Thursday Night Lights: Third Coast Tigers vs. Jaguar Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
:kaioken: :redhot:
This is f**** up. Going to houston for the weekend is always a big thing for football season. Anyone talking that "Just take 2 days off of work isht" is not realistic. I probably can't.

First, why in the hell would ESPNU want to even televise that given as sorry as TSU was last year. Why would the SWAC even want that isht on TV. And finnally is it worth risking that big gate for ESPNU. How many people are gonna even watch that isht. It's not like it's on ESPN or TNT.

All I got to say is :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

We (SWAC) want to play with the biy boys right? This is what the big boys do. The fans that can make to the game need to go. Even if you are not a fan of either school playing. If we want our true spotlight we as fans must go to the game if we can. If you can't make it tell someone else about who can go but might not know about it. We have to lift our conference to the next level other than a bunch of fairweather fans who are better dressed for the club than the football game. If gram was playing a thursday night game here i would check my points at work at call in and make that game or even on the road. If i could make a road game like in lorman or jackosn on a thursday i am goin to try to make it. We all need to go to our perspective games if we can make them. We have to get out of this "they playin who ?" mess. Just bring yo azz to the game wear your school colors and scream yo azz off. ESPNU is just testing to see the response from us. I am beggin anyone in houston or br or anyone who can make the game to make it. I know we are 1aa but we are supposed to be the main attraction in 1aa, to see a good crowd at that game would continue to lift our conference higher and higher !!!!!!!!!!! If i could make it, i would to try to make it. If i have my stuff together i will try to make it.

WE HAVE TO SUPPORT US CAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL!!!!

WE HAVE TO BE WILLING TO GO TO OUR GAMES NO MATTER THE WEATHER OR OPPONENT!!!

IF WE WANT TO ROLL LIKE THE BIG BOYS WE HAVE TO BE COMMITTED TO THE HBCU PRODUCT!!!!!!

The Houston games are definitely a fun trip for The Nation. I wish we could swap that game and play the Valley game instead on T.V. :lol:

Lewis said:
This is f**** up. Going to houston for the weekend is always a big thing for football season. Anyone talking that "Just take 2 days off of work isht" is not realistic. I probably can't.

First, why in the hell would ESPNU want to even televise that given as sorry as TSU was last year. Why would the SWAC even want that isht on TV. And finnally is it worth risking that big gate for ESPNU. How many people are gonna even watch that isht. It's not like it's on ESPN or TNT.

All I got to say is :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
Thank You. The rest of yall are being blinded by fools gold. ESPNU isn't carried in Louisiana. :tdown: The Swac might not lead the nation this season with all of these Thursday night games.

Lewis said:
Anyone talking that "Just take 2 days off of work isht" is not realistic. I probably can't.

:bawling:

I was the one that said it. How is that not realistic? Just because it's not feasible for you doesn't mean no one else can't do it. Fans at PWC's do it and do it religously by coming into town on Wednesday night or Thursday morning night in their RVs or cars. We always demand we can be like them when it comes to loyalty for our teams and programs so what's the damn problem now? You can't take a two day vacation, leave Baton Rouge on Thursday morning and head down I-10? Our white counterparts do it week in and week out. Where in the hell does the Jaguar Nation work? In a salt mine? You don't build up vacation time? Comp time? Hell, 90% of y'all graduates move to Houston anyway after you graduate so don't act like it's too expensive to stay at a hotel when you got 95 cousins living here already.

Here's the end of my point:

IF YOU CAN MAKE IT FINE; IF YOU CAN'T THEN STFU AND CHEER FROM AFAR.

BLACK FOLKS KILL ME. HELL, THEY ARE KILLING ALL OF US!!

JROCK said:
The Houston games are definitely a fun trip for The Nation.

Y'all got enough alumni/ex-students living in Houston already that can make up for the Baton Rouge ones who can't make it.

C-LeB28 said:
:Where in the hell does the Jaguar Nation work? In a salt mine?
You joking but some of them probably do. Thats what seperates SU from other schools. The Jaguar Nation isn't just SU graduates. Its janitors , cooks , garbage men , laborers, mechanics, plant workers and others that make the nation strong. The thing is SU reached its hand out to the community some time ago and the community has embraced it. :tup:.

STC_60 said:
We (SWAC) want to play with the biy boys right? This is what the big boys do. The fans that can make to the game need to go. Even if you are not a fan of either school playing. If we want our true spotlight we as fans must go to the game if we can. If you can't make it tell someone else about who can go but might not know about it. We have to lift our conference to the next level other than a bunch of fairweather fans who are better dressed for the club than the football game. If gram was playing a thursday night game here i would check my points at work at call in and make that game or even on the road. If i could make a road game like in lorman or jackosn on a thursday i am goin to try to make it. We all need to go to our perspective games if we can make them. We have to get out of this "they playin who ?" mess. Just bring yo azz to the game wear your school colors and scream yo azz off. ESPNU is just testing to see the response from us. I am beggin anyone in houston or br or anyone who can make the game to make it. I know we are 1aa but we are supposed to be the main attraction in 1aa, to see a good crowd at that game would continue to lift our conference higher and higher !!!!!!!!!!! If i could make it, i would to try to make it. If i have my stuff together i will try to make it.

WE HAVE TO SUPPORT US CAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL!!!!

WE HAVE TO BE WILLING TO GO TO OUR GAMES NO MATTER THE WEATHER OR OPPONENT!!!

IF WE WANT TO ROLL LIKE THE BIG BOYS WE HAVE TO BE COMMITTED TO THE HBCU PRODUCT!!!!!!

But STC_60!!!! Lewis and SUjagTILLiDIE can't take a whole two days off work to come. :bawling:

C-LeB28 said:
But STC_60!!!! Lewis and SUjagTILLiDIE can't take a whole two days off work to come. :bawling:
You best believe I will be there work or no work. I haven't missed a game in years.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
The Jaguar Nation isn't just SU graduates. Its janitors , cooks , garbage men , laborers, mechanics, plant workers and others that make the nation strong.

And there you have it. Case closed.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Thank You. The rest of yall are being blinded by fools gold. ESPNU isn't carried in Louisiana. :tdown: The Swac might not lead the nation this season with all of these Thursday night games.

I don't know what makes you think that SUjagTILLiDIE it's on direct TV and if you have direct TV you watch it. As a matter of fact when they first launch the network they actually simulcast it a few of days through espn.

But that's neither here nor there because the real issue is attendance and for those of us that can make the game should make it and not complain about something we've been claiming that if we got the chance we'd show the other d-1aa schools how it's done.

Granted it's TSU and lately they haven't been competitive, but who knows no one thought UAPB would have been as competitive as they were last year or that PV would have been have been undefeated when we met them.

C-LeB28 said:
And there you have it. Case closed.
Im just speaking the truth. From the looks of your home crowds yall need to go recruit some of them DRUNKS and CRACKHEADS on Scott to fill the stands. :hat:

bluedog said:
Granted it's TSU and lately they haven't been competitive,

Our team always gets up for Southern. We usually play y'all very tough throughout the years whether we are having a winning or losing season. I guess you forgot the last time SU was here and a kickoff return for a touchdown won the game in the last few minutes.

C-LeB28 said:
Our team always gets up for Southern. We usually play y'all very tough throughout the years whether we are having a winning or losing season. I guess you forgot the last time SU was here and a kickoff return for a touchdown won the game in the last few minutes.
I was there when TSU's dumb kicker kicked the ball to Lenny Williams. Got poor Bill Thomas fired. EVERY ONE GETS UP FOR SOUTHERN.

bluedog said:
I don't know what makes you think that SUjagTILLiDIE it's on direct TV and if you have direct TV you watch it. As a matter of fact when they first launch the network they actually simulcast it a few of days through espn.I KNOW THEY HAVE BEEN SHOWING ALL THOSE COLLEGE SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL GAMES. I WON'T BE AT HOME TO WATCH THE GAME ANYWAY IM GOING TO BE THERE

But that's neither here nor there because the real issue is attendance and for those of us that can make the game should make it and not complain about something we've been claiming that if we got the chance we'd show the other d-1aa schools how it's done. IM JUST DON'T THINK IT IS RIGHT TO MOVE THIS GAME. IF YOUR AGRUING THAT POINT WE SHOULD MOVE THE BC THAN SINCE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO YOU IS BEING ON TV. LOSE REVENUE JUST TO BE ON TV.

Granted it's TSU and lately they haven't been competitive, but who knows no one thought UAPB would have been as competitive as they were last year or that PV would have been have been undefeated when we met them.
^

but that game was in Robertson in front of 30K and SU was pretty good that season...put that same crowd in Reliant that "wow" factor is gone....

not tripping on Thursday (that means I can make it) but why do we always have to run to Reliant? The grass might look nasty as hell by that time, we sure in hell won't fill it up and it costs $8 just to get in the damn gate....

Off the top of my head, TSU played SU in 1993 in the Astrodome....it drew 30K because that was the first time SU's band was in Houston since 1990 I think....

95 - it went outdoors, sold the place out at Robertson
97 - drew about 25K at Rice. Would've been more but a massive cold front came in and froze the place up
99 - In the dome - out of town
01 - In the dome - boring as hell
03 - Back at Robertson and the atmosphere returned...

how much are yall paying this "marketing" team? Give me $10K less and I give you more...

I thought TSU would've learned with this Toyota Center

C-LeB28 said:

I could see if folks work in a cotton field or like me who work at mcdonald's. I am sure most of the folks on here have jobs with some comp time or sick days. As i said before and others have said, we want to be like pwc's but we don't want to support us like they support themselves. Anybody who can make this game need to try to make it. If i can make it i will try my best to make it. If espnu is not in la it is showing somewhere else in the usa. I want the swac to be shown in a good light. I don't expect teh stadium to be filled but a nice crowd for the tv audience would be great. White folks don't care if the game is on sunday they are there with thier school colors on and ready to cheer. Houston is a big city anyway. Get the SID'S and ad's to hype the game up and give high school kids special ticket rates. This game could be used a great recruiter for the two schools involved. Get some radio promotions going.

GET FOLKS IN HOUSTON BUZZING ABOUT THE ATMOSPHERE OF THIS GAME!!!!

WE KNOW HOW TO PUT ON A SHOW IN TEH SWAC SO LET'S GT THIS SHOW ON THE ROLL!!!!!!!

lets also be honest....if TSU is 0-10 or a record that's deemed below standards ain't much promotion in the world is going to save that...if SU is average like 2001, they won't show in numbers also...

yall don't understand Houston....it's very fairweather and black folks in Houston are a different breed...

I can get more folks to come to Pappadeaux's on 610 after 5 p.m. than a football game.

C-LeB28 said:

That's one game C-LeB, that doesn't make TSU competitive it just puts TSU in the same boat with about 75% of the SWAC schools that all get up for Southern.

The last decade TSU has been below .500 in 60% of their games and over .500 in 40% of their games. That's not being competitive enough to make fans say that this is a must see game..

If these schools coaches could get them worked up for the rest of the conference as much as they get them worked up for Southern the conference GPI would stay in the top ten like it did in the past.

the band fan said:
lets also be honest....if TSU is 0-10 or a record that's deemed below standards ain't much promotion in the world is going to save that...if SU is average like 2001, they won't show in numbers also...

yall don't understand Houston....it's very fairweather and black folks in Houston are a different breed...

I can get more folks to come to Pappadeaux's on 610 after 5 p.m. than a football game.

Why do you think folks are so fairweather in houston. I would think with that many folks in the city somebody would take an interest in hbcu football. Does the paper publicize hbcu's in houston. I know the black newspapers do in houston. I was there in houston for mother's day and saw in the black newspaper alot of stuff on the hbcu's. They had a big write up about our bball camp in grambling. There was a big write up on jerome mathis from hampton. Maybe they can have a hs battle of the bands or somethin to peak folks interest in the game. The swac needs a good showing on tv. Any swac team who palys on tv needs a good showing.

All these people keep talking about attendance and how SU fan won't be able to make it. But have y'all considered the contract. I didn't negotiate it and I haven't seen it. Don't know the terms. But IF (that's a big "if") the conference/schools are making big money (that should offset the loss of fans who can't make it for the game on Thursday), then why cry over who can't be there. The money gets made and you watch the game at home if you don't go. If you don't have it at home, find somewhere to watch it.

This is a business. I just hope we get paid enough to make these switches. And then there's the exposure factor.

And again, TRUE fans get to the game. Simple as that. Y'all got more excuses than a brotha in jail. Y'all got more excuses than a pregnant teenager. Y'all got more excuses than James Bell (y'all should really like that one).:D

STC_60 said:
I could see if folks work in a cotton field or like me who work at mcdonald's. I am sure most of the folks on here have jobs with some comp time or sick days. As i said before and others have said, we want to be like pwc's but we don't want to support us like they support themselves. Anybody who can make this game need to try to make it. If i can make it i will try my best to make it. If espnu is not in la it is showing somewhere else in the usa. I want the swac to be shown in a good light. I don't expect teh stadium to be filled but a nice crowd for the tv audience would be great. White folks don't care if the game is on sunday they are there with thier school colors on and ready to cheer. Houston is a big city anyway. Get the SID'S and ad's to hype the game up and give high school kids special ticket rates. This game could be used a great recruiter for the two schools involved. Get some radio promotions going.

GET FOLKS IN HOUSTON BUZZING ABOUT THE ATMOSPHERE OF THIS GAME!!!!

WE KNOW HOW TO PUT ON A SHOW IN TEH SWAC SO LET'S GT THIS SHOW ON THE ROLL!!!!!!!
The point I was trying to get across. Its not about the folks on this board. Its about your fans. :redhot: I will be at the game rain, sleet or snow. But its not about me. A lot of people look foward to this weekend every year. A lot of them only travel during football season. I just hope this doesn't backfire.

Robber said:
All these people keep talking about attendance and how SU fan won't be able to make it. But have y'all considered the contract. I didn't negotiate it and I haven't seen it. Don't know the terms. But IF (that's a big "if") the conference/schools are making big money (that should offset the loss of fans who can't make it for the game on Thursday),
icon14.gif
then why cry over who can't be there. The money gets made and you watch the game at home if you don't go. If you don't have it at home, find somewhere to watch it.
icon14.gif

This is a business. I just hope we get paid enough to make these switches.
icon14.gif
And then there's the exposure factor.
icon14.gif

And again, TRUE fans get to the game. Simple as that.
icon14.gif
Y
icon14.gif
'all got more excuses than a brotha in jail. Y'all got more excuses than a pregnant teenager. Y'all got more excuses than James Bell (y'all should really like that one).:D:bump: :lmao:

On point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back