Michael Sam will play in the CFL

Per 2014 Article 11 of the CBA, players who qualified as a veteran of one year received $525/week, a veteran of two years $625/week and a veteran of three years or more $725/week for a minimum of three weeks of training camp/pre-season compensation.
Players are also compensated with a per diem when travelling, free and discounted tickets, playoff and Grey Cup compensation and pension contributions. Full obligations to players can be found in the Collective Agreement.
(CBA - collective bargaining agreement). I think it sort of varies from player to player by position. One article I saw had them @ 80K$ (on avg) but there are higher paids and lower paids.

I hope everything turns out well for Michael Sams. Naturally, him being a texan, I'm always pulling for him and other homefolk to make it. There was a lot of adversity in his younger life and Mizzou helped change his future life w/ the opportunity to further his education and playing career. I cannot comment about that gay stuff but the dude could play DE really well. Seems like he stopped honing his craft w/ all the negativity surrounding his coming out deal. Whomever was advising him should have done a little bit better. smh

I know it's under $100k. I have a cousin he played for the Jets the past 4 seasons but will be playing the CFL next season.

Yeah the average is around 80K a year but as some have said, it depends on who you are.

Right, I he would stayed in the closet at least for a while he would be in the NFL. He received very bad advice.

I think it was his ability or lack of ability that caused him not to play in the NFL and not his sexuality. Remember controversy sells and creates attention.

Right, I he would stayed in the closet at least for a while he would be in the NFL. He received very bad advice.

+1. smh Someone really really close to him should have advised him to keep all that under wraps and continue to hone your craft, if you desire to be the best in the nfl @ the next level.

JC, I don't think the nfl (teams) wanted or needed that type of negative attention, considering the issues surrounding domestic violence, drugs, and other malfeasance its players participate(d) in. I think the only reason StL drafted him was due to proximity pressure from Mizzou fans, considering he was a Missouri product, so to speak. Naturally, w/ him being a native texan, I felt that Jerrah felt compelled to bring him in as well, as they attempted to "soften up" the cowpokers lol image. lol Let me stop making fun of those folks lol.

+1. smh Someone really really close to him should have advised him to keep all that under wraps and continue to hone your craft, if you desire to be the best in the nfl @ the next level.

JC, I don't think the nfl (teams) wanted or needed that type of negative attention, considering the issues surrounding domestic violence, drugs, and other malfeasance its players participate(d) in. I think the only reason StL drafted him was due to proximity pressure from Mizzou fans, considering he was a Missouri product, so to speak. Naturally, w/ him being a native texan, I felt that Jerrah felt compelled to bring him in as well, as they attempted to "soften up" the cowpokers lol image. lol Let me stop making fun of those folks lol.

I never thought he fit the NFL rush end type. He's too light in weight and not strong enough. Plus, he didn't have the speed or pass coverage skills to play LB. He's a weener. Canada may be his best and only option.

He's not that light. Kansas City Chief's Derrick Johnson is an effective LBer and has about the same size as Sams, although DJ has speeeeeeeeed. I was hoping that Sams would work on his speed, if nothing else so that he could become a more effective LBer.

::confused::

I think it was his ability or lack of ability that caused him not to play in the NFL and not his sexuality. Remember controversy sells and creates attention.
Lol! Please! Th kid showed that he belonged in the NFL in every preseason game that he played in. This kid was the SEC's defensive player of the year! That's usually enough to get you 3 or 4 years of hanging around in the NFL even if you were an overrated player. Lol.

Micheal Sam isn't in the NFL because he is openly gay. The NFL is teaching him and the gay world a lesson. The lesson is entitled, "Keep it on the Down Low". It's sad but true.

I am a fan of this kid and hope he makes it, but he should have kept his mouth shut for a few years.

If what you say is true, which I have never heard expressed publicly, the press would love to expose the hypocrisy of the NFL. It would be a public relations nightmare.

If what you say is true, which I have never heard expressed publicly, the press would love to expose the hypocrisy of the NFL. It would be a public relations nightmare.

In a perfect world, I can hear what you are saying, but we aren't there. Money is power. Reporters, anchors, and sports media all know that they need to be careful on how much they bash the NFL if they want to eat tomorrow.

Michael Sam could help plenty of NFL teams that are struggling to get to the QB and tackling for losses. However, he has his back against the wall just like all of the minorities before him. The difference is, this is not black vs white, this is gay vs the tough image of the NFL. There is no doubt in my mind that Sam will be a star in the CFL. I really want to see him on an NFL roster by 2016.

In a perfect world, I can hear what you are saying, but we aren't there. Money is power. Reporters, anchors, and sports media all know that they need to be careful on how much they bash the NFL if they want to eat tomorrow.

Michael Sam could help plenty of NFL teams that are struggling to get to the QB and tackling for losses. However, he has his back against the wall just like all of the minorities before him. The difference is, this is not black vs white, this is gay vs the tough image of the NFL. There is no doubt in my mind that Sam will be a star in the CFL. I really want to see him on an NFL roster by 2016.

Ain't nobody in the press suffered as a result of criticizing the NFL. And most in the sports media has given it to the NFL whether it's over concussions, Roger Goodell's leadership, rules, etc.

Reactions: J C
Ain't nobody in the press suffered as a result of criticizing the NFL. And most in the sports media has given it to the NFL whether it's over concussions, Roger Goodell's leadership, rules, etc.

You are taking about petty criticism. The type of criticism that the powers that be actually can handle or don't even care about.

This is another level my man. You let a major network allow a major voice to bash the NFL for not playing Michael Sam because he is gay and you will see the repercussions. At the end of the day, people know their lane.

You are taking about petty criticism. The type of criticism that the powers that be actually can handle or don't even care about.

This is another level my man. You let a major network allow a major voice to bash the NFL for not playing Michael Sam because he is gay and you will see the repercussions. At the end of the day, people know their lane.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Canadian Football's Alouette's suspend DE Michael Sam

(Reuters) - Michael Sam, the first openly gay player drafted into the NFL, was suspended by the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes on Monday after the defensive lineman left the team's training camp last week for unexplained personal reasons.

Sam walked away from the Alouettes on Friday, one day before the team's pre-season opener, a 26-9 victory over the Ottawa Redblacks. By suspending Sam, the team freed up a roster spot and will retain his rights.

"There's nothing to tell you. He wanted to go home, and that's what he did," Alouettes General Manager Jim Popp told the Montreal Gazette. "I don't know why.

"When a guy wants to go home, they go home. He had some personal things to take care of."

Popp said he would not be surprised if Sam returned.

Read: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/canadi...defensive-end-michael-sam-193640535--nfl.html

You think maybe his boyfriend broke a nail on Friday...Snickering!

Back