Texas vs. USC

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw them little trophies, I was like these folks trippin'. How you gonna give these guys something thats equivilant to a figurine(sp?). That crap look like a paper weight. :shame:

I thought the same thing. My boy got a bigger trophy when he played in Pee Wee League.:retard:

I'd just like to give a shout out to the Texas defense. Mr. White was running wild but they made the stop on that ridiculous 4th and 2 play when counted. The bigger question is what was Pete Carroll thinking?

I'm glad for Vince Young. This young man accounted for almost 500 yards of offense. All the pundits got so quiet you could hear an ant piss on cotton...it was delicious!!!!:jump:

Congrats 'Horns...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Reggie Bush comment after the game

Reggie made the comment that Texas put the ball in their playmakers hand and that when the game is on the line you put the ball in your playmakers hands.

This sounds like he's pissed about the coaches not calling his number much in the game. Matter of fact, after I watched the interview for the third time. You can see it in his face that he's upset about that.

Well, Reggie. They was plugging your butt in the first half of the game and you got most of your yards rushing on two big gains. Other than that they were not letting you put on a show.

So, do any of you feel that Reggie should've got the ball more? I think the call was correct to continue to feed Lendale White. Dude was a monster going through the line and was still grinding his feet on every tackle.

UT defense was ready for Bush. Seems like every time Bush ran outside he couldn't turn the corner. Also, Lienart had a number yards but they got to him also. If it wasn't for White, Texas woulda stomped them......well #8 (wr) was tearing up the secondary.

They tried to give it to Bush, but Texas had his number.

Vinita said:
How is it that USC LOST, but ABC spoke to Matt Leinart FIRST? :mad:

And yes, Sonny, that's exactly what that SORE loser said. :rolleyes:

They spoke to Pete Carroll AND Matt first; I guess Texas was busy getting to the podium to kiss the trophy.

I am not from Texas, but I am so glad they spanked SC's arse.

:jump:

Vinita said:
Ol' Mike Jones soundin' azz ... :lmao:

I think UT was done a HUGE favor by being IGNORED in the past few weeks ...

Yup, and I can only imagine what the bulletin board material looked like. They even said how all week long the entire nation (read ESPN), had been disrespecting them.

UT did their talking on the field....:lol:

Re: Reggie Bush comment after the game

Mike said:
Reggie made the comment that Texas put the ball in their playmakers hand and that when the game is on the line you put the ball in your playmakers hands.

This sounds like he's pissed about the coaches not calling his number much in the game. Matter of fact, after I watched the interview for the third time. You can see it in his face that he's upset about that.

Well, Reggie. They was plugging your butt in the first half of the game and you got most of your yards rushing on two big gains. Other than that they were not letting you put on a show.

So, do any of you feel that Reggie should've got the ball more? I think the call was correct to continue to feed Lendale White. Dude was a monster going through the line and was still grinding his feet on every tackle.

You are right; I sensed the same thing from #5. I think he should have gotten the ball more even though I was pulling for UT. My son and I watched the game and he was pulling for USC. Everytime that #5 touched the ball, I would just say... "Oh O"! That is just how much of a difference maker that I believe this kid is. He is a threat everytime he touches the ball. Just the same, you can't argue with White did either. Had it been me, #5, my playmaker, would have had the ball in his hands more often.

Damn Bush. USC shoulda gave that ball to LenDale White more. Especially on that last drive. They called that pass play that Leinhart messed up that left them in 3rd and 8 or 9. More importantly, it stopped the clock. Then White ran for nearly a first down, but fumbled, leaving USC 2 yards short of the first. We know what happened on 4th down, but USC shoulda run White on every play. That woulda kept the clock ticking and forced Texas to use them damn timeouts they had.

Robber said:
Damn Bush. USC shoulda gave that ball to LenDale White more. Especially on that last drive. They called that pass play that Leinhart messed up that left them in 3rd and 8 or 9. More importantly, it stopped the clock. Then White ran for nearly a first down, but fumbled, leaving USC 2 yards short of the first. We know what happened on 4th down, but USC shoulda run White on every play. That woulda kept the clock ticking and forced Texas to use them damn timeouts they had.

Nothing can stop faith:bowdown:

:love: VY :love:

Robber said:

I agree with you on that. White is the better back and he proved it last night. He should have a great year in the 2006 season.

The greatest INDIVIDUAL performance in a championship setting we will see in our lifetime.

Bar none.

Great game.

Blackbear said:
The greatest INDIVIDUAL performance in a championship setting we will see in our lifetime.

Bar none.

Great game.

He did the exact same thing to Michigan last year in the Rose Bowl.
VINCE IS THE TRUTH..............forget the others. :bowdown:

Tell me again................who should have won the Heisman?:bawling:

Last note:

If USC was the GREATEST EVER, BUSH was the GREATEST EVER, LEINART and the USC OFFENSE was the GREATEST EVER, and the USC DEFENSE was the GREATEST EVER.........................................What do that make Texas and Vince Young.:bump:

Don't have nothing against USC, but I am so glad Vince Young and Texas shut all these fools up that was handing USC the ALL-WORLD AWARD for everything.............got sick of it.:xeye:

Mike said:
When I saw them little trophies, I was like these folks trippin'. How you gonna give these guys something thats equivilant to a figurine(sp?). That crap look like a paper weight. :shame:

:smh: That's exactly what I said. My first thought was Bruce's trophy is bigger than that and we are the SWAC, a conference with less recognition and much fewer $$$$ than anything in the BCS. They should be ashamed.

Oh yeah, VY gave a performance, as an individual, leader, and champion, that I will not long forget. That young man gave me a true football fix. :D :tup:

I really felt bad for Reggie when he had that horrible fumble. He dragged off that field with his head down. That always makes me feel horrible. I was screaming "HOLD YOUR HEAD UP BLACK MAN, DON'T LET 'EM SEE YOU DOWN THAT LOW". :bawling:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
To hell with all of you UT lovers!!!! :mad:

The refs screwed over the boys from Troy! YV's knee was down on that lateral that they scored that touch down on.

USC is still the better team but just lost to a (one man) Texas team that felt it had something to prove.

AAAHHHH........................OK.

But the GREATEST TEAM got their arses handed to them by the GREATEST PLAYER.:D

How GREAT can you be if you let a 1 MAN TEAM kick your 11 GREATEST ARSES on defense.:goof:

He ran and passes through them like a pee-wee league team.:D

SAME OLD G said:

The refs screwed over the boys from Troy! YV's knee was down on that lateral that they scored that touch down on.

USC is still the better team but just lost to a (one man) Texas team that felt it had something to prove.

a46f0zj8.jpg

:swink:

SAME OLD G said:

The ref's blew calls on both teams. There was an INT by a Texas DB that was ruled and incomplete pass. Man you have to give it up to VY and the boys from Austin.

SAME OLD G said:

That is not the only call the refs blew. They blew just as many for both teams.

SAME OLD G said:

Sounds like somebody is still pouting... :nod: :D

Poor Soggy, that's all you remember from that game is the 'knee down' call they didn't make?! There, there...it's ok pookie...you go be aw'right... {snicker, snicker} :D

Bingo!! "Great Minds", think a like.

SAME OLD G said:

Good game. USC sucks.

<font color="orange">How much money does the university receive for winning the national championship? Do schools that finish in the top 10 receive money also? Thanks</font>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back