Texas vs. USC

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAME OLD G said:
To hell with all of you UT lovers!!!! :mad:

The refs screwed over the boys from Troy! YV's knee was down on that lateral that they scored that touch down on.

USC is still the better team but just lost to a (one man) Texas team that felt it had something to prove.

I'm with you on this one SOG!!!! I was not happy with UT winning at all and that country arse quarterback please keep him away from the MIKE!!!!

USC Should have won but UT stepped up their game when they needed to.... I knew that fool would attempt to run the ball and they did not even prepare for it in my eyes..:shame: :shame: :shame:

gramuntildeath said:
I'm with you on this one SOG!!!! I was not happy with UT winning at all and that country arse quarterback please keep him away from the MIKE!!!!

Yep .............................Suck in that big lip, lighten that skin, talk like a Northeastern white boy, and you to will be looked at like a winner.:retard:

Kid just played the game of his life and .................oh well ..................Nothing like cutting up your own.:shh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
gramuntildeath said:

USC Should have won but UT stepped up their game when they needed to.... I knew that fool would attempt to run the ball and they did not even prepare for it in my eyes..:shame: :shame: :shame:

He didn't "attempt" he RAN it. He did what he wanted to do all night. USC was up by 12 with 6+ min left and LOST.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Correction........................the GREATEST TEAM EVER was up by 12 with 6 minutes to go.:goof:

And he didn't RUN it in..............................he was sorta strollin' through the park untouched.:D

Too bad Texas showed up for the game..............party poopers.:goof:

They should have got on a plane Monday and went back home. There was no reason to play THE GREATEST TEAM EVER. They had no chance of winning.:lmao:

SAME OLD G said:
USC is still the better team but just lost to a (one man) Texas team that felt it had something to prove.

Please explain how USC is 'better' when their defense is obviously GARBAGE....

I also have to give major credit to UT's O-Line. If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't have been anywhere for Young to run.

Man, I dunno what some of you are smokin', but UT loses that game by at least 12 points if Vince Young had anything less than the performance he had last night :shame:

UT's defense played great in the first half...Those adjustments in the second half were puttin' them in the ground...LenDale White was bussin' dey arse and that opened up the passing game. UT's DB's had to come out of that zone mess and cover those WR's one-on-one and they were getting shredded. I'm surprised that they didn't put Bush in the slot more to get him the ball; They didn't even attempt those RB vs. LB recieving match-ups most of the game...That last 4th and 1 was a play-action call all the way; UT committed to the run completely.

the thing that got me was Carroll's defensive play-calling...That dude was having a brain fart the entire game... :smh: You know Vince Young is a scrambler; You know he does most of his damage outside of containment...Why don't you have a backer spyin' his arse the entire game??? :rolleyes: :shame:

Texas been runnin' out of the spread the entire season; These cats didn't even put 7 or 8 in the box... *smh* Carroll goes with 7 db's and a 3 man rush :xeye:

What kind of mess is that??? no wonder they couldn't get VY down when he broke containment... :shame:

That being said, it was a heck of a game and the Longhorns should be proud of their accomplishment..Vince Young was the difference in the game...That was enough to win it...

As far as the reactions after the game, Leinart's reaction was no different than Vince's after the Heisman show...the dude just had the longest winning streak in the nation snapped and y'all want him to kiss dude's arse...*lmao*\

You've got two teams that felt that they had something to prove; both of them deserve their respect.

crazylegs said:
Man, I dunno what some of you are smokin', but UT loses that game by at least 12 points if Vince Young had anything less than the performance he had last night :shame:

But the thing is... he DID do it. There are no "if's" here. USC knew Vince was going to play and they didn't stop him.

jag4life said:
But the thing is... he DID do it. There are no "if's" here. USC knew Vince was going to play and they didn't stop him.

:tup:

Everyone interested in this game knew Vince was going to run the ball and USC could do NOTHING to stop him.

I'm glad all this greatest team ever crap will not cease. This USC team couldn't stop this Texas team from running the ball. Imagine if this USC team lined up against the '95 Nebraska team with Tommy Frazier and them big cornhuskers running it down their throats. It would not have been pretty.

J4L, that's never been in dispute...It's them folks actin' like UT would've won if Vince wasn't there or if Vince wasn't playing well that are smoking crack.

It just kills me how some of these cats are putting it out there like they would've handled USC without Young, or without Young playing at the level that he did last night...

Vince put that team on his back last night....period .

Possibly the best individual talent in College football history put the team on his back when they were getting shredded....it's that simple.

crazylegs said:

Vince Young has done this 24 time's in 2 years.:tup:

Why is people so surprised the GREAT USC could not do what all the other teams could not do................STOP HIM?:what:

OHIO STATE BUSTED HIS ARSE LIKE NO OTHER TEAM HAS DONE. HE STILL KICKED THEIR ARSE LIKE HE HAS DONE ALL THE REST.

USC lost ......................live with it and quit making silly excuses. :shh:

BTW: If BUSH had not made that ILLEGAL PUSH IN THE BACK for his QB against Notre Dame, USC would not have even been here.:nod2: :tup: :nod2:

crazylegs said:
J4L, that's never been in dispute...It's them folks actin' like UT would've won if Vince wasn't there or if Vince wasn't playing well that are smoking crack.

It just kills me how some of these cats are putting it out there like they would've handled USC without Young, or without Young playing at the level that he did last night...

Vince put that team on his back last night....period .

Possibly the best individual talent in College football history put the team on his back when they were getting shredded....it's that simple.

The offense was not getting shredded. Hell you could say if Lendale White didn't do what he did Texas would have blown them out, but all of that is moot because these teams PLAYED the game and one of them won, whether it was because of one spectacular performance or 3.

The offense was not getting shredded. Hell you could say if Lendale White didn't do what he did Texas would have blown them out, but all of that is moot because these teams PLAYED the game and one of them won, whether it was because of one spectacular performance or 3.

man, they made that adjustment at halftime...LenDale White was running his arse off, but it wasn't the sole thing that was effective for them...Leinart started throwing slants; going to 3 and 5 step drops...They put Dwayne Jarrett in the slot and forced UT's DB's out of that zone mess they was running into man coverage;

I dunno what game you were watching, but those DB's were getting they arse ate up in single coverage...

USC's D took away most of the stuff the running backs were doing out of the spread...Heck, they were starting to get some pressure on Vince later on in the game...The thing I couldn't figure out was why Carroll elected to go with 7 db's to stop a QB that runs as well as Vince does...There were more than a couple of times that some of those DB's playing LB had Vince dead to rights, but couldn't bring him down.

USC's linebacking corps was fast enough to contain him better than they did if he would've trusted his DB's with man coverage; They were doing well against UT WR's in man coverage.

I'm not making excuses for SC...They lost...plain and simple...At the same time, whay are some of y'all making it out like USC has been some sort of fluke these past few seasons???

Y'all hate them that much??? :lol:

I don't hate USC but dang dude... Lendale White was having a MONSTER game.

Dwayne Jarrett did his thing but the best player for USC in the game was White. Texas had a much better chance at stopping Leinart from getting the ball to Jarrett than they had at stopping White on a consistent basis, and as I said Jarrett had a great game.

USC's D was not stopping Texas' running backs. Selvin Young and Charles each averaged over 6.5 yds a carry.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Oh yeah... only ONE WR caught a pass other than Jarrett for USC. How were they all beating Texas' DB's? ONE was doing it, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back