Future of JSU football !!!!! Who's next ?

Fire Myers just because of football. You sound foolish. Jsu is An academic institution. Without academics there is no football, but without football there will still be academics !!!! Myers is how heart. She has grew the university by leaps and bounds !!!! We will be fine with Myers . She actually allowed the old alumni to hire Jackson just to show her support but this time around it will be All her call at the end of this search my friend . In the words of George Bush, fool me once shame on me, if you fool me once you can't fool me again !!!

You do know George Bush screwed up the original quote. He was nowhere close to how it was supposed to have gone.

fool-me-once-shame-on-you-fool-me-twice-shame-on-me-quote-1.jpg

He definitely was probably the dumbest President this country ever had.

He was the president of the United States. He didn't have to be 100 percent exact.

It's an old quote that my 4 year old twins nephews can recite. I guess since he was the president, he could say and do anything he wanted, which included lying to the American public about WMDs to start a war that got over 5,000 American military people killed , 35,000 American military people wounded, and hundreds of thousands of Iraq people killed. And what's even more delusional, his dumb followers are trying to blame our current President for the mess him, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld created in the Middle East. Therefore, I guess as long as a person is the POTUS, they can say and do anything they want, even if it is WRONG. I'm glad I'm intelligent enough to recognize right from wrong.

By the way, I think you should beg Ole Meyers to be the head person on jSU's search committee.

Last edited:
Reactions: J C
I can tell u attended SU !!! And if u didn't you sure fit the type of students they target !! Thank god I went to Jackson State !!

I can tell u attended SU !!! And if u didn't you sure fit there group of students they target !! Thank god I went to Jackson State !!

I guess when a person points out something that is obviously wrong makes them non-jSU material. IMO, you definitely attended the right school . When I attended SU, delusional thoughts were the farthest thing from our minds.

It's an old quote that my 4 year old twins nephews can recite. I guess since he was the president, he could say and do anything he wanted, which included lying to the American public about WMDs to start a war that got over 5,000 American military people killed , 35,000 American military people wounded, and hundreds of thousands of Iraq people killed. And what's even more delusional, his dumb followers are trying to blame our current President for the mess him, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld created in Middle East. Therefore, I guess as long as a person is the POTUS, they can say and do anything they want, even if it is WRONG. I'm glad I'm intelligent enough to recognize right from wrong.

By the way, I think you should beg Ole Meyers to be the head person on jSU's search committee.
I don't even see how you've found the time to even voice your opinion on Jackson state when SU has an endowment of less that $13 million and a declining enrollment. But then again when I think about it I CAN SEE WHY there endowment and enrollment is so low. Because there alumni to busy offering JSU there support. But hey, thanks. Can't complaint about that.

It's an old quote that my 4 year old twins nephews can recite. I guess since he was the president, he could say and do anything he wanted, which included lying to the American public about WMDs to start a war that got over 5,000 American military people killed , 35,000 American military people wounded, and hundreds of thousands of Iraq people killed. And what's even more delusional, his dumb followers are trying to blame our current President for the mess him, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld created in the Middle East. Therefore, I guess as long as a person is the POTUS, they can say and do anything they want, even if it is WRONG. I'm glad I'm intelligent enough to recognize right from wrong.

Should Myers focus on the new school of public health, which is supported by the governor and the new Southaven campus or JSU football search committee ???? See we at JSU have bigger fish to fry than that shit you talking about. We about to take down the third largest institution of higher learning in Mississippi that of USM while yall on the verge of exstinction !!! Seems like SU should stick to there own kind. How can the obese tell the slim about being in shape !!!

I don't even see how you've found the time to even voice your opinion on Jackson state when SU has an endowment of less that $13 million and a declining enrollment. But then again when I think about it I CAN SEE WHY there endowment and enrollment is so low. Because there alumni to busy offering JSU there support. But hey, thanks. Can't complaint about that.

More delusional thoughts!!! You do realize SU's enrollment has been on the rise since 2013. And this year, SU System has saw all its campuses enrollment increase for a total enrollment of approximately 13,000 students.

http://www.nola.com/education/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2013/09/southern_university_sees_enrol.html

Last edited:
Should Myers focus on the new school of public health, which is supported by the governor and the new Southaven campus or JSU football search committee ???? See we at JSU have bigger fish to fry than that shit you talking about. We about to take down the third largest institution of higher learning in Mississippi that of USM while yall on the verge of exstinction !!! Seems like SU should stick to there own kind. How can the obese tell the slim about being in shape !!!

How in the hell did this go from defending one of Bush's dumb wrongful quote to Meyer's focusing on growing jSU? If she was that focus, she would have left OMJ in place until the end of the season.

Also, I do believe jSU would have to fix their limited dorm situation before it could even think about topping the 10,000 enrollment mark.

When you do all that trying to explain that mean you don't have any ground to stand on. Jsu works speak for itself . That's the reason we work hard to have physical evidence of success so we don't have to explain. End of that !!! And this is a sports forum !! Take all that bro science elsewhere !!

More delusional thoughts!!! You do realize SU's enrollment has been on the rise since 2013. And this year, SU System has saw all its campuses enrollment increase for a total enrollment of approximately 13,000 students.

http://www.nola.com/education/baton-rouge/index.ssf/2013/09/southern_university_sees_enrol.html
Stop worrying about JSU and you would know SU once had 17,000 students with all campuses . 17,000 to 13,000 sounds like a decline to me. Jsu on the other hand, with only one campus went from 7000 to 10,000. Sounds like an incline to me. And thats a shame with three campuses only 13,000. Man if we had three campuses, the kkk would try to burn them down! Hell Msu only has 19,000. And yall have three campuses with an endowment of $12 million, seem like yall might need to sell one of them . Lol.

When you do all that trying to explain that mean you don't have any ground to stand on. Jsu works speak for itself . That's the reason we work hard to have physical evidence of success so we don't have to explain. End of that !!! And this is a sports forum !! Take all that bro science elsewhere !!

I guess the news links I provided are not enough physical evidence for you. And where did you read any HARD SCIENCE (physics, biology, chemistry, etc.) in one of my posts??? LOL!!!

Stop worrying about JSU and you would know SU once had 17,000 students with all campuses . 17,000 to 13,000 sounds like a decline to me. Jsu on the other hand, with only one campus went from 7000 to 10,000. Sounds like an incline to me. And thats a shame with three campuses only 13,000. Man if we had three campuses, the kkk would try to burn them down! Hell Msu only has 19,000. And yall have three campuses with an endowment of $12 million, seem like yall might need to sell one of them . Lol.

You do realize most things go in cycles and unlike jSU football team, SU is back on the upward cycle when it comes to enrollment. If we can go from 12,000 to 13,000 in less than two years with Piyush "Cut Education" Jindal as the governor, it definitely won't be long before SU reaches 17k and more in enrollment. I just hope by then, Meyers has figured out how to comfortably accommodate 10k students all at one time.

Last edited:
We having that same conversation at the barbershop right now.
I picked JSU to be a dark horse this year for a reason. The talent is there to beat anyone in the SWAC. JSU's numbers on paper prove it. With a week off and toughest stretch of the schedule behind them, McCall is getting a talented roster to work with with at a great time. The Grambling and Southern losses do not define what JSU can do on the field this season. JSU has made a good decision in making McCall the interim head coach. I think he will get those kids fired up.

Last edited:
I picked JSU to be a dark horse this year for a reason. The talent is there to beat anyone in the SWAC. JSU's numbers on paper prove it. With a week off and toughest stretch of the schedule behind them, McCall is getting a talented roster to work with with at a great time. The Grambling and Southern losses do not define what JSU can do on the field this season. JSU has made a good decision in making McCall the interim head coach. I think he will get those kids fired up.
Yea, I hope he lets coach Chang run his true offense. I feel coach Jackson had a rope on Chang . Where coach McCall heads needs to be is coming up with something for the defense honestly the offense Putting up 30pts. No offense is obligated to score 100 pts because of the defense giving up 75. If an offense is capable of putting up such points because of the defense allowing so much then that's fine but if not u can't fault the offense for not being able to put up 100. Honestly a good offense is one who can put up atleast 28 points. Our defense gives me a sour taste about winning here on out. This reminds me of valley back in the day. When valley had to put up 75 pts To win because there defense allowed 50. Coach Jackson was a great person but he was to soft. Hopefully McCall get aggressive in game day play calling. 4 and 1 !!!! Go for it. Hell with a damn field goal. Even tho our offense is putting up pints they are way to inconsistent. It's like for every good comes 2 bads. For every 1st down comes a 5 or 10 yard penalty. For every successful pass play comes a bad rushing play. For every successful run play comes to many Run plays back to back which results in a lost of yards.

Last edited:

I think giving Dooley a shot would be a smart move.

I also think some school needs to give Terrance Graves a shot as a HC somewhere. A wealth of experience and has the personality that could connect and unify a fanbase, and kids love to play for him.

Um.....TG has been a head coach

Sounds good...but only time will tell.

I just don't see that happening. This is a team that has lost by an average of 22 points per game, and struggled to beat a mediocre Texas Southern team at home. Even if they do go on a run, they'll be no closer to winning a championship because this unit has shown they can't beat the better teams in the SWAC.

We always talking about enrollment like that is the end all.. Yes SU enrollment is heading back up,, the most important aspect is academics through a decline in funding SU maintain the best nursing program (bsn, msn, and PhD) among all hbcu, when some of our best BCU, HAMPTON, NCAT AND Famu, and GSU that had accreditation problems etc,, the engineering program which is still one of the biggest producers of black engineers, and a computer science program that just added Cyber security program, or better yet a rehabilitation program that just receive over 3 million for its graduate program, or the number 10 rank nationally urban foresty program, and top 20 environmental toxicology program, or a PhD program for science and math education that was about to be ax by the university when team of four previous students created a organization that this year alone has 22 students in the program, from about 4, 3 years ago.. Stop equating big enrollments with better academics.. because 90% of our hbcu would of not maintain close to what SU did with the gut in funds like they suffered

Dude, we bout to run the table..nothing but sorry schools left.

See you in Houston!

We always talking about enrollment like that is the end all.. Yes SU enrollment is heading back up,, the most important aspect is academics through a decline in funding SU maintain the best nursing program (bsn, msn, and PhD) among all hbcu, when some of our best BCU, HAMPTON, NCAT AND Famu, and GSU that had accreditation problems etc,, the engineering program which is still one of the biggest producers of black engineers, and a computer science program that just added Cyber security program, or better yet a rehabilitation program that just receive over 3 million for its graduate program, or the number 10 rank nationally urban foresty program, and top 20 environmental toxicology program, or a PhD program for science and math education that was about to be ax by the university when team of four previous students created a organization that this year alone has 22 students in the program, from about 4, 3 years ago.. Stop equating big enrollments with better academics.. because 90% of our hbcu would of not maintain close to what SU did with the gut in funds like they suffered

Whatever...

Back