LSU vs SU in football discussed

Should they play together?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SUjagTILLiDIE said:
If SU and LSU wasn't in the same city, I would say play the game. Read the article, racial issues must be something if both schools administration were concerned about it.
I wish we can play ULL or ULM! :nod: :nod: I wouldn't have a problem with that. Home and Home series! :nod: :nod:

?It would show LSU is now saying, ?I?m going to help my little brother at Southern?,?? Clayton said. ?Can we beat LSU? No. But the fans would love it and more importantly, it would be the best tailgating ever.?

?Idealistically, it would be a great idea to have that opportunity if they could arrange the schedule,? Richardson said. ?But there?s a physical pounding that your team would take. I know our kids would play well. That wouldn?t be my concern. My concern would be the next game to come back from the pounding you?re going to take and to come back and compete on your own level.?

Definition of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ LESS!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This is the part I'm more focused on.
Jag-BR said:
“I want to know why South Carolina can play South Carolina State,” said Clayton, the board’s chairman of athletics. “Why not us?
Best interests in mind???

SU fans wouldn't be too keen on this because we wouldn't be able to get into Tiger Stadium like we can at other schools. That's a part of SU's game ... having the fans there in the opponent's stadium to rattle the home squad a bit. Tiger fans ain't sounding to enthused either, citing everything from losing BCS points to BR race problems to just not wanting to see what they think would be a waste of a game. (Head to TigerDroppings.Com and click on the Tiger Rant board and you will see what I mean.)

Frankly, this is Clayton steeping out on his own, again, trying to get this started when neither group would gain much. If J.C. Lewis gets injured in a game like this or JaMarcus russell, both schools seasons would be shat down the toilet. With the goals of the season for both schools, that would be too much to lose.

GSUperTiger said:
Definition of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ LESS!!!

That is the definition of a realist. Must I remind you of the mercy killings at Louisville & Washington State.......never mind (you have those ignorant blinders on). :lol: :emlaugh:

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
So you are saying jsUKs is not even on ther radar. LOL....

I think I speak for most JSU fans when I say we have never given a flyin' flip about playing Ole Miss and Mississippi State. I would rather see Jackson State play USM more often and other Division I-A schools who can pay big money. It was USM who stepped up and played JSU in the 1980s and a few years ago.

First, unlike most of you, I have attended BOTH schools. I would not like to see this game for a few reasons.

1) LSU treats everyone they play like isht. PERIOD. but too many Southern fans and Baton Rouge residents will take it waaaay more personal that it is. For example, who does an LSU fan hate more Alabama or Southern. Alabama by a landslide. But many SU fans will think they are going out thier way to discrimnate against SU.

2) Too many people will not just let the kids play a game. they will make this into a political crusade with bandwagon jumpers all over the place.

3) LSU ain't givin up no tickets. They don't to anyone (No SEC team does except maybe Vanderbilt) but to many black folks will put horse blinders on and act like they do understand that. Folks that don't even go to games at Mumford will make an issue out of it.

4) About 1/4 of LSU fans will act like assholes (they do it for everyone) but many of the black community will take them and thier ignorance and label everyone with it. The rebel flag issue is a perfect example. Less than 5% of the LSU fans have one and most don't support it, but we will put that 5% on shine and act like they speak for all white folks. Half of the ones who have them rebel flags just do it to make black folks mad anyway and some of us fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

5) Football is whole different animal than basketball or baseball. So the fact that will play in those sports have little to do with football. The sad part is how many black folks go when we play LSU at LSU and cheer their hearts out for us to beat LSU, and NEVER go to a game at Southern. Moral, they hate LSU more than they love Southern.

IMHO, they need to just leave this alone for now, and if we want to play a BCS level D1A team, find another one.

P.S. In my opinion Tony clayton, as a board member, should not be pushing this up like he is. just image, there are 19 board members, I guess all of them should be demanding official letters from the AD concerning scheduling. That would make the 9 game mandate look real small.

Lewis said:
First, unlike most of you, I have attended BOTH schools. I would not like to see this game for a few reasons.

1) LSU treats everyone they play like isht. PERIOD. but too many Southern fans and Baton Rouge residents will take it waaaay more personal that it is. For example, who does an LSU fan hate more Alabama or Southern. Alabama by a landslide. But many SU fans will think they are going out thier way to discrimnate against SU.

2) Too many people will not just let the kids play a game. they will make this into a political crusade with bandwagon jumpers all over the place.

3) LSU ain't givin up no tickets. They don't to anyone (No SEC team does except maybe Vanderbilt) but to many black folks will put horse blinders on and act like they do understand that. Folks that don't even go to games at Mumford will make an issue out of it.

4) About 1/4 of LSU fans will act like assholes (they do it for everyone) but many of the black community will take them and thier ignorance and label everyone with it. The rebel flag issue is a perfect example. Less than 5% of the LSU fans have one and most don't support it, but we will put that 5% on shine and act like they speak for all white folks. Half of the ones who have them rebel flags just do it to make black folks mad anyway and some of us fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

5) Football is whole different animal than basketball or baseball. So the fact that will play in those sports have little to do with football. The sad part is how many black folks go when we play LSU at LSU and cheer their hearts out for us to beat LSU, and NEVER go to a game at Southern. Moral, they hate LSU more than they love Southern.

IMHO, they need to just leave this alone for now, and if we want to play a BCS level D1A team, find another one.

P.S. In my opinion Tony clayton, as a board member, should not be pushing this up like he is. just image, there are 19 board members, I guess all of them should be demanding official letters from the AD concerning scheduling. That would make the 9 game mandate look real small.
Great Post.

Lewis said:
5) Football is whole different animal than basketball or baseball. So the fact that will play in those sports have little to do with football. The sad part is how many black folks go when we play LSU at LSU and cheer their hearts out for us to beat LSU, and NEVER go to a game at Southern. Moral, they hate LSU more than they love Southern. QUOTE]
Lewis said:
That's me. I would go just to fight. I hate anything associated with lsu. I become disgusted with Blacks giving lsu big ups.

I attend EVERY SU game; sit in the pressbox suites even. I am a loyal Jaguar. Being so, I can differentiate real from bullsh!t. Tony Clayton is and will always be a bullsh!tter, but he is fun to be around - loved his Christmas party.

Southern ain't playing no lsu in football.

I know my place. I'm not trying to equalize Baton Rouge. I didn't go to that bullsh!t parade; wouldn't support that garbage.

Any negro holding up the light for lsu has been bamboozled.

Good post, Lewis. :tup:

Mr. Tiger said:
I think I speak for most JSU fans when I say we have never given a flyin' flip about playing Ole Miss and Mississippi State. I would rather see Jackson State play USM more often and other Division I-A schools who can pay big money. It was USM who stepped up and played JSU in the 1980s and a few years ago.

Well said.....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Lewis said:

:nod: :nod: We can schedule a Home & Home Series together with ULL, or ULM. Good post!

Lewis said:

Lewis from your post which was great, it seems to me that white folks ain't the one with the problem.

I gotta give props to USM because they were the only school to step up and play JSU. I can tell you off top that that Ole Miss vs. Valley, or Miss. St. vs. JSU just ain't gonna happen, but then again it may happen, because this year was the first year that Ole Miss softball team has EVER come to Valley and they beat us 4-3, so change is possible.

I agree with Lewis. I don't like LSU nor Southern. I would go just to fight. :lol: Ain't nothing like a good fight. :lol:

CEE DOG said:
I agree with Lewis. I don't like LSU nor Southern. I would go just to fight. :lol: Ain't nothing like a good fight. :lol:

Man I remember when Arkansas played Texas...man them white boys had a fight at a bar later that night....man it was funny...just pushing...then all of sudden a black tossed some beer in the air...and it was on!!!! All the black people were just look and pointing. Man them white folks cut up that night.

CEE DOG said:
:lol:

I think I would be there too. With my J-State shirt on throwing haymakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back