What’s going on with our young ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.
dacontinent, now you're reading stuff into the bible that's not there.

Where does it say (using your quotes) that "they were being attended to in their homes by those of the immediate family or midwives. They were excused from worship and normal gatherings because they had given birth. They were being treated for the INFIRMITY of childbirth. She is not separated FROM her child but TO her child."

How do you know they were being taken care of by midwives? Where does it say that in those verses? Where does it say that she was being taken care of by anybody? Where does it say that her newborn child was with her? None of that's in those verses you listed.

And another thing.....why does she need to bring a burnt and sin offering for having a child? Is it a sin to give birth or was she bringing an offering to make up for her uncleaness? Verses 7-8 clearly indicate that it was due to her uncleanness.
Somehow, the offering of a dove or lamb MAGICALLY cleansed her of uncleaness. What her uncleaness is, is beyond me, nevertheless, according to the bible, every woman that gives birth is unclean for 7 days if it's a male and 14 days if it's a female.

....And no...my wife was not sent away. She was at home being cared for by me for 14 days...and she did not leave home for 6 weeks except to go to the doctor's office and for an occasional ride in the the car just to get some air. She did not go to the store, the beauty salon, visit another home, laundry, cook, clean or go to church for 6 full weeks following the birth of each child.

Just out of curiosity, was your wife deemed "unclean" for 14 days by your pastor?

If not, then you all weren't following the biblical example given and commanded by the Old Testament god.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
After child birth [unclean] "that true"

That mean she is sexually unclean. Jay, is you are married and your wife just had a baby. Do you immediately start having sex with her? If you ask most doctors they will tell you there is a healing period.

And you have a ceremonial "unclean" that carries over to the NT

After child birth [unclean] "that true"

That mean she is sexually unclean. Jay, is you are married and your wife just had a baby. Do you immediately start having sex with her? If you ask most doctors they will tell you there is a healing period.

And you have a ceremonial "unclean" that carries over to the NT

Dude, you have a habit of asking questions that having nothing to do with the main subject being discussed, then you compound it by going all out in left field somewhere.

The bible clearly called her unclean, a very dirty and nasty label to put on someone. Didn't he create the birthing process. If it is filthy, then didn't he make it that way? Now ain't that being hypocritical. I thought everything he "supposedly" made was good. I guess not.

It makes no sense for the woman to be sent away from the camp. No practicing physician that I know of tells a woman to quarantine herself from society for 14 days because she just gave birth. LOL!!

This is a backwards teaching in the bible written by men who knew very little about sex and birthing and seemed to have hated women and treated them as property.

Since you have no problem asking nonsensical questions, here's one for you...did your wife leave home for 14 days after giving birth so you couldn't have sex with her?

Jay

If you just take a moment and study the bible, that's what it's talking about being unclean - you are sexually, morally or ceremonial unclean. True or false, when a woman is on her monthly cycle is she unclean, if you touch a dead animal is the animal unclean or not. Is it healthy to have sex with a female while she is on her cycle?

Most of this is health related and the use of the word unclean is not bad or degrades the individual.

Where does it say (using your quotes) that "they were being attended to in their homes by those of the immediate family or midwives...She is not separated FROM her child but TO her child.""
It says so in Jewish culture, in the culture of almost every other civilization, and in your own mind.

"...They were excused from worship and normal gatherings because they had given birth. They were being treated for the INFIRMITY of childbirth..." [/I]
Leviticus 12. Did you read it? That is why I posted it and explained it.

...How do you know they were being taken care of by midwives? Where does it say that in those verses? ...
I know because I study both scripture and culture. I know because I studied midwivery as applied in both Genesis and Exodus, which occur before Leviticus.

...Where does it say that she was being taken care of by anybody? Where does it say that her newborn child was with her? None of that's in those verses you listed...
Even though you are just being ridiculous at this point, try V.3. And, read about midwivery in Genesis and Exodus.

...And another thing.....why does she need to bring a burnt and sin offering for having a child? Is it a sin to give birth or was she bringing an offering to make up for her uncleaness? Verses 7-8 clearly indicate that it was due to her uncleanness.
Somehow, the offering of a dove or lamb MAGICALLY cleansed her of uncleaness. What her uncleaness is, is beyond me, nevertheless, according to the bible, every woman that gives birth is unclean for 7 days if it's a male and 14 days if it's a female.
She is returning to WORSHIP. There is no magic here at all. One has not completed worship until he has given an offering. She was excused from congregating in order that she might be cared for and that she might care for her child. Now that she has recovered, she is returning to worship with a suitable offering.

Don't take my word for it, ask any mature woman in your own family about how self-conscious she is/was about public appearances during the time of her menstrual cycle. Ask her to describe it to you. Then ask a mother how she felt after given birth when the rush of excess blood is still seeping from her vaginally. Ask her to describe how it feels, particularly in the context of having to entertain guests. Then, ask someone one who has had sexual intercourse with another but was unable to wash themselves or their environment before guests arrived. Each of these conditions is referred to in scripture as unclean. Why? Because they would surely be a distraction in public and particularly in worship.

You are a guy who tends to logic. This cannot be that hard to follow.

...The bible clearly called her unclean, a very dirty and nasty label to put on someone. Didn't he create the birthing process. If it is filthy, then didn't he make it that way? Now ain't that being hypocritical. I thought everything he "supposedly" made was good. I guess not.

For the record, the last it was good reference in Creation is Gen 1:25. Mankind is first mentioned in Creation in Gen 1:26. Interesting?! Methinks. Ne'ertheless, at least everything else was good. Even (Especially?) if we assume God felt the Creation of man was good, something happened to change that (Gen 3). There were penalties handed out (Gen 3:16-19) including multiplied conception. Interesting?! Methinks.

I just came in from spreading fertilizer and pesticide. I am unclean. I need to bathe thoroughly before handling food, playing with my new grandson, having sex with my wife, or just going out to meet people in public. I am not a nasty (character) person; I just need to practice hygiene.

Quit running, Bruh. Come on to Jesus.

Ok, I didn't read all these posts. LOL But here's my take. Sure, in a utopia, all teens/young adults would abstain until marriage. Realistically, that is not going to happen. I believe we should teach our young ladies to take care of themselves and their bodies. If they are going to have sex, use protection (esp. condoms) to protect from unplanned pregnancy, but especially from diseases which can be fatal. This is what I will teach my son and if I have a daughter, that is what I will teach her.

Just my $19.13...

It says so in Jewish culture, in the culture of almost every other civilization, and in your own mind.

Leviticus 12. Did you read it? That is why I posted it and explained it.

I know because I study both scripture and culture. I know because I studied midwivery as applied in both Genesis and Exodus, which occur before Leviticus.

Even though you are just being ridiculous at this point, try V.3. And, read about midwivery in Genesis and Exodus.

She is returning to WORSHIP. There is no magic here at all. One has not completed worship until he has given an offering. She was excused from congregating in order that she might be cared for and that she might care for her child. Now that she has recovered, she is returning to worship with a suitable offering.

Don't take my word for it, ask any mature woman in your own family about how self-conscious she is/was about public appearances during the time of her menstrual cycle. Ask her to describe it to you. Then ask a mother how she felt after given birth when the rush of excess blood is still seeping from her vaginally. Ask her to describe how it feels, particularly in the context of having to entertain guests. Then, ask someone one who has had sexual intercourse with another but was unable to wash themselves or their environment before guests arrived. Each of these conditions is referred to in scripture as unclean. Why? Because they would surely be a distraction in public and particularly in worship.

You are a guy who tends to logic. This cannot be that hard to follow.

dacontinent, all this info is well and good, but you still didn't post the verses talking about what happens to these women.

Why isn't this being practiced today in our society if it's so healthy and warranted?

In short, these rituals are worthless and mean nothing. If it did, then true bible-believing men would demand that the women follow such rituals. No one that I know of follows such nonsense.

The main point is that no matter what cycle the woman is experiencing, there's no need for the woman to be sent out of the camp.

For the record, the last it was good reference in Creation is Gen 1:25. Mankind is first mentioned in Creation in Gen 1:26. Interesting?! Methinks. Ne'ertheless, at least everything else was good. Even (Especially?) if we assume God felt the Creation of man was good, something happened to change that (Gen 3). There were penalties handed out (Gen 3:16-19) including multiplied conception. Interesting?! Methinks.

I just came in from spreading fertilizer and pesticide. I am unclean. I need to bathe thoroughly before handling food, playing with my new grandson, having sex with my wife, or just going out to meet people in public. I am not a nasty (character) person; I just need to practice hygiene.

Quit running, Bruh. Come on to Jesus.

In the Old Testament, what was it that changed from Adam up until Moses to cause women to be deemed unclean after giving birth? And I'm not referring to the incident of having pain in child-bearing. I'm referring to the uncleanness part. What suddenly caused women's birth to become unclean if everything god had made was "good"?

In the Old Testament, what was it that changed from Adam up until Moses to cause women to be deemed unclean after giving birth? And I'm not referring to the incident of having pain in child-bearing. I'm referring to the uncleanness part. What suddenly caused women's birth to become unclean if everything god had made was "good"?
Absolutely nothing changed...except that God adopted a people to Himself and gave them some of His wisdom to live by. Not only did God tell things specific to their worship of Him, but he gave them practical wisdom that would distinguish them from other peoples and allow them to enjoy life more. I have already posted a few of those things.

dacontinent, all this info is well and good, but you still didn't post the verses talking about what happens to these women...
No. I did not post them nor any quotes from research on Jewish culture. Posting scripture appears not to matter to you. In dealing with you on these matters, I have decided to point you in the right direction and leave you to your own research. That will identify whether you really want to know something or just want to contend about the matter.

...Why isn't this being practiced today in our society if it's so healthy and warranted?

In short, these rituals are worthless and mean nothing. If it did, then true bible-believing men would demand that the women follow such rituals. No one that I know of follows such nonsense....

You err again. It is still very much in practice among Jews today as part of orthodoxy. It is also part of the credo of Anabaptists the world over. Many Pentecostal, Primitive Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Messianic groups also follow these practices.

The other side of that is that medical science is far more advanced today. The method that he gave them was effective for the technology available at the time.

...The main point is that no matter what cycle the woman is experiencing, there's no need for the woman to be sent out of the camp.
You are correct...and that is why it was not done. Your reference is skewed on the matter. You seem to be stuck on the treatment of leprosy (Lev 17 & Num 5). Lepers of both genders were sent out of the camp because of the CONTAGIOUS nature of their uncleanness. Not even prostitutes were sent out of the camp in their uncleanness.

Read Mark 5:25-34 and get back to me. Come on back to Jesus, Bruh.

Jay

If you just take a moment and study the bible, that's what it's talking about being unclean - you are sexually, morally or ceremonial unclean. True or false, when a woman is on her monthly cycle is she unclean, if you touch a dead animal is the animal unclean or not. Is it healthy to have sex with a female while she is on her cycle?

Most of this is health related and the use of the word unclean is not bad or degrades the individual.

Quit dodging the question. Did your wife leave home for 14 days and was quarantined like it was taught in the Old Testament? If she wasn't, then you're a hypocrite on here trying to explain and defend something that you nor your wife didn't bother taking part in yourself.
The only reason you're defending this nonsense is because it's in the bible. If it was in the Koran or another religious book, more than likely you wouldn't give it a second thought.

Now again.....was your wife quarantined outside of your home for 14 days away from everybody as commanded by the Old Testament god? Yes or no.

No. I did not post them nor any quotes from research on Jewish culture. Posting scripture appears not to matter to you. In dealing with you on these matters, I have decided to point you in the right direction and leave you to your own research. That will identify whether you really want to know something or just want to contend about the matter.

You err again. It is still very much in practice among Jews today as part of orthodoxy. It is also part of the credo of Anabaptists the world over. Many Pentecostal, Primitive Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Messianic groups also follow these practices.

The other side of that is that medical science is far more advanced today. The method that he gave them was effective for the technology available at the time.

You are correct...and that is why it was not done. Your reference is skewed on the matter. You seem to be stuck on the treatment of leprosy (Lev 17 & Num 5). Lepers of both genders were sent out of the camp because of the CONTAGIOUS nature of their uncleanness. Not even prostitutes were sent out of the camp in their uncleanness.

Read Mark 5:25-34 and get back to me. Come on back to Jesus, Bruh.

I believe you when you say primitive "such and such" still follow such nonsense. Most Americans don't follow such primitive commands, only religious folks.

If this ritual is supposed to be so effective, why didn't you and your wife follow such commands? Please enlighten me.
How can you honestly defend and explain the importance of following such a ritual that you didn't bother to follow? Not saying you're a hypocrite, but it seems hypocritical.

I believe you when you say primitive "such and such" still follow such nonsense. Most Americans don't follow such primitive commands, only religious folks.

If this ritual is supposed to be so effective, why didn't you and your wife follow such commands? Please enlighten me.
How can you honestly defend and explain the importance of following such a ritual that you didn't bother to follow? Not saying you're a hypocrite, but it seems hypocritical.
We did and we do. I told you that earlier. I even told you how most employers today make the same allowances.

Go on and admit that you are not reading my posts.

Come on to Jesus, Bruh.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We did and we do. I told you that earlier. I even told you how most employers today make the same allowances.

Go on and admit that you are not reading my posts.

Come on to Jesus, Bruh.

Oh, so six weeks is synomous with 14 days. Dacontinent, I can almost guarantee that this insignificant ritual had nothing to do with your wife taking off six weeks. It seems that you're incorporating these 14 days into the six weeks simply because you don't want to contradict an Old Testament ritual.

In the following verses, it clearly states that the woman is PHYSICALLY unclean, and she was NOT to touch anything holy. If she wasn't physically unclean, why did she have to leave the camp?
The camp of Israel was considered holy, so if she wasn't unclean, why did she have to leave the camp? It's because she was considered filthy.

Lev 12
12:1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.

5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.

In addition to the above, why didn't the OT god just simply explain to the Israelites about germs? Why not explain to his followers the reasons for these things instead of mutilating newborn babies through circumcision?
All of the deception wasn't necessary and I'll tell you why.
It's because the OT writers and plagiarists had no knowledge about germ theory and blood, PROVING that no god inspired the Old Testament.

And another point I forgot to mention dacontinent. You stated that your wife observed the 14 days by staying at home? Well if that's the case, you should've washed and cleaned EVERYTHING she touched in your home IF you were to follow the entire law. Why? Because in the following verses, it clearly states that ANYTHING the woman touched (while she's unclean), is to be deemed unclean.

Leviticus 15:17-33.....And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even. The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the even. And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the beds whereon he lieth shall be unclean... This is the law of him that hath an issue, and of him whose seed goeth from him, and is defiled therewith; and of her that is sick of her flowers, and of him that hath an issue, of the man, and of the woman, and of him that lie with her that is unclean.."

Now do you see how foolish and idiotic such a law is? Just because a woman is on her cycle, doesn't mean that everything she touches is filthy and needed to be cleaned. If that's the case, I see why the woman had to leave the camp.
Her newborn child, more than likely, wouldn't be allowed to be with her either, cause they deemed everything she touched to be uncleaned. Why would they allow a newborn baby to be with her if everything she touched would've been contaminated?

Again, this is a law created by primitive man, trying to explain something that he knew nothing about.
Thank goodness for modern science or women would still be considered unclean during their menstrual cycle. After getting past their cycle they'd have to clean EVERYTHING they touched. They would need the full six weeks just to finish cleaning.:emlaugh:

Last edited:
Oh, so six weeks is synomous with 14 days. Dacontinent, I can almost guarantee that this insignificant ritual had nothing to do with your wife taking off six weeks. It seems that you're incorporating these 14 days into the six weeks simply because you don't want to contradict an Old Testament ritual.

In the following verses, it clearly states that the woman is PHYSICALLY unclean, and she was NOT to touch anything holy. If she wasn't physically unclean, why did she have to leave the camp?
The camp of Israel was considered holy, so if she wasn't unclean, why did she have to leave the camp? It's because she was considered filthy.

Lev 12
12:1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean.

3 And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

4 And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days; she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purifying be fulfilled.

5 But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days.

In addition to the above, why didn't the OT god just simply explain to the Israelites about germs? Why not explain to his followers the reasons for these things instead of mutilating newborn babies through circumcision?
All of the deception wasn't necessary and I'll tell you why.
It's because the OT writers and plagiarists had no knowledge about germ theory and blood, PROVING that no god inspired the Old Testament.
Where is there anything here (or anywhere else) about a woman of Israel being put out of the camp for giving birth?

Six weeks is not synonymous with 14 days. Rather, it is a week longer than the minimum given for women who have extensive medical issues after childbirth as given in Lev 12.

Why is circumcision still encouraged by pediatricians today if it is mutilation?

As for God explaining to the Israelites about germs, he gave them the information that they needed to understand: unclean. Please remember that the scriptures ARE NOT dictation as would be captured by a stenographer. You, with much more advanced scientific werewithal, seem to have much more difficulty accepting that as the right choice.

Come on to Jesus, Bruh.

JayR

No my wife did not leave home for 14 days.

After a woman have a baby, how long does it take before she is healed from child birth. Would you have sex with your wife the next day after giving birth or would you have sex with your wife during her monthly cycle -

The scriptures alos talk about touching dead animals or people. If they do they are considered to be unclean for a period of days. Consider, back in those days they did not have rubber gloves to handle the dead or any type of chemicals to kill bacteria. If you have been to a car accident, the EMS uses gloves, mask and other items to prevent becoming infected with the bacteria form the blood.

If you do just a little research, you will find that's what the scriptures are making refrence to.

JayR

After a woman have a baby, how long does it take before she is healed from child birth. Would you have sex with your wife the next day after giving birth or would you have sex with your wife during her monthly cycle -

The scriptures alos talk about touching dead animals or people. If they do they are considered to be unclean for a period of days. Consider, back in those days they did not have rubber gloves to handle the dead or any type of chemicals to kill bacteria. If you have been to a car accident, the EMS uses gloves, mask and other items to prevent becoming infected with the bacteria form the blood.

If you do just a little research, you will find that's what the scriptures are making refrence to.

Dr. H,

You and I are starting to repeat ourselves in this thread. That is not a good sign.

JayR

Dude, they knew nothing about germs and bacteria and that OT god failed to reveal it to them. Why? Because he didn't know either.:emlaugh:
This is not that difficult to discern. They had diseases and health issues just like we do today, but for some reason, their "loving" god didn't bother to inform them about bacteria and viruses.

Dr. H,

You and I are starting to repeat ourselves in this thread. That is not a good sign.

You're repeating yourselves because the answers you're giving don't even come close to addressing the matter of the woman being sent from the camp and quarantined for 14 days, without her baby with her. Neither one of you could show that the baby was WITH her during those 14 days.

You failed to address the fact that the law commanded everything the woman touched TO BE WASHED, after giving childbirth for those first 14 days.

You failed to address the issue that you didn't bother to clean everything your wife touched as was commanded.

You guys are picking and choosing which part of the law you want to follow, while leaving the other parts undone. I'm not surprised though. It's hard to put a square peg in a round hole, no matter how hard you try.

You're repeating yourselves because the answers you're giving don't even come close to addressing the matter of the woman being sent from the camp and quarantined for 14 days, without her baby with her. Neither one of you could show that the baby was WITH her during those 14 days.

You failed to address the fact that the law commanded everything the woman touched TO BE WASHED, after giving childbirth for those first 14 days.

You failed to address the issue that you didn't bother to clean everything your wife touched as was commanded.

You guys are picking and choosing which part of the law you want to follow, while leaving the other parts undone. I'm not surprised though. It's hard to put a square peg in a round hole, no matter how hard you try.

Let's get them addressed.
  1. No where in the scriptures does is say that a woman is sent outside the camp because she has given birth.
  2. There is no need to show the obvious in the scriptures that the new mother's place is to nurse and care for her child. All mammals do that. That is as plain as the nose on your face.
  3. The law does command that everything the new mother touched was to be washed. I really don't understand why that is a problem.
  4. I cleaned everything that my wife touched for the first 21 days. I went more than the 14. Yes, I do mean EVERYTHING. It had nothing to do with the law. It had everything to do with serving her needs.

Now that we have taken care of that, it is your turn.
  1. Where did you get the notion that God instructed that these new mothers were told to be separate from their children at all during the "time of purification" after giving birth?
  2. I am going to guess that your parents gave you instructions to follow without first giving you the scientific facts and complete rationale behind them. Why was that?
  3. If they did not present such detailed explanations to you, how did you manage to survive in potentially dangerous situations?
  4. Getting back to the subject of this thread, if our young girls and guys managed to execute abstinence before marriage, how many unwed pregancies would they be a part of?
Please address those 4 items ... then come on back to Jesus, Bruh.

dacontinent says:

[*]No where in the scriptures does is say that a woman is sent outside the camp because she has given birth.

The woman is sent out of the camp immediately after having given birth, because she was deemed unclean. You know exactly what I'm talking about, semantics or no semantics. She was still commanded to leave the camp. Your wife didn't leave home. According to the bible, you were supposed to be isolating her, but instead, you brought her home, thus contaminating and threatening the life of a newborn according to the bible with germs and bacteria.

[*]There is no need to show the obvious in the scriptures that the new mother's place is to nurse and care for her child. All mammals do that. That is as plain as the nose on your face.

How come it's not? You want to just read into it what you believe is true? I won't give you the benefit of the doubt, cause the bible said nothing of the kind, but you did.

[*]The law does command that everything the new mother touched was to be washed. I really don't understand why that is a problem.

Your wife didn't follow it and neither did you, so how can you honestly defend it when you didn't follow it by putting her out of your home as commanded?

[*]I cleaned everything that my wife touched for the first 21 days. I went more than the 14. Yes, I do mean EVERYTHING. It had nothing to do with the law. It had everything to do with serving her needs.
[/LIST]

And for what reason did you have to clean everything she touched? I would find it hard to believe that you go around the house cleaning everything after you touch, but I'm sure you'll tell me you do such things.

Now that we have taken care of that, it is your turn.
  1. Where did you get the notion that God instructed that these new mothers were told to be separate from their children at all during the "time of purification" after giving birth?

Since you want to "read stuff that's not there", so can I. It said that the woman was unclean. You've already acknowledged this FACT because you claimed that you cleaned the items touched by your wife. If you had to clean behind your wife, why put a newborn baby, with no immune system, in danger of being contaminated? It's quite contradictory.

2. I am going to guess that your parents gave you instructions to follow without first giving you the scientific facts and complete rationale behind them. Why was that?

Has nothing to do with this conversation.

3. If they did not present such detailed explanations to you, how did you manage to survive in potentially dangerous situations?

Because what the Old Testament commanded was totally unnecessary, as modern science has shown. There's no need to isolate women. Some women who've given birth went back to work within a couple of days with no problems.

4. Getting back to the subject of this thread, if our young girls and guys managed to execute abstinence before marriage, how many unwed pregancies would they be a part of?

Because it's unrealistic to assume that they'll remain abstinent in this day and age. If they were taught to use condoms/protection, there'd be fewer pregnancies and fewer diseases to begin with.

Next.....

Last edited:
dacontinent says:

• No where in the scriptures does is say that a woman is sent outside the camp because she has given birth.

The woman is sent out of the camp immediately after having given birth, because she was deemed unclean. You know exactly what I'm talking about, semantics or no semantics. She was still commanded to leave the camp. Your wife didn't leave home. According to the bible, you were supposed to be isolating her, but instead, you brought her home, thus contaminating and threatening the life of a newborn according to the bible with germs and bacteria.
One more time...WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY THAT NEW MOTHERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PUT OUT OF THE CAMP? One simple reference will be more than enough.

dacontinent says:...
  • There is no need to show the obvious in the scriptures that the new mother's place is to nurse and care for her child. All mammals do that. That is as plain as the nose on your face.

How come it's not? You want to just read into it what you believe is true? I won't give you the benefit of the doubt, cause the bible said nothing of the kind, but you did. ...

So, let me not read into this. Can you point me to a reference that says for a mother NOT TO NURSE her child? Any one will do.

• The law does command that everything the new mother touched was to be washed. I really don't understand why that is a problem.

Your wife didn't follow it and neither did you, so how can you honestly defend it when you didn't follow it by putting her out of your home as commanded? ...

If she has been put out of the camp, then why would what she touched need to be washed? With the scripture reference to lepers being put out of the camp for being unclean, the articles they touched were to be burned. The reason for the elements of a new mother being washed was that she was right at home. Of course, in those days mothers gave birth at home anyway. Some still do.

• I cleaned everything that my wife touched for the first 21 days. I went more than the 14. Yes, I do mean EVERYTHING. It had nothing to do with the law. It had everything to do with serving her needs.

And for what reason did you have to clean everything she touched? I would find it hard to believe that you go around the house cleaning everything after you touch, but I'm sure you'll tell me you do such things.

The reason that I cleaned everything that she touched was that it was dirty and I did not want her to have to do anything other than to take care of our child. You see, I love her. We clean a lot. It is important to us. We are very hospitable and have guests on a daily basis. We are not as good as a professional service, but you will rarely find things not clean or in disarray.

From your comments in this thread, I am only guessing that you are single. I trust that the environment that you live in is kept clean and attractive.

Since you want to "read stuff that's not there", so can I. It said that the woman was unclean. You've already acknowledged this FACT because you claimed that you cleaned the items touched by your wife. If you had to clean behind your wife, why put a newborn baby, with no immune system, in danger of being contaminated? It's quite contradictory.

So...you made it up despite the things that are scientifically evident and naturally observed. What has medical science proven is the most important factor in building a baby's immune system? Mother's milk! Unclean for public interaction and unclean for private care are quite different but not contradictory.

Has nothing to do with this conversation.
O but it does have to do with this conversation. You contend that God should have told them about germs. My point is simply that telling them that things were hygienically unclean was no different to them. They had no microscopes yet to examine the cultures, so germs would just be an element within the realm of cleanliness that they would not have been able to identify.
My parents did not have to explain to me the perils of 2nd & 3rd degree burns when I started washing dishes at age 4. They simply told me not to touch the stove and not to play with matches.

Because what the Old Testament commanded was totally unnecessary, as modern science has shown. There's no need to isolate women. Some women who've given birth went back to work within a couple of days with no problems.
Since you did not attempt to answer the question, I will respond to what you did say.

What modern science has shown is that with the advancement of medicine and technology we are able to control the environment and recovery better. Some women who have given birth have gone back to in a couple of days with no problem since women started giving birth. However, it is far from the norm even today with all of our modern advances. Modern science has also shown us that the biblical method is still most suitable in cultures where advanced medicine and technology are not available. Furthermore, the finding of the La Leche League (www.llli.org) that this method still produces faster recovery times for the mother and better health for both mother and child than the best results available through modern medical advancement.

4. Getting back to the subject of this thread, if our young girls and guys managed to execute abstinence before marriage, how many unwed pregancies would they be a part of?[/LIST]

Because it's unrealistic to assume that they'll remain abstinent in this day and age. If they were taught to use condoms/protection, there'd be fewer pregnancies and fewer diseases to begin with.

You are evading the question. I will rephrase it. How many unwed pregnancies are produced through the practice of abstinence? With all of the information that is given to our youngsters on STD's, low birth rates, the cost of medical procedures (the highest costs being in natal care), the general state of the economy, the costs of childcare, etc., is it your postion that they have less MENTAL CAPACITY to make the decision to be abstinent than their ancestors?

Come on back to Jesus, Bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back