LOUISIANA'S BEST(boy's basketball)

JagBR

Denham Springs High School (Tasmin Mitchell)
Woodlawn High School
Glen Oaks
Southern Lab
Brother Martin
Amite

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Not to change the subject, but John Brady of LSU is not getting it done. Tasmin Mitchell will be his 4th Parade/McDonald's All-American (Bass, Davis, Mr. Kentucky -- forget his name, but he left the team), and nothing to show since Swift left. His recruiting classes are amongst the best in college basketball. The SEC is down this year, and UK blows him out by 30.

GSUperTiger said:
Not to change the subject, but John Brady of LSU is not getting it done. Tasmin Mitchell will be his 4th Parade/McDonald's All-American (Bass, Davis, Mr. Kentucky -- forget his name, but he left the team), and nothing to show since Swift left. His recruiting classes are amongst the best in college basketball. The SEC is down this year, and UK blows him out by 30.

Actually, the Mr. Kentucky you refer to is still on the team.

His name is Ross Neltner and he had the tipin to beat Bama a couple of weeks ago.

Incidentally, his (ex?) girlfriend was on the soccer team at SU last year. She did leave BR to go back to the Bluegrass State.

All from S LA I see. You forgot Grambling High. Recognize...

CLASS 1A
Quarterfinal
Elton at Plain Dealing
Metairie Park Country Day at Ascension Catholic, 7 p.m. Friday
Grambling at Ringgold
Central Catholic at Southern Lab, 7 p.m. Friday

JagBR said:
Woodlawn High School
Glen Oaks
Southern Lab
Brother Martin
Amite

PNeck019 said:
Actually, the Mr. Kentucky you refer to is still on the team.

His name is Ross Neltner and he had the tipin to beat Bama a couple of weeks ago.

Incidentally, his (ex?) girlfriend was on the soccer team at SU last year. She did leave BR to go back to the Bluegrass State.
Nah, I meant Regis Koundjia (he was the All-American).

Gsupe have you seen the Tigers play in recent weeks? This team is actually playing as team late in the season. They have the potential to make it to the Sweet 16 this year.

cat daddy said:
Gsupe have you seen the Tigers play in recent weeks? This team is actually playing as team late in the season. They have the potential to make it to the Sweet 16 this year.
CD, I realize they have been playing well as of late (I saw the Bama game last week), but Brady does nothing with all that talent. With Dale Brown, LSU would have won the West weeks ago.

oops, omit that last statement -- he did have Chris Jackson, Stanley, Roberts, and Shaq on the same team.

NASTYNUPE said:
All from S LA I see. You forgot Grambling High. Recognize...

CLASS 1A
Quarterfinal
Elton at Plain Dealing
Metairie Park Country Day at Ascension Catholic, 7 p.m. Friday
Grambling at Ringgold
Central Catholic at Southern Lab, 7 p.m. Friday
Go Bulldogs!!

GSUperTiger said:
oops, omit that last statement -- he did have Chris Jackson, Stanley, Roberts, and Shaq on the same team.

That team was LOADED and they couldn't get past the first round in the big dance.

:shame:

cat daddy said:
That team was LOADED and they couldn't get past the first round in the big dance.

:shame:
Ranked preseason #1 that year, but they were doomed from the start against an omnipotent foe -- Kenny Anderson and the Ramblin' Wreck of Georgia Tech.

Gsupe you can't be serious about Dale Brown that dude wasted more talent than a ballerina at a strip club. This Lsu team is young, Bass is Sophmore, Davis is a Freshmen, Mitchell is a Junior so is Tack Minor, they're just jelling. By the way Regis SUCKED.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bigtyme2 said:
Gsupe you can't be serious about Dale Brown that dude wasted more talent than a ballerina at a strip club. This Lsu team is young, Bass is Sophmore, Davis is a Freshmen, Mitchell is a Junior so is Tack Minor, they're just jelling. By the way Regis SUCKED.
That may be true, but he also won with nothing too.

BTW, freshmen are not like freshmen of old. Both Bass and Davis got solid looks at making the jump to the league. As sad as the SEC is this year -- the "young" excuse does not carry weight. The talent LSU has compared to the rest in the SEC (obviously UK is excluded) the "W" column should be better in conference play. Mitchell was Mr. Louisiana a few years ago. Bass is a POY candidate.

Some said Vernel Singleton sucked too, but he looked like an All-American under Dale Brown. Dale's name was also along the lines of Bobby Knight, Dean Smith, etc. with having his teams in the NCAA tourney in consecutive years (at least 13-15 years straight if my memory serves me correctly).

The best team in LA is in Monroe. The Richwood Rams, led by 6-6 Tery Martin, Jr (Texas Tech) and 6-9 Kenny Cooper (Okalhoma St.) and my lil neighbor down the street is coming off the bench score 10 a game, D. Wiggins!

Best small school is in Monroe too, Class C Excelsior Christian, my church's school!

Suge said:
The best team in LA is in Monroe. The Richwood Rams, led by 6-6 Tery Martin, Jr (Texas Tech) and 6-9 Kenny Cooper (Okalhoma St.) and my lil neighbor down the street is coming off the bench score 10 a game, D. Wiggins!

Best small school is in Monroe too, Class C Excelsior Christian, my church's school!

Excelsior Christian ain't no joke...the coach is distant cousin of mine from Wisner, La. He and his brothers were good high school players with good knowledge of the game and strategy. The killed Wossman in a playoff tuneup game.

JagBR said:
Woodlawn High School
Glen Oaks
Southern Lab
Brother Martin
Amite

Thibodaux Tigers beat the Panthers 77-61 tonight. The Tigers are going to Lafayette. :jump:

Peabody (my school) lost to Bossier Tuesday at Bossier. They were winning at the end of the 3 rd quarter, but to many turnovers and missed ft. Bossier beat Northside tonight to put Northside out.

Lewis said:
Peabody (my school) lost to Bossier Tuesday at Bossier. They were winning at the end of the 3 rd quarter, but to many turnovers and missed ft. Bossier beat Northside tonight to put Northside out.
I guess Northside did not want Glen Oaks after all.Glen Oakes 35- 0 best in 4aaaa school in louisiana. Glen Oaks girls 32-1 :jump: : :flamethro

Lewis said:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! Northside let Bossier beat them????? Looks like Glen Oaks is the best.

IWJNSU said:
Thibodaux Tigers beat the Panthers 77-61 tonight. The Tigers are going to Lafayette. :jump:
Very dissappointing! A standing room only crowd. Seem like everybody that lived in Thibbodeaux was there. Oh well, we tore them up in football.

PsychoJag said:
None of the above. Northside in Lafayette is the best team in LA

My uncle, a former louisiana coach of the year, coached Northside a few years ago. Too bad they lost. :mad:

Back