Thursday Night Lights: Third Coast Tigers vs. Jaguar Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the comments on this thread are a trip.

We want to be treated like we are big time. We as fans need to act big time. The true fans will be there.

Of course the J-Nation is concerned about the date of this game and rightly so. Some may dismiss this as just another football game and question our loyalty, but to the Nation it?s an event, another opportunity to visit family/friends and finally meet at Mumford-Southwest. I know of several families who have recently purchased motorhomes in anticipation of the upcoming season. On the positive, I'm expect this game to draw from both the PVU/TSU fan-base and I?m confident the Nation will represent as usual.
Folks we love our Jaguars.
We don?t plan which games to attend, we plan to attend all the games. :teleport:

Have a Blessed Day.....

Some of the comments on this thread are a trip.

We want to be treated like we are big time. We as fans need to act big time. The true fans will be there.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I strongly agree with the aboved statement. A SWAC school live on TV as opposed to being taped delayed is a step in the right direction. High School players throughout will be able to see our schools on tv, and this is a great recruiting tool.

The SEC play games on Thursdays as well as the other Big Time Programs.
It proves to me that the SWAC is on the way up. We are about to gain the most exposure that the SWAC has ever been involved, but because it does not fit into some of your schedules, you think it is a bad idea.

The teams with the most dedicated fans will be in attendance. Maybe we will find out which school truly has the most dedicated fans. The SWAC Train 2005 is on the move, either get on the train or stand on the tracks, but remember, the SWAC Train 2005 is moving.

JSTUS said:
:nod: EXACTLY. Count me in. I'll head to Houston on Wednesday. Be at that game on Thursday. Rest up for a Friday night high school game. Then, travel to Montgomery early Saturday morning for the Gram game. What's next? What's new? It's FOOTBALL season. :rolly: :jump:

I was thinking the same thing... although I might not want to do that much traveling a lot of fans would. Even if not, it's a chance for a long weekend that can include a Thursday night game, and Friday/Saturday visit with my daughter in Houston...plus hang out with some frat for one night.

I like it... I would enjoy a Grambling Thursday night home game. I actually think it would draw well because some ULM and LaTech students and fans would probably attend. With the Grambling fans that would like to experience a TV game it could do well.

I hope SU and TxSU put on a helluva game with good attendance...this one is big for our Conference growth and exposure.

MikeBigg said:
I was thinking the same thing... although I might not want to do that much traveling a lot of fans would. Even if not, it's a chance for a long weekend that can include a Thursday night game, and Friday/Saturday visit with my daughter in Houston...plus hang out with some frat for one night.

But MB,

You live in Baton Rouge right? What about all the janitors, trash men, milk men, paper route delivery drivers, coal minors that plan their entire year around coming to the big city that SUjagtillIDIE said makes up the JAGUAR NATION? They won't be able to make it.

the fate of this game will be determined by the records......TV has nothing to do with it because ESPN U is only televised on Direct TV...

as for the SEC..most of their games have a solid home base so you'll never see many visiting fans anyway..but have you noticed certain schools seem to never play on Thursdays...LSU has proven to support the program but I have yet to see them play a Thursday night game....

but check this out also....TSU plays GSU on the 29th on Oct. but then will have to backdoor and play SU on only 2 days of practice (Sundays are off and day before a game is no contact)....is it really worth it?

I really don't see where some of these complaints are coming from. Some of y'all need to stop making excuses. About half of y'all on here probably take off work on Friday to leave and go out of town for your schools' game, and then turn around after your fun-filled weekend and call in to work Monday on sick leave. :rolleyes:

Just look at this as an extended weekend. It's not like you're going to be playing every Thursday. This is probably the only time you will play on Thursday the whole year. Quit complaining. You have over 4 months to notify your job of requested days off. If you're traveling out of town and all, work 1/2 a day Wednesday and leave for Houston that same day. Tailgate and enjoy the game Thursday, take the Mrs. out shopping or visit friends and family on Friday, and do whatever else you want to do on Saturday and Sunday. Hey, maybe you won't miss church this time or have to be in a rush back home so quick. :idea:

the band fan said:
but check this out also....TSU plays GSU on the 29th on Oct. but then will have to backdoor and play SU on only 2 days of practice (Sundays are off and day before a game is no contact)....is it really worth it?
Ask Louisville...

Bandmaniac said:
who does PV play that weekend? and are they at home or away?

I don't know. Why don't you start a thread and ask them or go to their website and find out because this thread absolutely has nothing to do with them.

:wavey:

THAT was kinda rude ... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo ... if the moons fell out of alignment, or someone with a crystal meth problem made up a TV schedule, and UAPB was playing on television, they could be playing in Ass Backwards, Arizona on a Tuesday afternoon, and I'd be there to support my school and the football program (such as it is).

C-LeB28 said:
I don't know. Why don't you start a thread and ask them or go to their website and find out because this thread absolutely has nothing to do with them.

I think that he was implying that some PV fans may attend the game. Further, if they play on Saturday at home, it may be a chance for some to see their game.

nope, we play Pine Bluff that weekend in Arkansas...

most of our games will never have real football fans......I've been to every stadium in the SWAC and your bigger crowds will only come out for the rivalry games or the classic games.

TSU ain't Louisville also....they have 100+ players and 85 'ships....

I wish gram had a thursday night game. I would call in so quick with my best sick voice. I could go to another hbcu game that weekend. Folks have to realize this game is very big for us.

Saying espnu is only on directv is like saying tnt is only on cable. Everybody has directv. I work at mcdonalds and i even have directv. So imagine who else has directv. Alot of folks have directv. I think our fans our too caught up with who is at the game than just showing up to support their team.

C-LeB28 said:

actually if i am in town that weekend it does have something to do with them and their game! just because your rude little school is playing on a Thursday don't get your pannies in a bunch kid! :slap:

C-LeB28 said:
I don't know.

any why don't you get more than 200 people to attend your home football games with and stop letting valley out do you in attendance..and stop using that you the you are in a big city theory! tell Prissy Slade to sell yall to hawii that way all SWAC schools would have a reason to visit other than kick yall azz!

the band fan said:
the fate of this game will be determined by the records......TV has nothing to do with it because ESPN U is only televised on Direct TV...

Sports Bars are very popular these days. Even still, there are a few months before the season starts. Cable companies could pick it up before then.

The Band Fan,

Can you consider stop being so negative about everything all the time? Many people lose what is relevant in your message because of that.

Note:
It should be noted that ESPN has been simulcasting their College Baseball games of the week on ESPN2. I imagine if ESPN has not negotiated a deal with cable providers they will do the same thing for their College Football games of the week.

C-LeB28 said:

well I hope you don't have anything to do with the marketing of this game with that attitude.

Bandmaniac said:
actually if i am in town that weekend it does have something to do with them and their game! just because your rude little school is playing on a Thursday don't get your pannies in a bunch kid! :slap:

WHAAAAAAAT?!

~Lil John

C-LeB28 said:
Only to my alumni. :nod2:

yeah the 3 or 4 that show up to what they call an alumni gathering! shoot think god for all other swac alumni that live in houston and attend your games and not to mention the TSU High School Student Football Ticket giveaway promos yall have...even 97.9 stutters when TSU Football is mentioned! :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

I'll say that it appears to me some very valid points are bieng made..... I think that the Thursday night game is not a good idea..... One reason is because TSU does not and will probably not ever have a fna base....... I personally feel that they should move that game back to a saturday night so that it would DRAW a Bigger crowd from the people that will be coming for the weekend........ who want to see SU play TSU on a thursday night seriously????????? I am not trying to BASH TSu but this is not going to be a pretty picture..... No matter how much they advertise those people willnot come out.... Hell someone made mention of the Labor Day Classic which should be really called HIGH SCHOOL DAY CLASSIC!!!! If it were not for the young students atteding it would be so interesting to see what attendance would be like........ I am afraid to go to that game NOW and we use to go al lthe time..... Hell I use to come and go from Grambling when we were nt playing that first game at home........ I think many of us are not going to agree with this........ Personally I wish that this coould be reversed..... SU you are going to have to show up in big numbers and I guess take off from work to go and attend the game......... This is just messed up for the people of BR because they may have to take off for a game that everyone knows WHO WILL WIN!!!!!!

But hopefully this game will be moved to Robertson stadium so it won't look so empty........

that's the key....the folks who say they are coming to the game on this board no matter what total about 5 or 6..maybe 10 at the most....what about the rest of the folks who don't post?

by playing in reliant, your backs are already against the wall so I better see some dollar tickets (literally) and some incentives to get the average joe out of their house on a Thursday night.

before TSU makes a bold move, hope they consider the average of the SU-TSU game in the past and hope they have a solid back-up plan to accomodate a potential loss...

and Jag..ESPNU is only available on those sports tier package.....if you don't buy that in addition to cable, you won't see it...

the Labor Day Classic will never falter in attendance if it's played on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday....fans actually get up for that game and it should have better preseason hype now due to PV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back