FCS Power Rankings {Here come the BRAVES again}

Most of our schools already have the tools needed to field a successful football team on the field. A Weight Room, Track, Practice Field, Filming Equipment, Film Room, Practice Drill Gear and Bleachers are all you need to field a competitive football team from a Drill, Strength and Conditioning Standpoint.

Nutrition wise, Football Players should be responsible for their own nutrition. They eat free in the school cafeteria like everyone else so it falls on THEM to take care of their bodies and not poison it. Nearly all schools have a nutrition department so getting knowledge about what and not to eat/drink should not be difficult. All these videos of nutritionists at Alabama, Ohio State, etc. are just FOR SHOW!!! That is it. The Players are ultimately responsible for their own nutrition and well-being. Do you see NFL and NBA Players with Nutritionists standing over them 24/7?

Some people on here talk about Supplements, etc. Well, have you all forgotten that supplements are available at a GNC Store? The SWAC could get into a Business Deal and build GNCs on campus or give discounts to students where located.

Some of these coaches are making $5M to $10M per year. They aren't going to risk losing that good job because the starting RB was eating Twinkies and drinking sodas all summer. Throwing $200K at a nutritional staff is well worth the investment. Plus, NFL players can't always use what's on the shelves at GNC. Any supplement they take has to be approved by the team physician and nutritional staff.

Most of our schools already have the tools needed to field a successful football team on the field. A Weight Room, Track, Practice Field, Filming Equipment, Film Room, Practice Drill Gear and Bleachers are all you need to field a competitive football team from a Drill, Strength and Conditioning Standpoint.

Nutrition wise, Football Players should be responsible for their own nutrition. They eat free in the school cafeteria like everyone else so it falls on THEM to take care of their bodies and not poison it. Nearly all schools have a nutrition department so getting knowledge about what and not to eat/drink should not be difficult. All these videos of nutritionists at Alabama, Ohio State, etc. are just FOR SHOW!!! That is it. The Players are ultimately responsible for their own nutrition and well-being. Do you see NFL and NBA Players with Nutritionists standing over them 24/7?

Some people on here talk about Supplements, etc. Well, have you all forgotten that supplements are available at a GNC Store? The SWAC could get into a Business Deal and build GNCs on campus or give discounts to students where located.

So I don't see how we the SWAC can grow from a football standpoint when a Good Football Coach sees we pretty much have the tools to be successful already on campus.
You are dreaming.. Do you think Alcorn just became champions because of they have a field, a trck and a weight room? If so, why were they not champions before? Do you remember when they had to shine car lights onto the practice field? It takes MONEY and glitz to win championships. Why, because it takes money to impress recruits to come to our schools. If we cannot get better recruits, then, we cannot compete with the bigger and better financed schools. Recruits want to see nice things and need to have a nutritionist and top notch conditioning programs to get the best out of them. Look at who makes the largest financial investment into their program and usually, you will see a program that is always competitive.

So I don't see how we the SWAC can grow from a football standpoint when a Good Football Coach sees we pretty much have the tools to be successful already on campus.

image.gif

Some people type because they are fascinated with their words on the screen, logic is dead, Gram not good? Doug Williams is gone rotfl

You are dreaming.. Do you think Alcorn just became champions because of they have a field, a trck and a weight room? If so, why were they not champions before? Do you remember when they had to shine car lights onto the practice field? It takes MONEY and glitz to win championships. Why, because it takes money to impress recruits to come to our schools. If we cannot get better recruits, then, we cannot compete with the bigger and better financed schools. Recruits want to see nice things and need to have a nutritionist and top notch conditioning programs to get the best out of them. Look at who makes the largest financial investment into their program and usually, you will see a program that is always competitive.

Why Hopson have to spend some of his own money for the program when Alcorn had been playing Money Games before Hopson even got there? All that money from those money games should have been enough to pay for the things Hopson said he needed before he even got there. Where did the Money go?

Or as I and many others have suspected all along: these money games are nothing more than a "front" for something deeper and sad going on at our HBCUs.

Every time I use to compare the SWAC to say a McNeese and/or a SE Louisiana, Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, etc. we would always use the excuse "Well they have nicer facilities than us" blah blah blah.

We can compete in FCS and as the talent and coaching improves in the SWAC, our FCS Rankings will improve. The Legitamcy of the Celebration Bowl will definitely begin to be questioned. We should have been ashamed that PV couldn't have had a shot in the FCS Playoffs last year....and the sadder part is that HBCU Alums on this board were the main ones against them having a shot.

Why Hopson have to spend some of his own money for the program when Alcorn had been playing Money Games before Hopson even got there? All that money from those money games should have been enough to pay for the things Hopson said he needed before he even got there. Where did the Money go?

Or as I and many others have suspected all along: these money games are nothing more than a "front" for something deeper and sad going on at our HBCUs.

Every time I use to compare the SWAC to say a McNeese and/or a SE Louisiana, Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, etc. we would always use the excuse "Well they have nicer facilities than us" blah blah blah.

We can compete in FCS and as the talent and coaching improves in the SWAC, our FCS Rankings will improve. The Legitamcy of the Celebration Bowl will definitely begin to be questioned. We should have been ashamed that PV couldn't have had a shot in the FCS Playoffs last year....and the sadder part is that HBCU Alums on this board were the main ones against them having a shot.
The Celebration Bowl is one of best things to happen for the SWAC and FCS in general. No other FCS conference has an opportunity for its winner to go play in a bowl game and get a 750k payout. Most other FCS conferences would love to have this option. Who won the FCS national championship last year? Who was the runner up? Compare there financial donations to that of the best supported SWAC football program.

The Celebration Bowl is one of best things to happen for the SWAC and FCS in general. No other FCS conference has an opportunity for its winner to go play in a bowl game and get a 750k payout. Most other FCS conferences would love to have this option. Who won the FCS national championship last year? Who was the runner up? Compare there financial donations to that of the best supported SWAC football program.
Let's not assume that it's the Celebration Bowl OR the playoffs. It should and can be both. AS we build our competitiveness, there is no reason that we cannot send at least one team to the playoffs also.

I remember there was a time Alcorn only had day games.

AS we build our competitiveness, there is no reason that we cannot send at least one team to the playoffs also.

As we have tried to convince those misguided folks on that other board, the 5-6 eligible teams (Grambling and SU are automatically eliminated every year, Alabama State (TDC), JSU and Alcorn will be automatically eliminated this year) remaining CAN go to the FCS playoffs if their OOC schedule is strong enough. Think this can seriously be achieved next year with the 4 OOC games so teams can schedule games if they have an interest in doing so

As we have tried to convince those misguided folks on that other board, the 5-6 eligible teams (Grambling and SU are automatically eliminated every year, Alabama State (TDC), JSU and Alcorn will be automatically eliminated this year) remaining CAN go to the FCS playoffs if their OOC schedule is strong enough. Think this can seriously be achieved next year with the 4 OOC games so teams can schedule games if they have an interest in doing so

But wait though....what if Alabama A&M is ranked #5 in the FCS Poll and Valley is ranked #4 and you two decide to play each other as one of their OOC Game lol.

Dang dude I just had to set something straight for you. Even Stephen F Austin, McNeese and SE Louisiana as well as USM all play MONEY games. This isn't just a SWAC and MEAC thing this is all smaller schools. Please take the time to research that. What those schools have that the SWAC doesn't are donors that give more than $10k a pop and don't even question how its used just as long as its towards the athletic program. Those schools have many big money donors or maybe one big donor where as we don't have those type in the SWAC. Man you got people that wanna know where $100 goes in the SWAC.

So until YOU give more money, yea they will always have better facilities.

Dang dude I just had to set something straight for you. Even Stephen F Austin, McNeese and SE Louisiana as well as USM all play MONEY games. This isn't just a SWAC and MEAC thing this is all smaller schools. Please take the time to research that. What those schools have that the SWAC doesn't are donors that give more than $10k a pop and don't even question how its used just as long as its towards the athletic program. Those schools have many big money donors or maybe one big donor where as we don't have those type in the SWAC. Man you got people that wanna know where $100 goes in the SWAC.

+1

I get so sick of folks comparing HBCUs to PWC at the FCS level.

Smh...Better Facilities?!?! Dude...A Squat Rack is a Squat Rack. A Bench Press is a Bench Press. A Track is a Track. Bleachers are Bleachers.

I guess from your perspective, running on Aluminum Bleachers is somehow different from running on Concrete Bleachers.

A Practice Field is a Practice Field. If it is chalked up with a Lineman Sled, a Field Goal, Grass Cut, and drill equipment, no reason why you don't do the same.

HBCU Alums like yourself give WAYYYY to much credit to FBS Schools when High Schools basically do the same thing. You have some of the Top High Schools with the same equipment we do and they are successful. The only difference between High School and College is Recruiting and even THAT is WAYYY Overrated. You don't how a kid is going to perform in College until you get him on campus and in Camp.

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses BTW goodolebrave, Explain this:

Alcorn Braves 2002-2016 OOC FCS/HBCUs (includes lower division HBCUs)

2002 Hampton : Won 27-23
2002 Fort Valley State : Won 10-7
2002 Samford : Loss 34-25

2003 SF Austin : Loss 60-7
2003 Fort Valley State: Loss 31-20
2003 SE Louisiana: Won 27-24

2004 North Carolina A&T: Won 15-13
2004 Howard: Loss 17-10
2004 SE Louisiana: Won 33-27

2005 SE Louisiana : Loss 48-21
2005 Langston: Won 24-7

2006 Morehouse : Won 23-6

Dr. Johnny's Record against OOC FCS / HBCUs (including Lower Division): 7-5. Keep in Mind according to Hopson, the facilities were "poor"

2010: Langston: Won 50-27 (But yet Alcornites on the Board say they can't play more well-known D2 HBCUs like Tuskegee smh)

2012: James Madison (Loss: 42-3)
2015: North Carolina A&T (Loss 41-34)

Hopson's Record vs. FCS: 0-2 (This BTW with "Better" facilities than Dr. Johnny.

STOP THE LIEING!!!!!!! Dr. Johnny was competing against FCS Opponents with lesser facilities and resources than Hopson.

Last edited:
Smh...Better Facilities?!?! Dude...A Squat Rack is a Squat Rack. A Bench Press is a Bench Press. A Track is a Track. Bleachers are Bleachers.

I guess from your perspective, running on Aluminum Bleachers is somehow different from running on Concrete Bleachers.

A Practice Field is a Practice Field. If it is chalked up with a Lineman Sled, a Field Goal, Grass Cut, and drill equipment, no reason why you don't do the same.

HBCU Alums like yourself give WAYYYY to much credit to FBS Schools when High Schools basically do the same thing. You have some of the Top High Schools with the same equipment we do and they are successful. The only difference between High School and College is Recruiting and even THAT is WAYYY Overrated. You don't how a kid is going to perform in College until you get him on campus and in Camp.

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses BTW goodolebrave, Explain this:

Alcorn Braves 2002-2016 OOC FCS/HBCUs (includes lower division HBCUs)

2002 Hampton : Won 27-23
2002 Fort Valley State : Won 10-7
2002 Samford : Loss 34-25

2003 SF Austin : Loss 60-7
2003 Fort Valley State: Loss 31-20
2003 SE Louisiana: Won 27-24

2004 North Carolina A&T: Won 15-13
2004 Howard: Loss 17-10
2004 SE Louisiana: Won 33-27

2005 SE Louisiana : Loss 48-21
2005 Langston: Won 24-7

2006 Morehouse : Won 23-6

Dr. Johnny's Record against OOC FCS / HBCUs (including Lower Division): 7-5. Keep in Mind according to Hopson, the facilities were "poor"

2010: Langston: Won 50-27 (But yet Alcornites on the Board say they can't play more well-known D2 HBCUs like Tuskegee smh)

2012: James Madison (Loss: 42-3)
2015: North Carolina A&T (Loss 41-34)

Hopson's Record vs. FCS: 0-2 (This BTW with "Better" facilities than Dr. Johnny.

STOP THE LIEING!!!!!!! Dr. Johnny was competing against FCS Opponents with lesser facilities and resources than Hopson.

You just like typing dumb S%$T! And under Dr. Thomas how many SWAC championships did we win or better yet sniff? We had our worst, I said worst record in school history under that dude and you are actually using him as a benchmark?!!!

I see its neither dog food or dope, you on some synthetic drugs that hadn't even hit the streets.

Again, how many SWAC championships did Dr. Thomas win? Leave them drugs alone.

I see its neither dog food or dope, you on some synthetic drugs that hadn't even hit the streets.

raw

You just like typing dumb S%$T! And under Dr. Thomas how many SWAC championships did we win or better yet sniff? We had our worst, I said worst record in school history under that dude and you are actually using him as a benchmark?!!!

image.jpeg

I love taking the Truth Drug. See, you went from talking about rankings and facilities to Championships. Stay on Topic. Everyone isn't dumb because you obviously cannot engage in truthful debate.

Now again, explain Dr. Johnny going 7-4 against OOC FCS and HBCU (no matter the classification) and Hopson with purportedly better facilities, going 0-2. Did you see how pitiful our team looked in the Celebration Bowl?!?

See, here is what the you "Hopson Can Do No Wrong" Alcornites don't understand: Hopson did not like to compete. Why give Hopson all the resources in the world when he didn't even like to Compete against fellow OOC HBCUs? But my argument clearly shows Dr. Johnny had some success against FCS Opponents.

I appreciate Hopson for what he did at Alcorn but I am also disappointed that he did not exercise the "full potential" of the Championship caliber team by playing more OOC FCS like a SE Louisiana, a McNeese State, a Stephen F. Austin, a Sam Houston State, etc. Then for Alcorn to play that bad in the Celebration Bowl further fuels my point that Hopson helped Alcorn....but he didn't help the SWAC. Yes there is a difference.

Your life on here will be a lot easier when you put him on ignore

Back