Shaq and Dirk...

Shaq ain't going no place....Buss is in Italy on vacation. Buss is calling the shots not Kupcheck. Jerry West said the Lakers won't trade Shaq. The Pistons are the only team who could trade with the Lakers and it would be a good trade for both. Nothing else makes sense. The Wallaces and Prince for Shaq is the only deal that would work for both teams. I don't think the Pistons would be open to it since they just beat the Lakers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dude ................ BIG PICTURE.

Buss and Kupchak saying they would entertain offers of trading SHAQ don't make sence.

Even if SHAQ is there this year ............. Turmoil will reign .... and not the regular LAKER DRAMA. This is a whole nother level. They won't be going anywhere near the FINALS next year............. AND I SAID IT.

It's all on Kobe now. He finally got what he wanted ..............THE BALL DEFERRED TO HIM. IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. Havn't you noticed every time they DON'T give SHAQ the ball, other teams either come back on them from double digit deficit's or just walk off from them?

Dude ......... This team has been jacked. And now they drafting a bunch of slow, no defense playing Europeans. :cry:

Ice Man said:

Jerry West said the Lakers won't trade Shaq.

Ah ...................Jerry West don't have anything to do with the LAKERS. If Jerry West was there, THIS WOULD NOT EVEN BE AN ISSUE. IT NEVER WOULD HAVE COME UP.

jstate83 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dude ................ BIG PICTURE.

Buss and Kupchak saying they would entertain offers of trading SHAQ don't make sence.

Even if SHAQ is there this year ............. Turmoil will reign .... and not the regular LAKER DRAMA. This is a whole nother level. They won't be going anywhere near the FINALS next year............. AND I SAID IT.

It's all on Kobe now. He finally got what he wanted ..............THE BALL DEFERRED TO HIM. IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. Havn't you noticed every time they DON'T give SHAQ the ball, other teams either come back on them from double digit deficit's or just walk off from them?

Dude ......... This team has been jacked. And now they drafting a bunch of slow, no defense playing Europeans. :cry:

Dude.....Are you sure you're a Laker fan? Buss is out the country and he never made that statement. That was Kupchak after a heated conversation with Shaq about Phil Jackson. Note how Kupchak is now saying lets wait until everyone calm down. In other words lets wait until the boss gets back. Jerry West knows more about what the Lakers will do than anyone else outside the organization. I value his opinion. It ain't all about Kobe its about winning. Kobe gives the Lakers the best chance to dominate for years, while Shaq I'll give him two years at the most. It don't make sense to have three future hall of famers and don't take advantage of their game. The NBA final proved that.

Whatever dude ................ Kobe is the best chance to dominate over SHAQ............ :look:

OK .......................... Just like Krause said of Jordans departure......... KuKoach is our future ........... HE IS THE EUROPEAN MAGIC JOHNSON. We all know how that worked out. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

All I can say is, the dynasty is over with for my beloved Lakers! I know this is going to be a horrible and dispicable thing to say; but I just wish Jerry Buss will keel over and die and let's his daughter take ownership of the Lakers.

My guess (and hope) is they are telling Kobe what it takes to get him signed, but once he signs they will do what it takes to make Shaq happy. Right now, if they don't act like Kobe is more important than Shaq Kobe will leave and they won't get anything for him. Once they sign him, they can try to patch things up with Shaq or trade either one. But if it were me, I would NEVER TRADE SHAQ, I can find a bunch of other folks to throw up jumpers all day (they won't hit as many a Kobe, but they will make enough of them), ain't but 1 SHAQ

Lewis said:
I would NEVER TRADE SHAQ, I can find a bunch of other folks to throw up jumpers all day (they won't hit as many a Kobe, but they will make enough of them), ain't but 1 SHAQ

Until Shaq starts taking off season conditioning seriously and learns to shoot FT and boosts his pathetic FT% it won't even matter. Yep, he'll score off the block and in the paint but the Pistons exposed him. Run him ragged in the first half and he's useless in the second. :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

FAB5 said:
Until Shaq starts taking off season conditioning seriously and learns to shoot FT and boosts his pathetic FT% it won't even matter. Yep, he'll score off the block and in the paint but the Pistons exposed him. Run him ragged in the first half and he's useless in the second. :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

He won 3 championships being a terrible FT shooter....

FAB5 said:
Run him ragged in the first half and he's useless in the second. :sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

He was definitely worn out in that second half. You could tell by the way he was just barely making it back up court.

what's more ridiculous than saying one man won 3 championships by himself?
nothing..... :slap:

Saying one man will cause a whole team not to win a championship because of his free throws when he already has 3.

FAB5 said:

Useless in the second half ............... what game was you watching. :lmao:

SERIOUS QUESTION TO YOU ABOUT MY LAKERS BASED ON YOUR STATEMENT: :nod2:

If Detroit EXPOSED and made SHAQ USELESS IN THE SECOND HALF, WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THE JOB THEY DID ON KOBE FOR 4 QUARTERS OF EVERY GAME. WAS HE EXPOSED and MADE USELESS? :what:

But yet SHAQ IS THE ONE TO BE TRADED :confused: ............... PLEASE ANSWER.

I think a lot of you discount Karl Malone's injury and the impact it had on the Lakers. Shaq and Kobe were not enough to over come the Pistons defense. Without Malone the Pistons defense was free to roam, which allowed the double and triple teams to get to Shaq and Kobe a lot sooner than other teams in the playoffs. The Lakers didn't have anyone to play the Pistons power forward. A healthy Malone kept Tim Duncan in check and without a doubt he would have held R. Wallace and Corliss Williams in check. Hats off to the Pistons they beat the Lakers, but I wouldn't bet on them repeating.

I look forward to the Lakers building around Kobe. Put that kid with a center and power forward who can rebound and defend the paint. He'll win some more championships for the Lakers. It's a joke how some of you accuse Kobe of not being a team player, but Shaq who doesn't want to share the ball with Kobe is.....go figure.

Ice ............. I'm with you. It still would have been hard fought, but it would not have been like this IF Malone was not injured. But ............. like they say ..... IF is a mighty big word.

The problem I have is all this SHAQ is washed up and KOBE carried this team crap. I LIKE KOBE. HOPE HE STAY A LAKER.

BUT ................ between the 2, THERE IS NO WAY IN HE!! I WOULD TRADE SHAQ AWAY AND THEN HAVE TO PLAY AGAINST HIM. :look:

In the end, I could replace KOBE, but who in the he!! would anyone get to replace SHAQ. Kobe over SHAQ is insane. :kaioken:

And FAB5 .................... I'm still waiting on a answer. :winkgrin:

Anyone who says Shaq is washed up don't know anything about basketball, but those who know basketball can see that Shaq game has declined. Shaq needs to work hard this off season on his game, which there is no doubt Kobe will be regardless of his situation. I think Shaq will now, but before losing the finals and the trade talk I'm not so sure. The Lakers know Shaq needs to be in better shape to run the court with Kobe and if he's not willing to do that trade him.

LMAO at Mark Cuban....Dirk is off limits in trade talks for Shaq. All you Shaq supporters don't have anything to say about that.

Better shape in the off-season. Ok ......... I agree with that.

But as far as DIRK is concerned ................... Give him his props, good player .................. BUT .................. MY POINT IS:

I WOULDN'T TRADE SHAQ UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! :hat: :hat: :bump:

jstate83 said:
Useless in the second half ............... what game was you watching. :lmao:

If Detroit EXPOSED and made SHAQ USELESS IN THE SECOND HALF, WHAT WOULD YOU CALL THE JOB THEY DID ON KOBE FOR 4 QUARTERS OF EVERY GAME. WAS HE EXPOSED and MADE USELESS?

Games 3,4, and 5 in Detroit. I'm sure you saw him on the bench for long stretches of the second half...looking tired and dejected. And he wasn't in foul trouble. I'd call the job they did on Kobe team defense. :swink:

FAB5 said:
Games 3,4, and 5 in Detroit. I'm sure you saw him on the bench for long stretches of the second half...looking tired and dejected. And he wasn't in foul trouble. I'd call the job they did on Kobe team defense. :swink:

OK ........................ :goof: :goof: :goof:

Shaq puttin' up HIGH DOUBLE DOUBLES--- DANG NEAR 30/20 A NIGHT, while fighting off 2 and 3 man waves comming at him the entire game ........... HE'S TIRED AND DEJECTED. :xeye:

KOBE ................... SCORING 1 TO 5 POINT'S in a half is because of TEAM DEFENSE......... WHY COULDN'T HE FIGHT THROUGH IT LIKE SHAQ? :look:

Detriot defense was good, but it didn't change the series. Once again the Lakers inability to stop Detriot big men was the difference in the series. Gary Petyon didn't challenge Billups was key too.

jstate83 said:
KOBE ................... SCORING 1 TO 5 POINT'S in a half is because of TEAM DEFENSE......... WHY COULDN'T HE FIGHT THROUGH IT LIKE SHAQ? :look:

Because he not real. He plays when its convenient for him to look good. Kobe is not the kind of player who puts a team on his back from the first game of the season to the last game of the championship. He makes his opponents look bad, but he doesn't demoralized them like JORDAN!!!!

Back