T43. Brown (9)
T43. Southern University (9)
45. South Dakota State (8)
46. Wofford (7)
47. Penn (6)
T48. Missouri State (5)
T48. Towson (5)
T48. Villanova (5)

What is the basis of the rankings for teams 2 thru 29? Particularly in comparison to their 2005 record and Grambling's 2005 record. Didn't those teams lose players as well? I noticed TxState ranked above Grambling... I also know that they lost their "do everything" qb Barrick Nealy. There is no objectivity in the ranking of these teams.

MikeBigg said:
What is the basis of the rankings for teams 2 thru 29? Particularly in comparison to their 2005 record and Grambling's 2005 record. Didn't those teams lose players as well? I noticed TxState ranked above Grambling... I also know that they lost their "do everything" qb Barrick Nealy. There is no objectivity in the ranking of these teams.

I was thinking the same thing. This has to be one of the most jacked up polls ever!

:smh:

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
dang we couldn't get a vote!

Those dummies over there don't really know anyone well in the SWAC but S.U. & Gram. :lol: :emlaugh:

JROCK said:
Those dummies over there don't really know anyone well in the SWAC but S.U. & Gram. :lol: :emlaugh:
Okay!!! We all know that the SWAC only has three teams 1). Grambling, 2). JSU, and 3). SU.....:lmao:

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
dang we couldn't get a vote!
UR kiddin right............:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

END THE MANDATE FORM HELL SO THE SWAC CAN GO OUT SCHEDULE SOMEBODY AND BEAT SOME OF THESE FOLKS !!!!!

Look at eseason gramblin had last season and we only lose bruce and everything will be much better and we can't even crack teh top 25. Gee i wonder why !!!!!!!!!!

MANDATE SUCKS!!!!

Imagine what some wins against northwestern state (SOrry Pete) or mcneese would do in teh polls not like i care or anythin. I JUST WANNA KICK THEY AZZ FROM TIME TO TIME !!!!!!!!!

STC_60 said:

END THE MANDATE FORM HELL SO THE SWAC CAN GO OUT SCHEDULE SOMEBODY AND BEAT SOME OF THESE FOLKS !!!!!
Look at eseason gramblin had last season and we only lose bruce and everything will be much better and we can't even crack teh top 25. Gee i wonder why !!!!!!!!!!

MANDATE SUCKS!!!!

Imagine what some wins against northwestern state (SOrry Pete) or mcneese would do in teh polls not like i care or anythin. I JUST WANNA KICK THEY AZZ FROM TIME TO TIME !!!!!!!!!
:nod: :nod: Agree STC!!

G-Man75 said:
Okay!!! We all know that the SWAC only has three teams 1). Grambling, 2). JSU, and 3). SU.....:lmao:

I was tellin you all this last year. AAMU was 9-2 and unranked. ANY JSU team with 9 wins would be ranked at least #15-20.

STC_60 said:

MANDATE SUCKS!!!!

GSU is a top 25 team no matter what that poll said.

Tigerpride said:
I was tellin you all this last year. AAMU was 9-2 and unranked. ANY JSU team with 9 wins would be ranked at least #15-20.

I have to agree. Alabama A&M is getting NO LOVE!!!! :uhoh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We are still the best average school in America. We don't expect a ranking therefore we can never be disappointed. However, we will field another average team that will beat all 3 of the Former Big Three this year. I love BCF inspited of those who think winning games will bring recognition. Our 9-3 record was not too bad for the best average school in America. Please note we were just 3 games from an undefeated season. Not bad for the best average school in America. It all depends on how you look at things that determine your desired results.

CATMENDUE2 said:
GSU is a top 25 team no matter what that poll said.

I think so too but it aint my poll either. We will see if this mandate from hell is put to death who is worthy of top 25 status once we get nwst,mcneese back on the field, and others who are in the top 25.

"TO BE THE MAN YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN "---- RIC FLAIR

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
PBLA...that's one game...just like Grambling's game with Houston. The problem is we play 9 games in a conference that is not respected.

I gotcha. Maybe the SWAC should look at the OVC. Their first four games are non-conference.

pbla said:
I gotcha. Maybe the SWAC should look at the OVC. Their first four games are non-conference.

The Presidents of these swac schools don't seem to to get that idea!! They wonder why the conference is not respected. .:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

SEPT 16 CAN'T GET HERE QUICK ENOUGH FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

I am not attempting to disrespect the SWAC...but how many of the SWAC schools play any of the teams in the top 25 of that poll?

Yet, we (The SWAC) brags about kicking each others behind but get mad when none of our schools are in the pre-season poll. See we want big money games but how can we do that with out the respect given. The SWAC could be a BIG MONEY conference if promoted the right way. The SWAC bases its success off of what? The SWAC Championship game that quite honestly benefits schools only with bragging rights. I would love for someone to post how much schools have made off the SWAC Championship game. WE are HBCU's but should we "limit" our games to ONLY HBCUs?

I personally feel that there should not be a council of Presidents. What's the significance of the SWAC Office if the rules are made by the schools. Now aid me if I am wrong but where is the policy making decisions made, and who formulates the policies to be prepared for initiation?

Do I believe Grambling should be higher? No. Last year we played 12 games. Won 11. Two of which were played against the same the team, one against Concordia, and the game we lost was against Washinton State which was a blow out. Yet, we (Grambling) is the signature school for the SWAC along with Southern whether we like it our not. Now that's not saying too much.

Look at the number of schools in Illinois that UAPB could play. Look at Texas where TxSouthern and PV could expand to, the Louisiana schools...so many lower I-A schools that could be a sell out for Grambling and Southern. What's the problem with AAMU and Alabama St. playing Georgia Southern or UAB? I'm just not seeing why the SWAC should be in the Top 25 because quite frankly the larger percentage of our competition is not even IN the Top 50.

Then by not playing these teams and beating each other we feel our coaching and players are top notch. Top notch against EACH other and not other teams with the right numbers could possibly be contenders in mid range bowls in I-A.

In short we have go to get off our block.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
I am not attempting to disrespect the SWAC...but how many of the SWAC schools play any of the teams in the top 25 of that poll?

Yet, we (The SWAC) brags about kicking each others behind but get mad when none of our schools are in the pre-season poll. See we want big money games but how can we do that with out the respect given. The SWAC could be a BIG MONEY conference if promoted the right way. The SWAC bases its success off of what? The SWAC Championship game that quite honestly benefits schools only with bragging rights. I would love for someone to post how much schools have made off the SWAC Championship game. WE are HBCU's but should we "limit" our games to ONLY HBCUs?

I personally feel that there should not be a council of Presidents. What's the significance of the SWAC Office if the rules are made by the schools. Now aid me if I am wrong but where is the policy making decisions made, and who formulates the policies to be prepared for initiation?

Do I believe Grambling should be higher? No. Last year we played 12 games. Won 11. Two of which were played against the same the team, one against Concordia, and the game we lost was against Washinton State which was a blow out. Yet, we (Grambling) is the signature school for the SWAC along with Southern whether we like it our not. Now that's not saying too much.

Look at the number of schools in Illinois that UAPB could play. Look at Texas where TxSouthern and PV could expand to, the Louisiana schools...so many lower I-A schools that could be a sell out for Grambling and Southern. What's the problem with AAMU and Alabama St. playing Georgia Southern or UAB? I'm just not seeing why the SWAC should be in the Top 25 because quite frankly the larger percentage of our competition is not even IN the Top 50.

Then by not playing these teams and beating each other we feel our coaching and players are top notch. Top notch against EACH other and not other teams with the right numbers could possibly be contenders in mid range bowls in I-A.

In short we have go to get off our block.

You know u goin upset some folks right ???:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I see my hard work has rubbed off on you !!!!

Folks seem to think that whoopin up on swac folks will get them ranked and blowing out concordia and pv will get them ranked also. I think gram was of a caliber top 25 team, last year but who knows. Who did we play in the top 25 last year. If we wer to play someone from the top 25 who knows what woudl happen.

FUNNY THING IS FOLKS WANNA COMPLAIN WHEN THESE POLLS COME OUT AND OUR SCHOOLS GET ROLLED AGAINST THESE SCHOOLS!!!!!!

U can not lose these games against these folks. Whether its mcnees @home or souteastern or whoever.

WE HAVE TO WIN THESE GAMES AND NOT ALMOST WIN THEM !!!!

I don't care about the poll casue i am a REALIST!!!!

SCHEDULE SOMEBODY!!! BEAT SOMEBODY OTHER THAN EACH OTHER!!!

DAYUM PRESIDENTS RETARDED I TELL YA !!!!!!!!!!

pbla said:

I think the OVC only has 8 teams.

Mike Bigg, don't any sleep over preaseason polls dude. Preaseason polls are the biggest joke around, outside of the consensus #1 team, they're rarely right, especially the in top 15 half of the poll. I've rarely seen a preseason top 15 that holds true after 3 weeks (when everybody has had at least one game). I don't know how many times they've had teams overrated, and a team underrated. The majority of the time, they're used just to sell magazines over the summer.

NICE

Back