First preseason poll out...

AAMU Alum said:
All that mindless ranting goes back to exactly what mh posted. If JSU is "all that," there should have been some powerhouse 1-AA team out there beating your door down to get on your schedule in 06...

uuum, there were. :read:

In the last ten years, you can't find tougher HBCU schedule than JSU had. Even when we played other HBCU's, it was when they were on top. We played FAMU when they were MEAC champs, Howard as defending Heritage Bowl champs, A&T and Hampton as MEAC champs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Tigerpride said:
uuum, there were. :read:

In the last ten years, you can't find tougher HBCU schedule than JSU had. Even when we played other HBCU's, it was when they were on top. We played FAMU when they were MEAC champs,
ummmm, when FAMU whooped you a couple of years ago, they weren't MEAC champs.

:smh:

mighty hornet said:
ummmm, when FAMU whooped you a couple of years ago, they weren't MEAC champs.

:smh:

No, but they were only two years removed from being the MEAC champ and were predicted to finish near the top of the MEAC. Also, they are FAMU. Like TNState, they get an exception. TNState has only had about 3 winning seasons in the last 10 years and they are STILL a bigger draw than any BAMA. It's called bigtime.

damn, now you're trying to prop up that beatdown you took from FAMU as something to be proud of since they were "two years removed from being the MEAC champ". :smh:

(even though you had just tried to pass them off as the MEAC champs the year yall played)

Baghdad Bob TP strikes again.
:lol::lol:

Tigerpride said:
No, but they were only two years removed from being the MEAC champ and were predicted to finish near the top of the MEAC. Also, they are FAMU. Like TNState, they get an exception. TNState has only had about 3 winning seasons in the last 10 years and they are STILL a bigger draw than any BAMA. It's called bigtime.

I guess since they've been whippin your arse, the past four or five seasons, you'd say that.

Is there anyone's 'nads you won't grab hold to? First SU and Gram, then FAMU, now TnSU. :smh:

It's a sad program that has to try to "latch" on to others to elevate itself.

Talk about smalltime.

:(

mighty hornet said:
damn, now you're trying to prop up that beatdown you took from FAMU as something to be proud of since they were "two years removed from being the MEAC champ". :smh:

(even though you had just tried to pass them off as the MEAC champs the year yall played)

Baghdad Bob TP strikes again.
:lol::lol:

I was not talking about 2003 in the first post anyway. I was talking about our six game series in the 90's. Regardless, back then, FAMU was always in the top 3 of the MEAC.

MH, I don't know why I am arguing with you. You know we get to play who we want and you don't. :lmao:

Grambling doesn't want to join the OVC...we only want to have the option to play them if the opportunity presents itself and is in our best interest. No knock on them, but I don't think our fans would be interested in playing any of them as a home and home. The only reason I would want to play any 1AA is because it might be of interest to the locals around Grambling and entice them to come to the game.

I'm not anti-Bamian...I like the fact that we play yall because we recruit Bama pretty hard and very effectively. But the recent home games against AAMU has left a lot to be desired in terms of attendance. Why? Don't exactly know all the reason, but one reason is that our fans don't get very interested in that game. We even moved it to Shreveport and the attendance wasn't very good. Not blaming AAMU, but the simple fact is that our fans don't turn out for that game. Maybe both schools need to look at making that a neutral site game somewhere for two years to see if it can be more of a money maker. Either that or move it further back on the schedule.

Can someone explain to GR why SU and Gram people are upset that a pre season poll doesnt put you at the top of their poll? There is a reason you are not on top of those polls. You are garbage, HOT GARBAGE, especially Southern. Wait....this is the Sports board, the ass kissing version of sportstalk, so GR will instead say that your teams will not be that good in 2006.

You cant expect any respectable publication to place you high in a preseason poll. Everyone knows that Grambling is not productive without Bruce, and SU was 4-7 last year with not one ounce decent talent returning. Pete cant recruit with a barrell full of money on one side and a truck full of strippers on the other.

The only team with a reasonable gripe is A&M. Their main players are returning and they had someone of a winning streak. But A&M is who A&M is, so its no surprise that they get no respect. The publishers probably dont even know they are 1AA.

I defended the poll; but to put your stupid ARSE in your place...Jackson State wasn't even good enough to be a bottom BYACH.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Get Ready said:
Can someone explain to GR why SU and Gram people are upset that a pre season poll doesnt put you at the top of their poll? There is a reason you are not on top of those polls. You are garbage, HOT GARBAGE, especially Southern. Wait....this is the Sports board, the ass kissing version of sportstalk, so GR will instead say that your teams will not be that good in 2006.

You cant expect any respectable publication to place you high in a preseason poll. Everyone knows that Grambling is not productive without Bruce, and SU was 4-7 last year with not one ounce decent talent returning. Pete cant recruit with a barrell full of money on one side and a truck full of strippers on the other.

The only team with a reasonable gripe is A&M. Their main players are returning and they had someone of a winning streak. But A&M is who A&M is, so its no surprise that they get no respect. The publishers probably dont even know they are 1AA.

Get Ready said:

Without the smack talk soemof what you say is right. That's why i aint complaining casue gram or su aint beat non of the top 5 unless its a meac school in there.

BEAT FOLKS !!!!!!!1

SCHEDULE SOMEBODY AND GET RID OF THSI MANDATE!!!!!!

NOW IF THEY SCRAP THE MANDATE FROM HELL AND WE ARE STILL SCHEDULING CONCORDIA, MILES, PAUL QUINN, THEN WE NEED OUR AZZ KICKED !!!!!!!!

BEAT SOMEBODY AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT POLLS !!!

UNTI BEAT UP ON MILES, CONCORDIA, BYRON ALLEN LICOLN OR WHOEVE AND BE HAPPY BEING CHAMPS OF A SMALL PORTION OF 1AA !!!!

I WANNA BE THE BEST IN 1AA PERIOD!!!!!!!!

DAYUM PRESIDENTS COUNCIL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Ready said:
:lmao:
Well, I was trying not to be the one to say it.....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Get Ready said:

Wow get ready removed his head from the hole of embarassment. So does this mean you're not on strike anymore?

Get Ready said:

They sure as hell know y'all's ass is 1-AA....the international laughing stock (thanks mh) of 1-AA!

That is all.

MikeBigg said:

I'm not anti-Bamian...I like the fact that we play yall because we recruit Bama pretty hard and very effectively. But the recent home games against AAMU has left a lot to be desired in terms of attendance. Why? Don't exactly know all the reason, but one reason is that our fans don't get very interested in that game. We even moved it to Shreveport and the attendance wasn't very good. Not blaming AAMU, but the simple fact is that our fans don't turn out for that game. Maybe both schools need to look at making that a neutral site game somewhere for two years to see if it can be more of a money maker. Either that or move it further back on the schedule.
Real FANS will be there no matter who is playing.... now onlookers are different... I would rather have 5,000 FANS at a game rather than 15,000 ONLOOKERS at a game. The GSU game works out aight with us... there are more people (onlookers) there since it is usually the first home game in the schedule..

Back