LSU vs SU in football discussed

Should they play together?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag-BR

Go Jags!!!!!!
Four months since South Carolina entered into a two-game series to play black college staple South Carolina State, the effects of that agreement have resonated closer to home.

Southern University Board of Supervisors member Tony Clayton said Sunday he will ask SU Athletic Director Greg LaFleur to send a formal letter of request to LSU Athletic Director Skip Bertman this week for the two schools to begin talks about scheduling a football game in the near future.

LSU and Southern have never met in football.

?I want to know why South Carolina can play South Carolina State,? said Clayton, the board?s chairman of athletics. ?Why not us? The people in south Louisiana between Southern and LSU are the best people in the country. So let?s do it.?

South Carolina announced in February that it would play four of its state Division I-AA teams on a rotating basis ? beginning with Wofford this season. The Gamecocks are scheduled to host South Carolina State Sept. 15, 2007, and again Sept. 17, 2011, at Williams-Brice Stadium.

Read Full Story

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Is Pete getting what he need to prepare for such a game? What should come first, the game or providing a coach with what he needs to not just play a game, but play to win. What happens if SU lose a politicial game in the same city? Sounds good but I would like to see Pete get all the resources he need to play this game.

MightyDog said:
Is Pete getting what he need to prepare for such a game? What should come first, the game or providing a coach with what he needs to not just play a game, but play to win. What happens if SU lose a politicial game in the same city? Sounds good but I would like to see Pete get all the resources he need to play this game.

MD..does any HBCU have the resources to play a white school?

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Get Ready will jsUKs be in talks with Mississippi State?

Man...................Mississippi State don't even talk to USM.................Neither do Ole Miss.:retard:

While you at it, make sure y'all demand at least 25,000 tickets for the Jaguar Nation and get the politian from South Carolina to help in this effort.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
MD..does any HBCU have the resources to play a white school?

We can all get emotional about topics like this, and I expect this type of comment when these subjects come up. I know we don't have the adequate resources, and I also know that our schools are not committed to providing adequate resources.

I was in a meeting Saturday and was just dumbfounded, but not surprised how our new President is cutting the Athletic Resources. Now I don't know what Clayton is doing in providing support for SU Athletic program but I enjoy reading about how committed anyone is when it comes to providing resources. I get excited when I see action being taken by supporting programs with resources. But I don't get excited unless I see those who want to see things happen by making a committment.

C-LeB28 said:
While you at it, make sure y'all demand at least 25,000 tickets for the Jaguar Nation and get the politian from South Carolina to help in this effort.
:nod: :nod:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Jag-BR said:
Nupe SPORTS Board not SMACK!

Bruh these are simple questions. Hell why is everything considered SMACK when a clear damn question is being asked? Is JSU on any teams radar in Mississippi?

MightyDog said:
We can all get emotional about topics like this, and I expect this type of comment when these subjects come up. I know we don't have the adequate resources, and I also know that our schools are not committed to providing adequate resources.

I was in a meeting Saturday and was just dumbfounded, but not surprised how our new President is cutting the Athletic Resources. Now I don't know what Clayton is doing in providing support for SU Athletic program but I enjoy reading about how committed anyone is when it comes to providing resources. I get excited when I see action being taken by supporting programs with resources. But I don't get excited unless I see those who want to see things happen by making a committment.

MD, I understand and agree. Yet, without big pay offs where do HBCU's get the money?

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Bruh these are simple questions. Hell why is everything considered SMACK when a clear damn question is being asked? Is JSU on any teams radar in Mississippi?
:rolleyes:

The question that I am asking is why is it so hard for other SWAC schools to play white schools and why can't our headline schools play the top I-A school?

I commend Southern for wanting to step out and do that. The crowd will be there, heck I'd be there for that. Yet, some of our schools will not play top I-AA schools in their own state or near them...but I digress.

And Jag-Br stop taking everything as SMACK. It's not a joke but a clear question.

The sad part about it is that in order to rank schedule strenght in SWAC Football we just have to look at the two out of conference games each team plays....

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
So you are saying jsUKs is not even on ther radar. LOL....

Neither are ya'll.

BTW: Why would SU even consider playing a bunch of NECK's that don't even want them on their campus....................remember? .:confused:

Guess the water is really that cold.:goof:

I would want to see Gram whoop on UL Monroe! :nod: :nod: :nod: It would be a nice match up! :nod: I agree Nupe, we have to whoop up on some Non conference opponents. Hopefully I would see Gram & ULM playing a home & home series! I wonder if we can schedule ULL! :nod: :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back