Michael Sam will play in the CFL

My only issue is the same one other "firsts" have had .... The next Michael Sam it's going to get scrutinized even more because Michael couldn't handle life and professional football at the same time.

Firsts can't fail like this.

Being first probably gave Sam more opportunities than he would have gotten otherwise. There's some incentive in being out and proud. Look at how Kerry Rhodes - a legitimate NFL starter - got black listed after his gay ex lover put him on blast. Might not have happened that way if he'd just come on out.

Being first probably gave Sam more opportunities than he would have gotten otherwise. There's some incentive in being out and proud. Look at how Kerry Rhodes - a legitimate NFL starter - got black listed after his gay ex lover put him on blast. Might not have happened that way if he'd just come on out.

Kerry Rhodes not being in the league is mind-boggling.

Kerry Rhodes not being in the league is mind-boggling.

Interesting points!

Its comical for folks to say He wasn't a NFL player. SEC Defensive POY is saying alot. He should have made it a few years in the league before coming out cause it cost him big time. It's no way a smaller or slower kid makes it the league and He cant even stay past a cup of coffee.

Its comical for folks to say He wasn't a NFL player. SEC Defensive POY is saying alot. He should have made it a few years in the league before coming out cause it cost him big time. It's no way a smaller or slower kid makes it the league and He cant even stay past a cup of coffee.

Don't let the co-DPOY label cloud your judgement of dude. He's not NFL material and everything he's done since leaving the NFL is proof. The NFL requires mental toughness of the highest order, and if you're not steel between ears, you won't make it.

Look at Jonathan Martin. He went from 2nd round pick to an early retirement because he lacked mental toughness. Everybody ain't able.

The NFL is littered with stories of guys who couldn't make it because of the lack of mental toughness. Ryan Leaf had talent but wasnt tough enough to handle the grind & responsibilities. Glen Coffee got ran out of San Francisco...after playing 2 years under the NICKTATOR at Alabama. Vince Young was a talented playmaker in college AND the NFL, but was weak in the mind and couldn't handle Jeff Fisher, a notoriously soft head coach.

The NFL is a different beast than college. Way different.

Dude is weak between the ears...

I wonder if Mr Sam got "Blindside(d)" in the wrong way when that anglo family took him in. (?) It surrrrrrrrrrrrre is odd for a physically gifted young brotha', who grows up in a semi-hard area like Hitchcock (no pun intended), is taken in by an anglo family while in HS, goes on and star @ a major PWCU like Mizzou, and then announces he loves him some little skinny anglo boys. (? - wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff??????????) :( There's something overly odd about all this and it doesn't smell good, imho. A young man like that is liken the one we try to save around these parts and help direct his path, w/out all the background shenanigans messing w/ the lad's sexuality other than to say "be careful out there w/ those young girls - there are hoes out there who want to fvck you to have a baby so they can get child support/future checks/attempt to tie you down or worse still will give you a STD." WTH happened to dude early on? The Blindside antithesis occurred, imho. ::confused smiley::

Don't let the co-DPOY label cloud your judgement of dude. He's not NFL material and everything he's done since leaving the NFL is proof. The NFL requires mental toughness of the highest order, and if you're not steel between ears, you won't make it.

Look at Jonathan Martin. He went from 2nd round pick to an early retirement because he lacked mental toughness. Everybody ain't able.

Also, he really couldn't play.

www.advocate.com/sports/2015/08/15/michael-sam-leaving-pro-football-cites-mental-health-concerns

Michael Sam Leaves Pro Football, Cites Mental Health Concerns
Sam announced his departure from the Montreal Alouettes in a series of tweets Friday night.

Michael Sam is leaving pro football, he announced in a series of tweets Friday.

Sam, the first openly gay player to be drafted into the NFL, cited a problems in the past as his reason for leaving the Canadian Football League’s Montreal Alouettes, ESPN reports.

“The last 12 months have been very difficult for me, to the point where I became concerned with my mental health,” he tweeted. “Because of that I am going to step away from the game at this time. I thank the Alouettes for the opportunity and hope to be back on the field soon.”

The pressure of being a pioneer likely has gotten to Sam, Cyd Zeigler of Outsports told ESPN. “When you decide to be a trailblazer, sometimes that trail gets awfully bumpy,” Ziegler said. Among other things, his engagement to Vito Cammissano has reportedly ended, Zeigler noted.

Sam had left the Alouettes for two weeks in June to go home to Dallas, saying he was taking the leave for personal reasons, but when he rejoined the team at the end of the month he said he was fully committed.

He had signed with the Alouettes after being cut by the two NFL teams — the St. Louis Rams, which drafted him after his stellar college career with the University of Missouri, and the Dallas Cowboys. The defensive end sat out the Alouettes’ first five games this summer but made his debut with the team August 7, although he failed to record a tackles.

Read more: http://meacfanszone.proboards.com/thread/25864/michael-sam-cut-rams?page=2#ixzz3j5Kwi0TM

www.advocate.com/sports/2015/08/15/michael-sam-leaving-pro-football-cites-mental-health-concerns

Michael Sam Leaves Pro Football, Cites Mental Health Concerns
Sam announced his departure from the Montreal Alouettes in a series of tweets Friday night.

Michael Sam is leaving pro football, he announced in a series of tweets Friday.

Sam, the first openly gay player to be drafted into the NFL, cited a problems in the past as his reason for leaving the Canadian Football League’s Montreal Alouettes, ESPN reports.

“The last 12 months have been very difficult for me, to the point where I became concerned with my mental health,” he tweeted. “Because of that I am going to step away from the game at this time. I thank the Alouettes for the opportunity and hope to be back on the field soon.”

The pressure of being a pioneer likely has gotten to Sam, Cyd Zeigler of Outsports told ESPN. “When you decide to be a trailblazer, sometimes that trail gets awfully bumpy,” Ziegler said. Among other things, his engagement to Vito Cammissano has reportedly ended, Zeigler noted.

Sam had left the Alouettes for two weeks in June to go home to Dallas, saying he was taking the leave for personal reasons, but when he rejoined the team at the end of the month he said he was fully committed.

Yep further proof he is weak minded I am not buying it was because of being a pioneer of the NFL when he should have been use to doing that because how many college athletes were announcing they were gay...I believe he gave up his dreams because he was to distracted run behind some dyck (like that dumb bytch in the white house that shot at the police boyfriend) busy worrying about what the skinny white boy was doing while he was away just dumb when you had all that other beefcake (thx Joseline) in the locker room with him just my thoughts!

Michael Sam will make more long-term money as an advocate & spokesperson than he ever would in the NFL.

Oh well...
2.171477.jpg

Back