Has The Atlanta Classic Chosen The Two Teams Yet?

We have three open dates. Concordia is included LMAO. But now that the ATL Classic hasn't set the teams in stone yet.....there is an opening. The ATL Alumni want to see a COMPETITIVE game not a blowout.

Yes, I agree. Concordia is an open date. You all had three open dates last year too! LOL

Your coach is not going to play another 1-AA school. He is a coward. He will only play a D2 that he can beat or a FBS school so that he has a built-in-excuse when he loses.

I wish some other Alcornites would understand that NOW is the Time to Push Your Program.

Georgia Tech is a unique team to College Football due to the offense they run. That offense literally takes more than one week to prepare for. They are hard for even FBS Schools to prepare for. I don't want the ATL Alumni to witness a blowout when they can witness a much more competitive game.

And no, I'm not crazy. I know the Georgia Tech game is set in stone. BUT NOW there is an opportunity where the ATL Alumni can go HARD against an equal opponent.

If we are going to lose to GT, at least win in the ATL Classic to leave a good taste in mouths of ATL Alumni.

Plus, we are paying GT for tickets. The ATL Classic is a black event. I support Black Events.

Just being in the ATL Classic would be a HUGGGEEEE Upgrade over that opponent. Instead of paying money OUT to this opponent, that money can be used to send the Band of need be (I'm not sure if the Atlanta Classic Sponsors the Bands going or not).
Dude who would yall play in the ATL Classic is the issue. Other schools already have their schedules. Itwould have to be someone's already-scheduled home game that gets moved.

Dude who would yall play in the ATL Classic is the issue. Other schools already have their schedules. Itwould have to be someone's already-scheduled home game that gets moved.

Oh no Jag, guess which MEAC School ironically has an open date on September 26, 2015 and from what it looks like a "disposable" opponent to start the season LMAO.

I'll give you a hint: the Head Coach would love to kick Grambling's ass.

By disposable opponent, I mean a "Tune up" game that can be sacrificed. You pay the team to come to you and get beat.

I am aware of the NCAA rules on Number of Games.

Oh no Jag, guess which MEAC School ironically has an open date on September 26, 2015 and from what it looks like a "disposable" opponent to start the season LMAO.

So which game are you telling them to drop from their schedule to play yall in ATL?

Then there is the Howard Enigma....

Howard has open date on October 10, 2015. Their OOC Schedule is Appalachian State, Boston College, and Stony Brook. Appalachian State and Stony Brook are both FCS. BC is the only FBS.

IF, the 100 Black Men were to set the ATL Classic date to October 10, 2015, they may can ask Howard if they could drop one of the two current FCS opponents for a more favorable one and payout.

Then there is the Howard Enigma....

Howard has open date on October 10, 2015. Their OOC Schedule is Appalachian State, Boston College, and Stony Brook. Appalachian State and Stony Brook are both FCS. BC is the only FBS.

IF, the 100 Black Men were to set the ATL Classic date to October 10, 2015, they may can ask Howard if they could drop one of the two current FCS opponents for a more favorable one and payout.
http://gadome.com/events_ticketing/events/all/Default.aspx

They want Bama State in this classic. However, scheduling has been a problem the last two years. Makes sense due to the proximity and the large number of ASU alums living in the metro ATL area.

No one is going to cancel a game at this point. The only option is to look at the Onnidan page and see which teams play on September 26th that would benefit from the move.

They want Bama State in this classic. However, scheduling has been a problem the last two years. Makes sense due to the proximity and the large number of ASU alums living in the metro ATL area.

I agree. AlaState is one of the best choices for the game.

Alcorn vs. SCSU would be better. We can kick Concordia to the curve and use the money to send the band of need be.

I have heard rumblings that Buddy lowkey may not be too fond of Hopson. But again, those are only rumblings.

Alcorn vs. SCSU would be better. We can kick Concordia to the curve and use the money to send the band of need be.

I have heard rumblings that Buddy lowkey may not be too fond of Hopson. But again, those are only rumblings.

So what makes Alcorn a better draw in Atlanta than Alabama State?

Alcorn has a solid ATL Alumni base and we are the reigning HBCU National Champions.

And if buddy doesn't like Hopson, now is his chance to prove it on the field

So Alcorn has a more prominent presence in Atlanta than Alabama State?

So what can you do/say to tell a promoter that more money can be made by having Alcorn/SC State rather than Alabama State/SC State?

BH123, you have two open dates because you can only have 11 games this year and your season is extended by a week so that you all can play JSU on Thanksgiving weekend. I think that's a mistake on the part of JSU and Alcorn. I don't support the playoffs as a primary option for our teams but I think our second best team should get consideration and those teams should be made available.

I agree with you 100% on that TP. Somebody needs to talk to both schools administration about that.

Back