithfulness to that person she's married can be more important. Having an experienced woman in the bedroom rather than a rookie is priceless.:tup:

Last edited:
Marrying a woman with experience and faithfulness to that person she's married can be more important. Having an experienced woman in the bedroom rather than a rookie is priceless

Now marrying a woman that has slept with every Tom, Dick and Harry in the community is really the way to go “rightâ€￾ so you marry one of my old gals and she see me, you know JR, she gonna have some memories about me, John, Bubba, Sam, Eddie, Robert and the entire defensive line “way to goâ€￾ and let’s not forget the one nighters. If that’s what you want, have at it.

I will take a virgin any day than a woman with the type of experience you are talking about. Besides, because a woman has been with several men, does not necessarily mean that she has experience or make a good wife or mother. The only thing you will is a wife that has been had by a lot of men. And it would be just a matter of time before her starts creeping out the back door. Here we call them porcupines.

Now marrying a woman that has slept with every Tom, Dick and Harry in the community is really the way to go “right” so you marry one of my old gals and she see me, you know JR, she gonna have some memories about me, John, Bubba, Sam, Eddie, Robert and the entire defensive line “way to go” and let’s not forget the one nighters. If that’s what you want, have at it.

I will take a virgin any day than a woman with the type of experience you are talking about. Besides, because a woman has been with several men, does not necessarily mean that she has experience or make a good wife or mother. The only thing you will is a wife that has been had by a lot of men. And it would be just a matter of time before her starts creeping out the back door. Here we call them porcupines.

One time can be considered as having experience. Experience doesn't have to mean dozens of men like you claim. It could mean one or two. The bible and other religions condemn women for having sex ONE time before marriage and condemns them for life. The woman doesn't have to have several relationships. Once is enough for that book to condemn them.
Only in religion is this nonsense about virginity overrated.

Virginity has nothing to do with whether or not a marriage will be a success or failure.
So you're saying that a woman who has had sex is less than someone who has not?

What about the man being a virgin? Should women avoid men who have had sex before marriage too and look for virgin men?

See, this is where religion has double standards and treats women like second or third class citizens. Solomon supposedly had a thousand women, yet he was called the wisest man who ever lived. Abraham had multiple wives, yet he's supposed to be the father of the faithful. David had several wives, but he was touted as a man after god's own heart. All of these non-virgin males had their way with women, yet they were praised in scripture. Now that's hypocritical to the nth degree in my book.

Last edited:
One time can be considered as having experience. Experience doesn't have to mean dozens of men like you claim. It could mean one or two. The bible and other religions condemn women for having sex ONE time before marriage and condemns them for life. The woman doesn't have to have several relationships. Once is enough for that book to condemn them.
Only in religion is this nonsense about virginity overrated.

Virginity has nothing to do with whether or not a marriage will be a success or failure.
So you're saying that a woman who has had sex is less than someone who has not?

What about the man being a virgin? Should women avoid men who have had sex before marriage too and look for virgin men?

See, this is where religion has double standards and treats women like second or third class citizens. Solomon supposedly had a thousand women, yet he was called the wisest man who ever lived. Abraham had multiple wives, yet he's supposed to be the father of the faithful. David had several wives, but he was touted as a man after god's own heart. All of these non-virgin males had their way with women, yet they were praised in scripture. Now that's hypocritical to the nth degree in my book.

JayRob, you impress me as man who relies a great deal on logic. So, would you rather have sex with a virgin than with someone who has had one sexual encounter with someone with AIDS? I would say it is virginity that is priceless.

The bible instructs abstinence for mankind - both male and female. There is no double standard there. The bane of Abraham, Solomon, and David was they way that thay handled their sexuality; it is a dark part of their legacy that is permanently recorded in the scripture. They were still good men with lots of other good qualities. The same is true of many pimps and whores. According to the bible none of us are condemned for life. Repentance has always been the path to restoration. Don't mock it; embrace it.

Sex is not the measure of a man. Being a virgin does not make one a better or worse person.

JayRob, you impress me as man who relies a great deal on logic. So, would you rather have sex with a virgin than with someone who has had one sexual encounter with someone with AIDS? I would say it is virginity that is priceless.

The bible instructs abstinence for mankind - both male and female. There is no double standard there. The bane of Abraham, Solomon, and David was they way that thay handled their sexuality; it is a dark part of their legacy that is permanently recorded in the scripture. They were still good men with lots of other good qualities. The same is true of many pimps and whores. According to the bible none of us are condemned for life. Repentance has always been the path to restoration. Don't mock it; embrace it.

Sex is not the measure of a man. Being a virgin does not make one a better or worse person.

The bible and other religions such as Islam and Judaism seems to say otherwise. A man can go out and do whatever he wants to do, but if a woman does it, she's labelled all kinds of filthy names. Men can tranfer diseases too. People can get diseases without having sex for that matter.

The bible and other religions similar to it are nothing more than man-made writings full of double standards that belittle and force women to be subservient to men.

For a book to say that, "I suffer not a women to speak in church", I find that sexist and highly degrading. The bible is full of racism and sexism. For example, the Israelites are supposedly god's "chosen":emlaugh: people. They are given the right to TAKE land and kill innocent occupants of that land just because their "god" commanded them too? How just is that? That's not justice, that's outright thievery and barbaric.

Imagine if we did that today? We'd be ostracized by most modern and civilized nations worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back