Terms of Brian Jenkins' Contract

That pic of Jenkins in the first post is priceless! lol
This pic?

hUJM5klC

Again, serious question............NO SMACK!

According to the article posted in this thread, it states:

"The contract's terms state that Brian Jenkins will be ASU's head football coach from Jan. 1, 2015 until Dec. 31, 2017 unless otherwise modified or terminated. Jenkins' annual salary over the contract's life will climb from an annual salary of $175,000 to $200,000 and then $250,000"

But this is what Board President Locy Baker said in the other article:

However, Boyd, board Chairman Locy Baker and other trustees said they had no discussions with Hines about the problems. In an emailed response to several questions asking if Hines had alerted her to specific allegations levied against Jenkins, Boyd's only reply was: "No."
Baker also denied having a conversation with Hines but said he would wait and see what came of the potential problems.
"If it's true — and we don't know if it is or not right now — we'd have to act," Baker said. "But if there are NCAA issues out there, we'll have to wait and see what comes of them and make a decision."

From my understanding, Coach Jenkins' contract was approved by the ASU Board twenty days ago:

Following the Feb. 5 board meeting, at which Jenkins' contract was approved by trustees,
My question is, since the contract was approved, has Coach Jenkins signed it? If the NCAA steps in and decides to take any sanction(s) against Coach Jenkins', will Alabama State fire him? If so, does that classify as another wrongful termination, resulting in a potential lawsuit?

Again, serious question............NO SMACK!

According to the article posted in this thread, it states:

"The contract's terms state that Brian Jenkins will be ASU's head football coach from Jan. 1, 2015 until Dec. 31, 2017 unless otherwise modified or terminated. Jenkins' annual salary over the contract's life will climb from an annual salary of $175,000 to $200,000 and then $250,000"

But this is what Board President Locy Baker said in the other article:

However, Boyd, board Chairman Locy Baker and other trustees said they had no discussions with Hines about the problems. In an emailed response to several questions asking if Hines had alerted her to specific allegations levied against Jenkins, Boyd's only reply was: "No."
Baker also denied having a conversation with Hines but said he would wait and see what came of the potential problems.
"If it's true — and we don't know if it is or not right now — we'd have to act," Baker said. "But if there are NCAA issues out there, we'll have to wait and see what comes of them and make a decision."

From my understanding, Coach Jenkins' contract was approved by the ASU Board twenty days ago:

Following the Feb. 5 board meeting, at which Jenkins' contract was approved by trustees,
My question is, since the contract was approved, has Coach Jenkins signed it? If the NCAA steps in and decides to take any sanction(s) against Coach Jenkins', will Alabama State fire him? If so, does that classify as another wrongful termination, resulting in a potential lawsuit?

Any NCAA sanctions are likely grounds for termination. The NCAA may actually give him a "show cause" penalty, which would basically require ASU to fire him.

And then they would have to promote Ramsey or Kaiss to HC since they have no others in line or a plan B in place.

Any NCAA sanctions are likely grounds for termination. The NCAA may actually give him a "show cause" penalty, which would basically require ASU to fire him.

Thanks j4L!

But what concerns me for Alabama State is if this happens, would/could this result in a lawsuit? Would there be a monetary penalty? Would Coach Jenkins have grounds to sue?

This just looks like something that could have been avoided altogether if more, in-depth research & background would have taken place.

Thanks j4L!

But what concerns me for Alabama State is if this happens, would/could this result in a lawsuit? Would there be a monetary penalty? Would Coach Jenkins have grounds to sue?

This just looks like something that could have been avoided altogether if more, in-depth research & background would have taken place.
Can't think of any grounds, but I'm sure his lawyer would search for some.

Dude this is the SWAC. Anybody can win it next year.

Dude, Alabama State does not win SWAC titles. You only won it before because the Cole Brothers cheated to load the cupboard for Coe to win until the talent ran out.. then the NCAA penalites came... smh If you wanna cheat, you might win again.

I wonder how long Mark Orlando will stick around with all this going on at Bama State? He probably got a pretty good raise than when he was at PV and TX Southern, so he will probably ride it out as long as he could.

I wonder how long Mark Orlando will stick around with all this going on at Bama State? He probably got a pretty good raise than when he was at PV and TX Southern, so he will probably ride it out as long as he could.

Mark Orlando spent not one day on payroll at Texas Southern for those 18 hours he was considered our Offensive Coordinator. Last paycheck he got from Texas Southern was back in 2001 when he coached under Bill Thomas.

I see you, lolol....;)

He just doing what he always does, trying to help out his fellow coalition brothers. He doesn't like it when someone is talking about coalition schools so he will come in to defend it no matter what the situation is. If its not about JSU he refuses to talk about it lol

Reactions: J C
He just doing what he always does, trying to help out his fellow coalition brothers. He doesn't like it when someone is talking about coalition schools so he will come in to defend it no matter what the situation is. If its not about JSU he refuses to talk about it lol

Sad ain't it? lol

Funny.....you mention the coalition (9 SWAC Schools minus JSU) taking up for each other and going against JSU when technically you are part of this "coalition" since you flop back over to cheer for UAPB.

Funny.....you mention the coalition (9 SWAC Schools minus JSU) taking up for each other and going against JSU when technically you are part of this "coalition" since you flop back over to cheer for UAPB.

Nobody from PB really talks smack on here how many times do I have to explain that to you. When people from JSU and PB smack each other I'm neutral, I went to both schools. You never went to any other school besides ASU yet you nut ride SU any chance you can get

Sad ain't it? lol

It's funny and sad. These dudes will write a thesis and show illustrations on a JSU topic but refuse to do so when certain schools are involved. You can't pay Jag89 to comment about the actual topic because of his loyalty to Bama St

Back