The SWAC Office Should Ban SWAC Teams from Scheduling Each Other OOC in the 7-Game Mandate.

Actually not. It's just that on years JSU rolls off SU's schedule, the schools would play. It would be an 8th SWAC opponent but it would not count in the standings.
Well wouldn't it had made more business sense for GSU,Alcorn, SU and JSU AD's to press for a 8 game format? Blacks really can't manage a business might be true.

Well wouldn't it had made more business sense for GSU,Alcorn, SU and JSU AD's to press for a 8 game format? Blacks really can't manage a business might be true.
I think it was reported that some wanted an 8 game format with a permanent rival from the other division but it wasn't viewed as fair to all schools.

The teams would still roll off..

Again, Im not as concerned with us playing each other. You need to hope your AD can find 4 games.. otherwise you gonna be playing YMCA University.

I think it was reported that some wanted an 8 game format with a permanent rival from the other division but it wasn't viewed as fair to all schools.

It's not.. and as far as JSU-SU-GSU-Alcorn go, you are talking about the top 4 teams in the SWAC looking at the last 3-4 SCGs.

So basically most of you would be playing a nine game format again? Amazing! Can black people really run a business? Makes you wonder..........

Basically.....hell GSU folks love this. We get a chance to add two other teams that are not in the SWAC.

If a SWAC school schedules another SWAC school not on it's master schedule, the SWAC should fine both schools at least $50,000 each.
news-n-coffee.gif

Last edited:
If a SWAC school schedules another SWAC school not on it's master schedule, the SWAC should fine both schools at least $50,000 each.
news-n-coffee.gif

I agree or force those games not go toward wins.....some way some how the SWAC has to start enforcing this mess. I really can see certain schools only trying to play 7 games and trying to make 5 of them home games.

So a division with SU, GSU, JSU, Alcorn and Valley... The other 5 would be pissed. Travel alone would make that a bad decision, let alone attendance possibilities.

Why not group SU, GSU and JSU with the Tx Schools for football only?

So with a 8-game schedule, Alcorn can always play JSU and SU yearly and then rotate GSU, sTu and PV A&M.

Why not group SU, GSU and JSU with the Tx Schools for football only?

So with a 8-game schedule, Alcorn can always play JSU and SU yearly and then rotate GSU, sTu and PV A&M.
Because Alcorn and GSU are big rivals and would want to play each other annually.

Just like I figured....This is about to be one big mess smh.

If we are going to go back to a 7-Game Mandate, strict parameters and rules should have already been established beforehand.

Just like I figured....This is about to be one big mess smh.

If we are going to go back to a 7-Game Mandate, strict parameters and rules should have already been established beforehand.

I agree. We all know there will be a certain school trying to play 7 games.

Because Alcorn and GSU are big rivals and would want to play each other annually.
Hmm... This seems to be prickly situation. It seems you have Alcorn, Grambling, Jackson State and Southern in one camp where they will play yearly regardless if the games will be counted for Conf. champs or not and then you have every one else that won't have to play one another.

I bet this situation would be a better one if you all got FAMU and Tenn State in the conference. That way you can have 2 6-team divisions with FAMU and TSU in the East and have you four plus the Texas schools in the West.

Then everyone gets what they want while playing an 7 or 8 game schedule.

please.. I remember the days when everybody and their mama was waiting on Alcorn-GSU.

exactly, past tense! Grambling has a 25 game lead over Alcorn, and have beat them 2 straight years. We got excited after beating a ranked team in 2014 and winning their homecoming in 2015, besides that nobody gets excited about playing alcorn.

Back