LSU vs SU in football discussed

Should they play together?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
unlike you other prostitutes, we at Southern U don't sell ourselves to the Division 1-A Pimps! When Louisville called who answered?? When we played Tulane at least we felt going in to it we had a chance..UTEP beat the dog mess out of TxSU last year all for a few dollars..Vandy is going to have a ball with TnSU...the last school to win a game against a PWC? and i hope one of you Bama schools, don't consider Troy State!

Dude are u serious??? Vandy lost Jay Cutler, and it's not like they are in the upper echelon of SEC teams anyway, I think TNSU has a legit shot to pull the upset.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
JBR..I have been wanting to see that for years...and a game against La. Tech...but the game with La. Tech probably will never happen because of what Mighty Dog spoke about...TOO POLITICAL.

I would also love to see us play Tech and ULM. I think that would bring in a lot of fans. The I-20 rivalry could be started.

buckwheat1911 said:
I would also love to see us play Tech and ULM. I think that would bring in a lot of fans. The I-20 rivalry could be started.
Exactly! I would love to play ULL, or ULM!

Lewis, I would like to see the discussion taken one step further. What If Clayton had asked Pete what would it take to get SU ready to play LSU? What Can I do to assist you in getting our program on par with LSU?

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
Dude are u serious??? Vandy lost Jay Cutler, and it's not like they are in the upper echelon of SEC teams anyway, I think TNSU has a legit shot to pull the upset.

Now if Vandy was playing SU or GRAM even Bama State they could pull an upset..TnSU is washed up and has been for a while...they may hang around but an upset brewing, NOPE!!! :tdown:

MightyDog said:
Lewis, I would like to see the discussion taken one step further. What If Clayton had asked Pete what would it take to get SU ready to play LSU? What Can I do to assist you in getting our program on par with LSU?

Uh aint no Board Member going to ask Pete that. Hell they don't have too. They can see it everyday for themselves. :redhot:

PVJAGUAR said:
Now if Vandy was playing SU or GRAM even Bama State they could pull an upset..TnSU is washed up and has been for a while...they may hang around but an upset brewing, NOPE!!! :tdown:
:nod: :tup: :nod: :tup:

JR said:
Uh aint no Board Member going to ask Pete that. Hell they don't have too. They can see it everyday for themselves. :redhot:

How well I know, but this is the question all our board members should be asking IMO. But that is why I don't get excited about playing anybody.

Just call me when the fight starts. I just want to bust a couple of them good ol boys up. :smash: :saw: :saw: :nod2:

CEE DOG said:
Just call me when the fight starts. I just want to bust a couple of them good ol boys up. :smash: :saw: :saw: :nod2:

Cee Dog..I'm with you...I'll have on a Southern shirt though...jumping all in front of the camera.

PVJAGUAR said:
unlike you other prostitutes, we at Southern U don't sell ourselves to the Division 1-A Pimps! When Louisville called who answered?? When we played Tulane at least we felt going in to it we had a chance..UTEP beat the dog mess out of TxSU last year all for a few dollars..Vandy is going to have a ball with TnSU...the last school to win a game against a PWC? and i hope one of you Bama schools, don't consider Troy State!

That's is ASININE, Louisville paid $300,000, San Jose paid $350,00, Washington State paid $500,00, U of H $400,00.

MightyDog said:
How well I know, but this is the question all our board members should be asking IMO. But that is why I don't get excited about playing anybody.

I totally agree.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GMAN said:
That's is ASININE, Louisville paid $300,000, San Jose paid $350,00, Washington State paid $500,00, U of H $400,00.
Unlike GSU, SU can make that at home. 20,000*$28.00(cheapest ticket in Mumford).

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Unlike GSU, SU can make that at home. 20,000*$28.00(cheapest ticket in Mumford).

You may be right, but playing D1 teams is just more. We are using this as recruitment tool. Beside Gram has a good chance to beat U of H.

SUjagTILLiDIE said:

Just think along with su's home schedule, one non conference game would really assist in the budget. Maybe help complete that renovation at Mumford that started several years ago.

GMAN said:
Just think along with su's home schedule, one non conference would really assist in the budget. Maybe help complete that renovation at Mumford that started several years ago.

Good Point. I have no problem with any our schools playing a D1 program. I do believe we need to pick our D1 opponent carefully. And as MD said, we need to be asking our folks what they are doing to help our teams to compete against a D1 opponent. Just to play for a paycheck shouldn't be the only reason. You want to win or at least compete. That's why GSU vs UH makes sense to me. Start with the mid majors first and then graduate on to the LSUs, Texas's. Most of them will not play you anyway since that BCS stuff is critical of who you play.

JR said:
That's why GSU vs UH makes sense to me. Start with the mid majors first and then graduate on to the LSUs, Texas's.

I would say start with the top I-AAs...but hey whatever makes your boat go.

PVJAGUAR said:

Isn't Alabama State playing Troy State this year. I understand what you are saying, but at the same time SWAC schools shouldn't be scared :scared: to play Division I-A schools. A good SWAC team could compete with a Conference USA team like Rice or East Carolina or a Sun Belt team like Louisiana-Monroe or Lafayette. I just don't want to see SWAC schools playing MAJOR I-A schools for small change. If say Michigan or Florida wants to play a SWAC school for $650,000. Why not accept? But for $250,000 or $300,000, they can take a hike because it isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back