Shaq and Dirk...

Da_Sperm

Its getting closer and closer to happening. The Mavs have traded A. Jamison and Josh Howard to Washington for Jerry Stackhouse, Christian Latterner and the #5 pick in tonights draft. Dallas will draft whoever the Lakers want in a deal that will send Shaq to Dallas in return for the #5 pick, Steve Nash and some not yet mentioned players from Dallas, but definetely not DIRK.

If Mark Cuban get's his hands on SHAQ, with his over abundance of outside shooting .................. OH LAWD!!. :splat: :splat:

Also...Josh Howard is still in Dallas. The Lakers have said they don't want to trade Shaq to a Western conf team unless Dirk is available.

My PO LAKERS.

If SHAQ stay's in the west, he gonna make them fold up into a fetal position like Ostertag's arse in UTAH.

BYOTCH SLAPPED EVERY TIME. :slap: :slap: :slap:

I HATE YOU KUPCHAK & BUSS. :angry: :angry: :angry:

You right.

The point is Shaq wants out and he will get out. Nobody is going to give up their STAR for Shaq. So the only thing the Lakers can do is pickup draft picks (which is unlikely) or pickup players in their last year of their contract. It would be to their advantage to get a player with a high salary so that they would have cap room to be a major player in next years free agent market.

Now, since Orlando wants to go young and they have the #1 pick, that #5 pick would look very interesting to them in a trade for T-Mac.

A side by side comparison of the teams that ARE IN A POSITION TO GO AFTER SHAQ AND HIS SALARY.

East:
Knicks, Nets, Wizards, Bull's, Pacers

West:
Mavs, Suns, Rockets

2004 SHAQ DRAFT

Owners are working overtime on this. The Shaq factor is making deals fall apart.

Whycome they tryna' put Dirk in this. Dirk is EONS better than "dunking" Shaq.

A list of what SHAQ cannot do (current and to date):
  1. Cannot hit free throws
  2. Cannot knock down a medium range jumper
  3. Is lazy and doesn't rebound defensively as required
  4. Is lazy and doesn't rebound offensively consistently
  5. Cannot handle the ball no more than 10 feet away from the paint :shame:
  6. Is fundamentally unsound
  7. Can only "dunk"
  8. Is not a team leader (doesn't lead by example)
  9. Doesn't run the floor well

Think about everything that I said up there was Shaq's weaknesses and 7' Dirk can do all of that+ more. Dirk's a better ball player than Shaq hands down.

Cuban would be a fool to consider him for a trade. And he really doesn't need him to fill the arena as Dirk and current crew of "youngsters" have done that already w/ the exciting brand of bball that they play.

Cuban is thinking CHAMPIONSHIP.

Mav's Basketball exciting ................. yes. Who don't like a team that can score.

BUT ............ Just like every year in the playoff's, it's either jumpshoot your way to a 20 point win or CLANK yourself to a 20 point loss. No defense or inside presance.

They will never get to the next level with the makeup they have now. Outside shot's don't fall forever. They have proven that the last 4 years.

One more thing SHAQ couldn't do ................ lose to DALLAS.
You can't beat him ---- sign him.

But I'm with you Panthro .............. I hope they don't sign SHAQ either.

Agreess w/ you jstate83.

But Dirk for Shaq? C'mon now. We know who the better all around player is. Dirk, to me, is just as dominant as Shaq is. It's just that Dirk dominates in ALL phases of the game (inside, outside, mid-range, free throws, can put it on the floor or pull up, ...). Better player.

Dirk-Finley-Nash and those up and coming youngsters would've been something awfully special. The ONLY problems that they would've had is w/ true big dominating big men (Duncan, Shaq, Garnett, Wallace-take your pick lol).

Dirk can be stopped one-on-one by more than a couple of players in this league.

Shaq can't...other than by Kobe...LOL

Panthro said:
Agreess w/ you jstate83.

But Dirk for Shaq? C'mon now. We know who the better all around player is. Dirk, to me, is just as dominant as Shaq is. It's just that Dirk dominates in ALL phases of the game (inside, outside, mid-range, free throws, can put it on the floor or pull up, ...). Better player.

Dirk-Finley-Nash and those up and coming youngsters would've been something awfully special. The ONLY problems that they would've had is w/ true big dominating big men (Duncan, Shaq, Garnett, Wallace-take your pick lol).

Yes Dirk is a very good player ................ But your last statement is why Cuban really want's SHAQ............PROBLEMS ON THE INSIDE.

They have enough firepower from 18 feet OUT to supply 3 NBA teams. What they need is firepower AND MUSCLE on the inside.

Basketball's a business. Dirk probably is going to be the odd man out. No team in the NBA is going to get SHAQ without letting BIG MEN GO ... GOOD BIG MEN.

Hmmmm....

*thinking to myself about Shaq's HORRID free throw shooting*
*thinking to myself about Shaq's lazy nature*
"L" nawl! I wouldn't do it! Don't do it Cuban! :smh: You'll be sorry in the end.

Who stopped Dirk this past year? :confused:

No team can trade for Shaq and stay competitive.....The Lakers will not give Shaq away. I'm going to say Shaq won't be traded because no team has what it takes to make the deal with the Lakers. In due time Shaq will eat his words because he knows the Lakers lost because they couldn't over come the injury to Karl Malone. Also, he know that Peyton, Malone, and Kobe wants to run an offensive that takes advantage of their skills. Most of you don't know that the Lakers got away from the Triangle offense toward the end of the season.

jstate83 said:
If Mark Cuban get's his hands on SHAQ, with his over abundance of outside shooting .................. OH LAWD!!. :splat: :splat:
Isn't that what you said when the Lakers pick-up Malone and Peyton?

Also isn't that what you said after the finals. :emlaugh:

bluedog said:
Isn't that what you said when the Lakers pick-up Malone and Peyton?

Also isn't that what you said after the finals. :emlaugh:

Dude ................... Have you forgot ................... THE LAKERS MADE IT TO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS. In the process, they BEAT the #5, #2 seeded defending champions, and the #1 team in the west.

But you right ............. for the LAKERS, it was a disaster. For any other team, they thinking "GREAT SEASON, 1 pickup in offseason, and we can do it." :lmao:

They ain't the first team to lose it. Heck the lakers have LOST 11 NBA Finals.
That's more than 1/3 of NBA's team's final's appearances COMBINED.
Add that to the fact they have won 14 .......... you right, IT WAS A DISASTEROUS SEASON NOT TO WIN IT ALL. :nod2:

Ice Man said:
No team can trade for Shaq and stay competitive.....The Lakers will not give Shaq away. I'm going to say Shaq won't be traded because no team has what it takes to make the deal with the Lakers. In due time Shaq will eat his words because he knows the Lakers lost because they couldn't over come the injury to Karl Malone. Also, he know that Peyton, Malone, and Kobe wants to run an offensive that takes advantage of their skills. Most of you don't know that the Lakers got away from the Triangle offense toward the end of the season.

Kobe never liked the triangle .............. GP and Malone didn't know it. They had no choice .......... especially after Malone got hurt early and could not get comfortable with running it after he came back.

Dallas just got the 7'5" center from Russia in a trade form Utah. What effect is this going to have in their pursuit of Shaq? It could possibly help if they are looking to sweeten the pot with him for a potential trade with the Lakers for Shaq.

If the Lakers take this 7'5 goof as part of the deal, they are stupid. This guy will not be any type of replacement for Shaq. The ONLY way I would do it if I was Lakers GM is Dirk, Steve, Josh, and maybe newcomer Devin Harris annd send GP their way.

SU Jag 79 said:
If the Lakers take this 7'5 goof as part of the deal, they are stupid. This guy will not be any type of replacement for Shaq.

AGREE 100%.

But with Kupchak and Kobe calling the shot's, they are not going to get ANYONE that will outshine KOBE. :argue2:

But ................... NEW PLAN. Dallas might not get him. :nod2:

It was reported on the draft last night that Shaq want's to go to Sacramento. The owners said they had been contacted indirectly by Shaq's people and they are tyring to work out a package for a trade with L.A. It's a long shot because they play in the same division, BUT, who ever thought LAKER MGNT would be stupied enough to run SHAQ off in the first place. :(

SHAQ playing for the QUEENS.
:slap: :slap:

jstate83 said:
AGREE 100%.

But with Kupchak and Kobe calling the shot's, they are not going to get ANYONE that will outshine KOBE. :argue2:

But ................... NEW PLAN. Dallas might not get him. :nod2:

It was reported on the draft last night that Shaq want's to go to Sacramento. The owners said they had been contacted indirectly by Shaq's people and they are tyring to work out a package for a trade with L.A. It's a long shot because they play in the same division, BUT, who ever thought LAKER MGNT would be stupied enough to run SHAQ off in the first place. :(

SHAQ playing for the QUEENS.
:slap: :slap:

Shaq to Sac, Please tell me that this is just a silly rumor. There is a rule in pro sports. One should almost never trade a player within the division, especially one of Shaq's caliber.

^^^^^
Nothing has been worked out, but Kupchak arse would probably do it for Vladi, Webber and a draft pick or cash. :nod2:

Who knows what will happen with this DUMMY rumnning the show. :(

Back