The SWAC Office Should Ban SWAC Teams from Scheduling Each Other OOC in the 7-Game Mandate.

BRAVEHEART123

The Clown Prince of Crime
I admit, I first thought it would be no problem with SWAC Schools scheduling other SWAC Schools as OOC Games in the 7-Game Mandate.

But after over the recent events concerning PV and a chance for an FCS Playoff Bid, I think it would be best if OOC SWAC Games were banned in the 7-Game Mandate. If a team rotates off, it just rotates off.

I also think a mandate needs to be in place that requires every SWAC team to play 1 OOC FCS Opponents outside the SWAC per year.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
OCC SWAC games should be ban!! If you don't play each other O WELL, Schedule a home and home with someone u know will bring fans to your stadium then.

Not gonna happen GSU JSU Alcorn and SU aren't about to lose money and the rivalry the 4 have built against each other
Exactly. Who in their right mind would take away the best, highest attended non classic match ups in the conference. That doesn't effect any other schools in the conference. Y'all are free to schedule who the hell yall want to. If PV wanted to make the playoffs they shouldn't have scheduled Faith.

Last edited:
So a division with SU, GSU, JSU, Alcorn and Valley... The other 5 would be pissed. Travel alone would make that a bad decision, let alone attendance possibilities.

There's no need for a new divisional format. SU would have to choose a permanent eastern division rival, either JSU or Alcorn, not both. Same with Grambling.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
But people were saying that since they are building this and that then......

Whether people will never admit it to themselves, THE SWAC WITHOUT SU AND GSU, AND JSU,, would be the nail in the coffin for the SWAC

There's no need for a new divisional format. SU would have to choose a permanent eastern division rival, either JSU or Alcorn, not both. Same with Grambling.

Permanent rivals would be unfair to the Texas and Alabama schools because it would be:

Jackson State-Southern
Alcorn-Grambling
Valley- UAPB

Then
PV/TxSo --- AAMU/AlaState

if you all approve it, we will take it.

For you internet ADs saying the SWAC should ban these games, ummmm, why?

I don't particularly like it but I am not adamantly against it either. I'm against the money games and the sorry D2/D3 games. You all playing Tuskegee and Miles (current SIAC champs) is not bad but when JSU plays teams like Lynchburg, Concordia, Paul Quinn etc.. it's simply an embarrassment.

My fear with this 7 game format is that NONE of us will play fellow FCS teams. Everyone will play money games and sorry D2s. Now some schools, like Valley need to only schedule 4 OOC SIAC teams but the rest, should be able to do better.

Permanent rivals would be unfair to the Texas and Alabama schools because it would be:

Jackson State-Southern
Alcorn-Grambling
Valley- UAPB

Then
PV/TxSo --- AAMU/AlaState

if you all approve it, we will take it.

I wouldn't have a problem with this setup.

Not gonna happen GSU JSU Alcorn and SU aren't about to lose money and the rivalry the 4 have built against each other

GSU, JSU, Alcorn, and SU still can mantain their rivalry games with a seven game mandate.

I mean folks are making this too difficult...all GSU has to do is this:

This is just an example if the seven game mandate was in place in 2015

9/5/2015 University of California
9/12/2015 Bethune Cookman
9/19/2015 (New Opponent no need to play Alabama State)
9/26/2015 Prairie View
10/3/2015 Jackson State
10/10/2015 (New Opponent no need to play Alabama A&M)
10/17/2015 Alcorn
10/24/2015 Mississippi Valley
11/7/2015 Texas Southern
11/14/2015 UAPB
11/28/2015 Southern

Now if GSU wanted to we could remove Valley and add either Alabama State or A&M. It's just that simple.

Now if we had a strong SWAC Commissioner he would have his staff put together a round robin policy per se where teams would play each other on rotating schedule similar to the SEC. For instance Arkansas plays Florida every two years for two consecutive years. Now the commissioner should maintain certain games such as the following:

GSU v. Alcorn
GSU v. JSU
SU v. JSU
SU v. Alcorn

Those 4 games should never change.

Also what's the use of having a seven game mandate if schools are still going to play the nine games. I personally believe that if this will be a problem give schools a choice of either a seven or nine. That way schools like GSU can schedule teams OOC without the pressure.

So basically most of you would be playing a nine game format again? Amazing! Can black people really run a business? Makes you wonder..........

So basically most of you would be playing a nine game format again? Amazing! Can black people really run a business? Makes you wonder..........
Actually not. It's just that on years JSU rolls off SU's schedule, the schools would play. It would be an 8th SWAC opponent but it would not count in the standings.

Back