SWAC 2013 Football Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is the truest statements ever. We kicked PBs ass twice last year and they managed to win. I think their strategy is to let them over power us and somehow manage to sneak out a victory. Well it wont be that way again this year. See you in Jackson and Bham[/QUOTE]

UH GR, the SCG is in Houston. LOL. Ain't nobody going to be in B-ham.

Stop it TP. From 2004-2013, we are 10-8 against JSU. From 98-2004 we are 8-4 against yall. Like I said before the only time you beat us was Spivery last 3 years. You couldn't even beat him his first 3 years. He got there for the 05-06 season and swept yall. From that season to 2008 he went 4-2 against JSU. So his first 6 games he kicked yall arse. Then he went 0-6 against JSU his last 3 seasons. So I guess you want the Spivery record to be the only one that counts this decade. He went 4-8 against JSU. Grant swept yall his last year too before Spivery took over. So the only reason you are even as close to SU in wins the last 30 years is those 6 losses Spivery had against yall his last 3 years.

LOL. JSU basketball has never just dominated SU basketball. Hell I knew how good SU basketball was even back in the 70s and early 80s because they would kick Paul Covington's arse. You really don't want to go there TP. LOL.

BTW, Tevester Anderson was 9-11 against SU. He got to JSU for the 03-04 season. Thank Spivery for the 6 gift wrapped wins his last 3 years he was fugging up SU. basketball. Before those years, Tevester started off in a 3-7 hole against SU. He got dominated his first 10 games against SU when he took the JSU job.

JR, I have JSU media guide and in 2004, JSU led the series in basketball over SU 65-45. I am sure you have NOT closed the gap.. LOL

Say it with me: "OWNED!"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JR, I have JSU media guide and in 2004, JSU led the series in basketball over SU 65-45. I am sure you have NOT closed the gap.. LOL

Media guide from JSU. I stopped reading right there. LOL. I went to NCAA official facts.

Now this is the truest statements ever. We kicked PBs ass twice last year and they managed to win. I think their strategy is to let them over power us and somehow manage to sneak out a victory. Well it wont be that way again this year. See you in Jackson and Bham[/QUOTE]

UH GR, the SCG is in Houston. LOL. Ain't nobody going to be in B-ham.

Damn it...my bad. You know Im the first one that wanted to get out of that Hell Hole called Bham

Well PB...we will see you in Houston

TP...you cant use media guides like them. Remember they have the media guide that says SU ALWAYS has one more win over JSU in football no matter how many times we hang a foot in that ass.

Media guide from JSU. I stopped reading right there. LOL. I went to NCAA official facts.

Even though you're one of the more honest of the su bunch, I would trust your stats however I need verification. Please post your basketball source and website. Thanks in advance.:tup:

TP...you cant use media guides like them. Remember they have the media guide that says SU ALWAYS has one more win over JSU in football no matter how many times we hang a foot in that ass.

You shole is right. You shole is right.:lol:

Damn it...my bad. You know Im the first one that wanted to get out of that Hell Hole called Bham

Well PB...we will see you in Houston

I know man, that's why I was shocked you forgot about the move. LOL. No biggie.

On paper it should be UAPB vs JSU or Bama State. That is my prediction with the hope my boys will be able to do something in the West to dethrone PB.

GR,
TP is just reaching man. LOL. Who knows if JSU beat the crap out SU in the 60s. The NCAA records I went back to started in the 70s when we all moved to the 1A status in basketball and became eligible for the tourney. Since then SU has own JSU in basketball. But if TP wants a cookie and say yall owned us when we were all NAIA or whatever level we were in basketball back then so be it. But ever since we been able to go to the big DANCE, it has been SU with the advantage head to head.

Last edited:
Pray about it.:emlaugh:

Don't need to pray about. Either they step up and play like they have 16 starters back and depth or they don't. Simple as that. You need to pray that Bama State don't dethrone JSU in the East with all they have returning. The West is always up for grabs. Hell even as bad as we started last year, we were right in the SWAC West race until the PB game put us out of it.

Exactly.. LOL It's one win now and when we beat their azz in September, it STILL won't be tied.. LOL

Don't need to pray about. Either they step up and play like they have 16 starters back and depth or they don't. Simple as that. You need to pray that Bama State don't dethrone JSU in the East with all they have returning. The West is always up for grabs. Hell even as bad as we started last year, we were right in the SWAC West race until the PB game put us out of it.

So you guys can go back to 1934 to scrape up rubber helmet football wins but we can't go back to the '60's for basketball?! Come on JR you're better than that. Hahahahahaha!!!

For the West the battle will be between PB and PV. It's funny that SU thinks they'll manage to move ahead. We lost three SWAC games last season by a total of 6 points with that horrible defense we had. All three of those games were lost in the final 2 minutes of each game. The only SWAC team that 'convincingly' beat us last season was Jackson St (35-14as much as I hate to admit it) because they went to their run game in the 2nd half. Easily should have been 6-3 and headed to B-ham. If our new defensive coordinator even 'slightly' improves our defense to go along with our offense we'll be in great shape to represent the West in the SWAC Championship.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

JR.. let me tell you something. Ya'll were NEVER in the SWAC WEST race. Who told you that? You were 2-2 going into that game. You act like ya'll were 6-1 going into that game. :smh: You have to play NINE SWAC games but you "in it" by playing 4 games? :lol: The after that, you only beat ONE really bad team. Those 16 starters you have coming back lost to some really bad teams. They have a long way to go. You can have 16 starters return but that does not mean they will be any good...In fact, they are not any good. You will have the same players and same coaching staff that lost FOUR out of their last FIVE games. Thank goodness GSU didn't have a prayer last year or it would have been lost 5 out of the last 5.

I could see if ya'll were happy because you started out 0-6 and won 4 of your last 5. I just don't understand.

..and this is not to say that ya'll won't give JSU a good game. It's early in the season before injuries set it and your lack of depth shows. Also, SU gets up for JSU like Valley gets up for JSU so even if ya'll sorry, you do all you can to beat JSU. But by no means are you even close to being on our level.

Last edited:

This how you use stats to make yourself look good and boost a lie. You finished 5 games behind PB. You were nowhere near CLOSE to competing in the west. PB EMBARRASSED yall and called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter.

C_monSon.gif

And 16 losing starters is NOT a good thing

For the West the battle will be between PB and PV. It's funny that SU thinks they'll manage to move ahead. We lost three SWAC games last season by a total of 6 points with that horrible defense we had. All three of those games were lost in the final 2 minutes of each game. Easily should have been 6-3 and headed to B-ham. If our new defensive coordinator even 'slightly' improves our defense to go along with our offense we'll be in great shape to represent the West in the SWAC Championship.

I certainly agree. It's not like PB is known to have a strong team year in and year out. I would certainly not be surprised if I saw you all in Houston.

I certainly agree. It's not like PB is known to have a strong team year in and year out. I would certainly not be surprised if I saw you all in Houston.

As much as I hate to admit, JSU was the ONLY SWAC team to convincingly defeat us last season because they stuck with their running game in the 2nd half.

As much as I hate to admit, JSU was the ONLY SWAC team to convincingly defeat us last season because they stuck with their running game in the 2nd half.

That's what we should have been doing all season. I can't wait to run that thang on SU this time.

That's what we should have been doing all season. I can't wait to run that thang on SU this time.

If we would've done that against PB in both games, especially in Birmingham, the outcome would've been different in both games.:smh::angry:

If we would've done that against PB in both games, especially in Birmingham, the outcome would've been different in both games.:smh::angry:

We going back to the 80s with that ground game.. :nod: Our OC is a product of that era!

I simply asked you a question; I'm not "playing" with you. It's funny you post that you don't care what we did in 2012, but you're talking about dropping "50 points", which happened about 2 years ago. Yet, again, those "50 points" JSU "typically" drops on us didn't mean squat in 2012.

This is the second time you've "decided" to not read my question/response to you and not engage in a simple intelligent conversation with me but that's ok because the truth behind your "logic" has once again been revealed.

You do realize TP (along with a few other JSU posters) lack logic and intelligence. Just sayin. :lol:

You do realize TP (along with a few other JSU posters) lack logic and intelligence. Just sayin.

We're smart enough to predict three straight losing seasons for a certain school (about to be four), whereas fans of that certain school predicted three straight winning seasons.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back