Michael Sam will play in the CFL

Now for everybody that was crying about him being SEC defensive player of the year and not making a team, please just admit the guy is not pro football talented in America or Canada.

Said he started pouting when he heard the same "bad camp..limited talent" comments up there. He is the TEBOW of college stars on defense that are not good enough to play pro ball.

I hate to see young men of color, who have an open door for opportunity to excel, not take advantage of positive opportunities extended to him. I read part of dude's brief bio and he went through a LOT of dysfunction to end up @ Mizzou. Once there, he seemingly stayed the right course and dominated in the SEC. Somewhere, somehow, he chose another path that is certainly not right for him. *smh* A wasted gift and the gift will not be extended to him for a duation. His story is repeated annually, unfortunately. So many gifted young men (and women) not taking advantage of the gift bestowed upon them.

I wouldn't call it a wasted gift. Seems like he got the most out of his talent. Good college career - Just not an NFL player. That's a common theme. Doesn't change cause he's gay. The CFL thing probably wouldn't have worked out either. Seems like he's better off choosing a different path.

Right, I he would stayed in the closet at least for a while he would be in the NFL. He received very bad advice.

At the end of the day this is the lesson to be learned. He went from a projected 3rd-4th rounder to barely drafted. Even when he showed flashes in preseason games, he pulls the Oprah stuff and the NFL blackballed him. Simple as that.

Heck I wish the Cowboys would have kept him last year because we needed the D l;ine help but at the end of the day the NFL is showing him and the LGBT community that if you are a distraction in any form, you won't be in the league long.

I wouldn't call it a wasted gift. Seems like he got the most out of his talent. Good college career - Just not an NFL player. That's a common theme. Doesn't change cause he's gay. The CFL thing probably wouldn't have worked out either. Seems like he's better off choosing a different path.

You don't see the potentiality of this young man for the next level? (nfl/cfl) His physical gift, is wasted. An impressive resume' that includes SEC DPOTY? lol *smh*

Heck I wish the Cowboys would have kept him last year because we needed the D l;ine help but at the end of the day the NFL is showing him and the LGBT community that if you are a distraction in any form, you won't be in the league long.

How was he a distraction when he never played a down in a real game? We have yet to see him in a real game. I could understand if he played 8 games and stunk but no one knows what he can do on the field. If he is being blacklisted by the NFL-who does that make look bad?

He can't get a shot on the field but you got Greg Hardy and others that make the news in negative ways playing despite folks wanting those guys gone. But yet the gay guy is an issue.

Who is the bigger distraction a gay man that could play or the thug who is missing games because he punches women?

You don't see the potentiality of this young man for the next level? (nfl/cfl) His physical gift, is wasted. An impressive resume' that includes SEC DPOTY? lol *smh*

Lots of impressive resumes out there looking for work. Sam was undersized with average speed. The NFL is a tough place. There are more players than roster spots. It is what it is.

He wouldn't be the first great college player who couldn't make it in the league. The NFL is a bear.

Great is a bit over stated in this case he had a good season I wouldn't call his years a Mo. great:rolleyes:

I didn't research his previous years but his senior year, and being dominant in the unparalleled and dominant SEC, I think he was great. Dude was going up against the best of the best of the best week in and week out in the SEC and dominated @ his position.

I'm a lil' miffed because I've seen so many young men of color over the decades that are blessed w/ a physical gift that is simply wasted because they didn't continue to apply themselves to use it to get them to a higher standard of life. It really irks me.

I didn't research his previous years but his senior year, and being dominant in the unparalleled and dominant SEC, I think he was great. Dude was going up against the best of the best of the best week in and week out in the SEC and dominated @ his position.

Still college, though.

I'm a lil' miffed because I've seen so many young men of color over the decades that are blessed w/ a physical gift that is simply wasted because they didn't continue to apply themselves to use it to get them to a higher standard of life. It really irks me.

You're even overstating how good he was in the SEC. He had three great games against mostly inferior competition, while facing single teams because of the actually dominated players who played alongside him on that DL. He was mostly nonexistent the rest of the season.

The last time I checked, and I could be wrong, but the SEC doesn't simply hand out DPOTY to anyone who is "good." lol

The young man's performance was great, in the senior year.
31 tckls; 17 asst tckls; 48 tckl total; 19.0 tckls for loss; 11.5 sacks.

That's against SEC competition.

The last time I checked, and I could be wrong, but the SEC doesn't simply hand out DPOTY to anyone who is "good." lol

The young man's performance was great, in the senior year.

That's against SEC competition.

You have to remember 10 of those sacks came against three teams in a for game stretch. Even if you want to consider that one year great (and I don't), he wouldn't be the first great college player to not pan out. Even in his own draft, Big 12 defensive player of the year and first team all American Jackson Jeffcoat went undrafted.

You have to remember 10 of those sacks came against three teams in a for game stretch. Even if you want to consider that one year great (and I don't), he wouldn't be the first great college player to not pan out. Even in his own draft, Big 12 defensive player of the year and first team all American Jackson Jeffcoat went undrafted.

+1

How was he a distraction when he never played a down in a real game? We have yet to see him in a real game. I could understand if he played 8 games and stunk but no one knows what he can do on the field. If he is being blacklisted by the NFL-who does that make look bad?

He can't get a shot on the field but you got Greg Hardy and others that make the news in negative ways playing despite folks wanting those guys gone. But yet the gay guy is an issue.

Who is the bigger distraction a gay man that could play or the thug who is missing games because he punches women?

You know the answer to this from a NFL POV: the gay dude. Hardy is an abuser but a productive one. If he was Chad Johnson's age and slipping in production, he's be in the CFL with CJ and Michael Sam

Same reason why Tim Tebow had to wait 2-3 years just to get one last shot. It's a different crowd but the same "distraction"

1. Sam was CO-defensive player of the year in the SEC. The linebacker from Alabama that he shared the award with was drafted in the first round.

2. Sam had ZERO sacks against LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M his final year at Mizzou. Coincidentally, Auburn and Texas A&M had first round picks at left tackle.

1. Sam was CO-defensive player of the year in the SEC. The linebacker from Alabama that he shared the award with was drafted in the first round.

2. Sam had ZERO sacks against LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M his final year at Mizzou. Coincidentally, Auburn and Texas A&M had first round picks at left tackle.

Sam generally played left DE (second round pick Kony Ealy played on the right) so he was rarely matched against left tackles.

Welp, he's back in football. Hope it works out for him.

Montreal (AFP) - Michael Sam, who is the first openly gay player to be drafted by a National Football League team, has decided to rejoin the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes.
"Thank you all so much for your support. Great to be back in Montreal with the club. Let's go #Als!," Sam wrote on his Twitter page.

(click link for rest of story---->) http://sports.yahoo.com/news/michael-sam-returns-alouettes-222725353--nfl.html

Michael Sam Leaves CFL's Alouettes

MONTREAL (AP) — Michael Sam is stepping away from pro football.

Sam, the first openly gay player drafted by the NFL, has told the Canadian Football League's Montreal Alouettes that he is leaving the team.

"The last 12 months have been very difficult for me, to the point where I became concerned with my mental health," Sam tweeted Friday. "Because of this I am going to step away from the game at this time."

The Alouettes confirmed in a release that Sam has left the club for "personal reasons" and that he has been added to the team's suspended list.

He did not play in Montreal's home loss to Edmonton on Thursday night, with the team citing a sore back. He made his CFL debut the previous week.

Read:http://news.yahoo.com/michael-sam-leaves-cfls-alouettes-235009090--spt.html

in the words of Get Ready there is something seriously wrong with this dude!

Back