Has The Atlanta Classic Chosen The Two Teams Yet?

BRAVEHEART123

The Clown Prince of Crime
I've not heard of the two teams being set in stone yet. I would hope the 100 Black Men are not being put in a position to being the Primary Sponsor of the Atlanta Classic OR a Subsidiary Sponsor of The Celebration Bowl. Key word is "OR".

No teams chosen yet. Not because of the Celebration Bowl. They are trying to get FAMU-TnSU back somehow and there hasn't been an agreement.

The teams are already scheduled to play in Tallahassee on Sept 26

Yep...and our coach has already started hyping people up for that game. That's also our home opener. Plus we only have four home games this season. I doubt that we'd give up a home game at this point(not saying it's impossible).

I remember there being rumblings about FAMU and SCSU playing in Atlanta a few months ago, but that seems to have cooled off.

Yep...and our coach has already started hyping people up for that game. That's also our home opener. Plus we only have four home games this season. I doubt that we'd give up a home game at this point(not saying it's impossible).

I remember there being rumblings about FAMU and SCSU playing in Atlanta a few months ago, but that seems to have cooled off.

Hmmm....Interesting.

Is it possible for them to have the Atlanta Classic on the weekend of October 10, 2015 and October 24, 2015?

As a SWAC Graduate, I am NOT paying tickets to another FBS Program for an ass whipping (especially on a Thursday Night). But something like the Atlanta Classic which is majority "BLACK" and on a Saturday.....I would go to that and gladly spend. I also know a lot of SWAC Schools have alumni bases in Atlanta.

I've not heard of the two teams being set in stone yet. I would hope the 100 Black Men are not being put in a position to being the Primary Sponsor of the Atlanta Classic OR a Subsidiary Sponsor of The Celebration Bowl. Key word is "OR".

It's Grambling vs. BCU or FAMU vs. SCSU.

Last edited:
TP might I ask why you have Grambling getting a safety vs JSU as your signature
image.png

LMAO....So FAMU's first Home Game is against SCSU and Grambling has decided to play BCU at home.

Ok, you know who I'm pointing the gun at. Call the 100 Black Men and mAke yourself known. It is unacceptable to have two open dates. You will contribute to HBCU Football. Its a good look and the right thing to do.

LMAO....So FAMU's first Home Game is against SCSU and Grambling has decided to play BCU at home.

Ok, you know who I'm pointing the gun at. Call the 100 Black Men and mAke yourself known. It is unacceptable to have two open dates. You will contribute to HBCU Football. Its a good look and the right thing to do.
Who do yall have scheduled for Sept 26, and would that opponent be attractive as a matchup in the AFC? Let me know what you find out.

BH123, you have two open dates because you can only have 11 games this year and your season is extended by a week so that you all can play JSU on Thanksgiving weekend. I think that's a mistake on the part of JSU and Alcorn. I don't support the playoffs as a primary option for our teams but I think our second best team should get consideration and those teams should be made available.

Who do yall have scheduled for Sept 26, and would that opponent be attractive as a matchup in the AFC? Let me know what you find out.

Just being in the ATL Classic would be a HUGGGEEEE Upgrade over that opponent. Instead of paying money OUT to this opponent, that money can be used to send the Band of need be (I'm not sure if the Atlanta Classic Sponsors the Bands going or not).

Last edited:
Just being the ATL Classic would be a HUGGGEEEE Upgrade over that opponent. Instead of paying money OUT to this opponent, that money can used to send the Band of need be (I'm not sure if the Atlanta Classic Sponsors the Bands going or not).

Your coach is not going to play another 1-AA school. He is a coward. He will only play a D2 that he can beat or a FBS school so that he has a built-in-excuse when he loses.

BH123, you have two open dates because you can only have 11 games this year and your season is extended by a week so that you all can play JSU on Thanksgiving weekend. I think that's a mistake on the part of JSU and Alcorn. I don't support the playoffs as a primary option for our teams but I think our second best team should get consideration and those teams should be made available.

We have three open dates. Concordia is included LMAO. But now that the ATL Classic hasn't set the teams in stone yet.....there is an opening. The ATL Alumni want to see a COMPETITIVE game not a blowout.

It was rumored that JSU and FAMU were supposed to meet in ATL in 2016 but now it appears that we will be going to Tallahassee with a later date to meet in ATL.

Back