First preseason poll out...

Jag-BR said:
1)Grambling vs Hampton
2)MVSU @ NDSU
3)UAPB vs Southern Illinois!

Grambling v. Houston as well...

I just don't think the SWAC is focusing on enough I-AA powerhouses...but hey that's just me.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
D-NICE said:
I think the OVC only has 8 teams...
The OVC has nine teams for football, 10 next year with Austin Peay coming back.

2006:
Eastern Illinois
Eastern Kentucky
Jacksonville State
Murray State
Samford
Southeast Missouri St.
Tennessee-Martin
Tennessee State
Tennessee Tech

MightyDog said:
Ralph see if you can get the Former Big Three to join them.

MD,

You must be the SWAC version of Judas. :lol: :emlaugh: Ralph will NOT take your silver back so don't even beg. :lol: :emlaugh:

( I guess you will do just about anything to get a trophy in that empty case) :lol: :emlaugh:

JROCK said:
MD,

You must be the SWAC version of Judas. :lol: :emlaugh: Ralph will NOT take your silver back so don't even beg. :lol: :emlaugh:

( I guess you will do just about anything to get a trophy in that empty case) :lol: :emlaugh:

JROCK, just a few years ago, all the Former Big Three had to do was win against each other and they were champs. Now that you have a new Big Three whereas it is difficult for you to trade championships you former big three want to blame it on the 9 game schedule. The proper thing to do for all members of the former big three is join the OVC. Then you can have everything you wish for. By leaving the SWAC we can add Fort Valley and Albany St. Contact your school President and AD and let them know you want to join the OVC.

MD,

It "shole" looks like the S.O.S to me. :lol: :emlaugh: I am going to buy me some Wild Turkey and see if yours truly can hallucinate to your level. :lol: :emlaugh:

Last 10 SWAC Champions

Jackson St. (MS)
7-0-0

Jackson St. (MS)
6-1-0

Southern (LA)
8-0-0

Southern (LA)
8-0-0

Southern (LA)
9-0-0

Grambling St. (LA)
6-1-0

Grambling St. (LA)
8-1-0

Grambling St. (LA)
6-1-0

Southern (LA)
6-1-0

Alabama St.
6-1-0

Grambling St. (LA)
9-0-0

(damn shame) :lol: :emlaugh:

MightyDog said:
are you talking about EKU, EIU and Murray State... don't forget Jacksonville State etc....

MightyDog said:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

These folks from the former big three just get on here posturing, but they aint crazy (at least I don't think most of 'em are)

For all their grandstanding, in the past couple of years, they've had chances to play whoever they wanted. They played Concordia, Paul Quinn, Langston, and the Bunny Rabbit School.

oh well, carry on....

mighty hornet said:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

These folks from the former big three just get on here posturing, but they aint crazy (at least I don't think most of 'em are)

For all their grandstanding, in the past couple of years, they've had chances to play whoever they wanted. They played Concordia, Paul Quinn, Langston, and the Bunny Rabbit School.

oh well, carry on....

:tup:

mighty hornet said:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

oh well, carry on....

I bet your Alabama tail couldn't wait to tap dance for Mr. Char......errrhh I mean Ralph. :lol: :emlaugh:

MightyDog said:
Help the former Big Three join the OVC.

5-10 years.....................it won't be no OVC though. Somebody is going to make the first move, then the other 2 to 3 schools will follow. Just watch. The older heads are losing power at our schools every day. Soon there will be some out of the box thinking Presidents in charge of our campuses. I can't wait for that day to come. :D

mighty hornet said:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

oh well, carry on....

Grandstanding is all that you and MD know how to do, it must be in the water over there in bama. Jackson State has had all kind of trouble scheduling good non-conference games because of the 9-game mandate and still we have managed to play decent Division I-AA teams only. No Division II or NAIA schools. This is the first year since the mandate we have had a lower division school on our schedule. While Alabama State plays a lower division school every year in Tuskegee (and lose) and Alabama A&M played Allen in 2005. :goof: Allen was the replacement for that powerful Division I-AA independent Savannah State who A&M played two straight years before that. I'm impressed. :D Then, between the two of you -- A&M and ASU -- who've got ONE SWAC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP :smh: Nuff said.....:shh:

The results: Few championships + losses to Tuskegee=smalltime

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Mr. Tiger said:
Grandstanding is all that you and MD know how to do, it must be in the water over there in bama. Jackson State has had all kind of trouble scheduling good non-conference games because of the 9-game mandate and still we have managed to play decent Division I-AA teams only. No Division II or NAIA schools. This is the first year since the mandate we have had a lower division school on our schedule. While Alabama State plays a lower division school every year in Tuskegee (and lose) and Alabama A&M played Allen in 2005. :goof: Allen was the replacement for that powerful Division I-AA independent Savannah State who A&M played two straight years before that. I'm impressed. :D Then, between the two of you -- A&M and ASU -- who've got ONE SWAC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP :smh: Nuff said.....:shh:

The results: Few championships + losses to Tuskegee=smalltime

All that mindless ranting goes back to exactly what mh posted. If JSU is "all that," there should have been some powerhouse 1-AA team out there beating your door down to get on your schedule in 06, so you wouldn't be playing the Mighty Quinn.

And just in case you've forgotten, it's 2006...that means TEN YEARS since YOUR last championship. What you won last century doesn't mean a damned thing in the new millenium.

You need to save all that posturing and self bravado for someone who doesn't know any different, because just like The Orange County (CA) Register used to say in their tv commercials..."We Know Better."

Mr. Tiger said:
Grandstanding is all that you and MD know how to do, it must be in the water over there in bama. Jackson State has had all kind of trouble scheduling good non-conference games
but let yall tell it, everybody suppose to want to play JSU, right? (I guess they know an easy win when they see one LOL, but I digress)

The fact is, you former big 3 aint big to nobody but yourselves.

and the international laughingstock that JSU has become makes it even crazier for you all to be on here "acting on big orders".

oh well, I guess it's the mandate's fault (or either the Bamas) that yall scheduled NAIA Paul Quinn, as opposed to GaSouthern or another "decent Division I-AA school"
:snicker:

:lol: @ international laughingstock

Don't do it, mh...don't go get those pics of the li'l Chine-see children, and the Japanese and Middle Easterners bustin' a gut at JSU. ;)

:lol:

AAMU Alum said:

Don't do it, mh...don't go get those pics of the li'l Chine-see children, and the Japanese and Middle Easterners bustin' a gut at JSU. ;)

:ebrow:
:lol::lol:
I was looking at that a couple of weeks ago.

Matt Dougherty (sportsnetwork.com): The most deserving team that should have made the top 25 was Grambling State

AAMU Alum said:

And somewhere out there some Japanese kid is reading these posts and saying "Cho Cha Cang. Wa Wo Ho Wo."
Translation: "Who the hell is Alabama State and Alabama A&M? They must be smalltime" :lmao:

Mr. Tiger said:
And somewhere out there some Japanese kid is reading these posts and saying "Cho Cha Cang. Wa Wo Ho Wo."
Translation: "Who the hell is Alabama State and Alabama A&M? They must be smalltime" :lmao:

lame

:lame:

and there is still this to contend with:

55m.jpg

"Come on, wid-out
come on, wid-in,
you ain't seen nuthin' like the Mighty Quinn."

AAMU Alum said:
lame

:lame:

and there is still this to contend with:

55m.jpg

"Come on, wid-out
come on, wid-in,
you ain't seen nuthin' like the Mighty Quinn."

That Japanese kid's statement got AAMU Alum so rattled that he forgot to post the picture correctly. :lmao:

Ralph said:
Matt Dougherty (sportsnetwork.com): The most deserving team that should have made the top 25 was Grambling State

Matt is correct. Gram might even be in the middle of the pack, anywhere from 12-17 would not be overating them.

Back