Parcells tells T.O. "You're not catching 100 balls."

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
WalkWitaPanther said:
With the style of offense the Cowboys play, how long do you think it will take for these two egos to clash?

Hopefully as long as it's taking Parcells and Jones. I recall folks betting two years max.

I'm just wondering...................if the Cowboys are floating around .500, and not beating up on people..............and T.O. is averaging about 4 catches a game...............will he get to whining?????

Owner Jones is going to get T.O. the ball. If Parcells does not use T.O. so he can dance on the Star, Parcells will be fired. Jerry will fire anybody. It doesn't matter what Parcells says, T.O. will get the football.

MightyDog said:
Owner Jones is going to get T.O. the ball. If Parcells does not use T.O. so he can dance on the Star, Parcells will be fired. Jerry will fire anybody. It doesn't matter what Parcells says, T.O. will get the football.
If there's a clash between Jones and Parcells over T.O., Parcells will quit before he lets Jerry fire him.

I agree that Parcell will quit first before he let Jerry Jones fire him. Parcell has been to numerous Superbowls and doesn't need Jerry Jones to tell him how to coach. :look:

wahines said:
I agree that Parcell will quit first before he let Jerry Jones fire him. Parcell has been to numerous Superbowls and doesn't need Jerry Jones to tell him how to coach. :look:

:tup:

wahines said:

Which one has won more superbowls?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
T.O. won't make it past the third or fourth game without some controversy and will probably be suspended from the team before the post-season begins. And that's fine with me because I never could stand the Cowboys anyway. :lol:

T.O. will be even more dangerous w/ the Cowboys. Dallas has one of the top tight ends in Jason Whitten, speedy reciever in Glenn, and a good runningback. What defense will be able to stop all four of them? Dallas is going to a 2 tight end set. This way there is no power side, defense don't know which side the ball will be run to. This should keep linebackers in or put them in mismatch w/ tight ends. TO and Glenn gives you speed, so if you double either, you leave the other in a one on one, and both can hurt you that way.

TO's YAC will increase, although his # of catches will decrease. This will make him a better player.

Parcells coaching style is only good for 3 to 4 years. When the players get tired of his B.S. he moves on. Win or lose he will not be back in Dallas.

MightyDog said:
Parcells coaching style is only good for 3 to 4 years. When the players get tired of his B.S. he moves on. Win or lose he will not be back in Dallas.

I agree with you MD. That is his trademark. Kind of like Larry Brown of the NBA.

MightyDog said:

Yeah, but he gets the MOST out of his players.

Jerry Jones is smart, and he knows he can't ride with T. O. if there is a clash. Right now Parcells is more important, and if T.O. starts being an asshole again, if he lets TO do what he did in Philly, he will lose half the team also. T0 < Hall of Fame Coach + half the team

Back