WHO DAT NATION UPDATES

New Orleans Saints
Rumors swirling that Brees could be headed to Tampa for top pick

In one of the craziest days in the NFL of recent memory, things may not be done yet. The Saints have already traded one of their biggest stars, sending Jimmy Graham to Seattle, now they may send Drew Brees out of town as well.

Things first started swirling immediately after the Graham trade. Armed with a pair of first round picks and apparently in rebuilding mode, the speculation was unavoidable.

http://neworleans.suntimes.com/new-orleans-saints/7/126/116312/saints-trade-brees-jameis

Man this is the same rag that guaranteed the Dez Bryant video was definitely coming out "today or tomorrow". Please don't spread their lies.

Having two players in the Top 5 in the league don't win Superbowls. Drew and Graham got greedy and neither were able to produce what they were worth last season. I'm sure the Saints would rather have 20 to 25 players at least in the Top 10 in their position.

Without Brees, Saints fans are going back to wearing paper bags over their heads every home game.

You don't win Super Bowls or have a shot to win Super Bowls without an elite QB.

I have been saying it for years. We need to find Drew Brees' replacement. We need a player with the mindset of Aaron Rogers who is willing to sit back and learn from Brees. I think if we get our offensive line together with pretty descent defense we can do some things.

Without Brees, Saints fans are going back to wearing paper bags over their heads every home game.

You don't win Super Bowls or have a shot to win Super Bowls without an elite QB.

You know you just proved my point right?
I proved your point to be inaccurate. I just named two QB's that were not elite that have either won or led his team to a SB.

I proved your point to be inaccurate. I just named two QB's that were not elite that have either won or led his team to a SB.

You naming those QBs doesn't disprove the overwhelming evidence that teams need and elite QB to have championships aspirations.

Brad Johnson,Trent Dilfer or any other bum that won or played in SB means nothing.

They were one-year wonders. And they weren't the reason those teams won either.

They played on teams that boasted historically great defenses to begin with.

Those QBs were never viewed as guys who you could win SBs with year in and year out like Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Roethelisberger.

That's like saying because the 2004 Pistons or the 2011 Mavs won the NBA title, teams don't need rosters featuring star players to win titles.

Like I said, the exceptions only prove the rule.

You naming those QBs doesn't disprove the overwhelming evidence that teams need and elite QB to have championships aspirations.

Brad Johnson,Trent Dilfer or any other bum that won or played in SB means nothing.

They were one-year wonders. Those And they weren't the reason those teams won either.

They played on teams that boasted historically great defenses to begin with.

Those QBs were never viewed as guys who you could win SBs with year in and year out like Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Roethelisberger.

Like I said, the exceptions only prove the rule.
You have already been proven wrong by saying that an elite QB is NEEDED to get to the SB. Now you want to make an excuse to say the QBs that were not elite were one-year wonders. Dude stop contradicting yourself so much and realize that it takes more than an "elite" QB to get to the SB.

Peyton Manning only has one Super Bowl and he's an elite quarterback. It took John Elway like a gazillion years to get one Super Bowl, and that didn't happen until he finally got a back field to run the ball.

Peyton Manning only has one Super Bowl and he's an elite quarterback. It took John Elway like a gazillion years to get one Super Bowl, and that didn't happen until he finally got a back field to run the ball.
Sir, stop presenting these facts. I bet you are going to mention how Dan Marino was an elite QB but only made it to the SB once and threw 1 td, 2ints and only led the offense to score 16 pts in that one performance.

I have been saying it for years. We need to find Drew Brees' replacement. We need a player with the mindset of Aaron Rogers who is willing to sit back and learn from Brees. I think if we get our offensive line together with pretty descent defense we can do some things.
Well Flounder, it's hard to learn from Brees if he's traded to another team.

Brees is not going anywhere but word is we're in the mix for CJ Spiller. That'll give us a Bush/Sproles type of weapon for Brees.

Sir, stop presenting these facts. I bet you are going to mention how Dan Marino was an elite QB but only made it to the SB once and threw 1 td, 2ints and only led the offense to score 16 pts in that one performance.

And those teams were yearly contenders for the SB because of who they had at QB, too.

Those QBs played in a combined eight SBs and 11 AFC Championship Games.

As long as Brees is the QB in New Orleans the Saints will always be contenders for a championship as opposed to an average replacement QB.

And those teams were yearly contenders for the SB because of who they had at QB, too.

Those QBs played in a combined eight SBs and 11 AFC Championship Games.

As long as Brees is the QB in New Orleans the Saints will always be contenders for a championship as opposed to an average replacement QB.
Dude, your statement was foolish about a team needing an elite QB to make it to the SB. Just let it go...

Back