LOUISIANA'S BEST(boy's basketball)

Denham Springs lost! The star player (Tasmin Mitchell) little brother was burned to death in a fire. Very Sad!

NASTYNUPE said:
All from S LA I see. You forgot Grambling High. Recognize...

CLASS 1A
Quarterfinal
Elton at Plain Dealing
Metairie Park Country Day at Ascension Catholic, 7 p.m. Friday
Grambling at Ringgold
Central Catholic at Southern Lab, 7 p.m. Friday
Well Grambling High is done...BUT Southern Lab is there again..If we win this year,it will be #17 in basketball... :smash:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
jag4life said:
Yep!! I'll be there if they make it to the final!!

Thibodaux will be playing East St. John for the 3rd time on Tuesday evening. I hope they can pull it out. Those people from Thibodaux are something else. At the end of the game they were chanting to the Woodlawn crowd "talk that sh$t now". :lol:

IWJNSU said:
Thibodaux will be playing East St. John for the 3rd time on Tuesday evening. I hope they can pull it out. Those people from Thibodaux are something else. At the end of the game they were chanting to the Woodlawn crowd "talk that sh$t now". :lol:

We are hoping next year will be better. Woodlawn won back to back champioships.(2002 & 2003) We were ranked #8 in the nation in 2003. We went 2 years without losing a game. Maybe Thibodaux will win one this year!

IWJNSU said:

Man you would have really heard some stuff if the game had been in the "Jungle" at THS. The basketball fans are as rowdy as they come for high schools.

jag4life said:
Man you would have really heard some stuff if the game had been in the "Jungle" at THS. The basketball fans are as rowdy as they come for high schools.

I hear you!!!!

I am a female :wavey:

JagBR said:
We are hoping next year will be better. Woodlawn won back to back champioships.(2002 & 2003) We were ranked #8 in the nation in 2003. We went 2 years without losing a game. Maybe Thibodaux will win one this year!

I agree Woodlawn's basketball teams are always good. :tup: I was there when they won their state titles. Hopefully, Thibdaux can get past East St. John and beat Brother Martin (who one last's years title) for the state title in 5A.

jag4life said:
Oh my bad...are you from Thibodaux or did you just go to NSU?

I am from "Poleon" and yes NSU is my school. I have family and friends that live in Thibodaux.

The best school in the state is my old school for every bit of 2 weeks, Brother Martin. Defending state champs at the 5A level, and ranked in the top 15 nationally.

I don't know what those Crusaders have been doing on Elysian Fields Ave, but they're kicking arse.

NICE

D-NICE said:
The best school in the state is my old school for every bit of 2 weeks, Brother Martin. Defending state champs at the 5A level, and ranked in the top 15 nationally.

I don't know what those Crusaders have been doing on Elysian Fields Ave, but they're kicking arse.

NICE

They are the best team now...but they were blasted by #14 Northside by 25+ in December or January...but Northside lost in the playoffs so that point is moot. I really want to see a Thibodaux-Brother Martin final.

jag4life said:
They are the best team now...but they were blasted by #14 Northside by 25+ in December or January...but Northside lost in the playoffs so that point is moot. I really want to see a Thibodaux-Brother Martin final.

Aren't we talking about now, instead of December?

NICE

That's why I said it is moot. It's just that in the playoffs you can't afford to lose. If it were a regular season loss I doubt if anyone would argue with the idea that Northside was still the best team...but if you don't come to play when it really counts, you have no room to make the claim of being the best.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You got that right pottna. The playoff's is what really counts. The regular season, anyone can win, because the pressure is not that great, unless it's a district game. In the case of Brother Martin, and Northside, it's a one time game, with no return, and no district title ramifications being involved, only mere bragging rights.

Where as in the playoffs every game counts, and the stakes are at their highest, you can't afford to slip up, or take the night off.

The game I was really looking forward to over the weekend, was the Landry/ESJ game. Because of the way Landry went out last year, and off of the mere fact that it's cool to see how far a New Orleans Public School will go in the state playoffs.

The NOPS seems to always have a huge mountain to climb in the playoffs, because outside of the first round, very few of the games are actually played in New Orleans, or at the school itself.

NICE

A couple of smaller schools have good teams, Southern Lab can probably beat or compete the majority of the schools in Louisiana, and dont forget about Reserve Christian, this is a Class B or C school but they have a kid by the name of Demond(think thats his first name) Carter, if it wasnt for Tasmin Mitchell this kid probably would be the one to win Mr. Louisiana Basketball.

225 said:
A couple of smaller schools have good teams, Southern Lab can probably beat or compete the majority of the schools in Louisiana, and dont forget about Reserve Christian, this is a Class B or C school but they have a kid by the name of Demond(think thats his first name) Carter, if it wasnt for Tasmin Mitchell this kid probably would be the one to win Mr. Louisiana Basketball.

He still has another year to win it.

Carter is only a junior? I thought he was a senior by now, he must have started playing when he was in middle school....

225 said:
Carter is only a junior? I thought he was a senior by now, he must have started playing when he was in middle school....

8th grade he was MVP when they won state.

The Monroe Schools are still playing. Excelcior and Richwood. NELA may bring home two state championships in Basketball. Almost unheard of in football country!

Suge said:
The Monroe Schools are still playing. Excelcior and Richwood. NELA may bring home two state championships in Basketball. Almost unheard of in football country!

I think Excelsior could beat any other team in the tourney. Not saying they are the best team in it ...but they can play with anybody. And Richwood ain't bullthiting either. I remember when their coach played Class C ball at one of them small azz schools near Grambling and then went to NLU and was a helluva scorer before playing in Europe. He left NLU as an assistant and has done a hellacious job with Richwood. GSU football signee Lavelle Wilson is the point guard.

Yeah Lavelle played big in the last game when Martin Jr. was in foul trouble. Richwood has size, and speed. They will be tough to beat. They should have been in this position last year too. Next year will be tough, they are loosing alot of talent, from the starters and the bench.

Back