3. Dayton
4. Sam Houston State
5. Richmond
6. McNeese State
7. Alcorn State
8. North Carolina A & T
9. Prairie View A&M ;):eek:
10. Bethune-Cookman

It's amazing they have 4 HBCU's in the Top 10. Watch you may not even see 1 in their Top 25 rankings when they come out.

We get our shot at Sam Houston State in 2017... At home

And again in 2018 at their place ($$$)

http://redzoneinsider.blogspot.com/2016/05/fcs-power-rankings.html?m=1

I'm borrowing this from that other thread. Now looking at this, the SWAC and other HBCU's are well-represented. Although it's only preseason, it goes to show that we have teams that are just as well-respected as the PWC's.

There is nothing that suggests we would be better-served in D2. What they'd better hope is that 8 or 10 programs don't get together and move up to BCS. The P5's will sustain but the Sun Belts and CUSA's will be forced to adjust.

Ok...you all know what my question is. How did Prairie View make this pre-season poll but not GSU? I get Alcorn, North Carolina A&T, and Bethune Cookman but having Prairie View without GSU is interesting.

Now I am not saying that PV should not be there because they SHOULD!!! Hell PV should have been in the playoffs. Yet, GSU should be there as well.

On the other hand I think they are gauging teams based on the players that were lost to graduation.

I'm on the fence about South Carolina State.

This will be an interesting season.

What the Pro-Celebration Bowl folks didn't realize or even take into account is that the SWAC Talent and COACHING in Football has IMPROVED in 2012-2016 vs. in 2005-2011. I am still dumbfounded as to why people will not give PV credit for the win against Stephen F. Austin a few years ago. That win to me symbolized the turning point in SWAC Football being more COMPETITIVE. The talent level was getting back to where it needed to be.

The more SWAC Teams in the FCS Top 25 or even FCS 10, the more the legitimacy of the Celebration Bowl will be questioned. Why should one team represent the Conference in the Celebration Bowl when other teams can possibly make noise in the playoffs.

Keep in Mind, A&T got in the Celebration Bowl via a three way tie.

Screw the Playoffs. Teams end up spending more money to go and play those games. We have a good thing going with the SCG and Celebration Bowl. Only thing missing is a kick-off classic, but the Disney thing is a work in progress. Moving the game away from Orlando was a good move, IMO. We need to be concerned about revenue and growth.

Most of our schools already have the tools needed to field a successful football team on the field. A Weight Room, Track, Practice Field, Filming Equipment, Film Room, Practice Drill Gear and Bleachers are all you need to field a competitive football team from a Drill, Strength and Conditioning Standpoint.

Nutrition wise, Football Players should be responsible for their own nutrition. They eat free in the school cafeteria like everyone else so it falls on THEM to take care of their bodies and not poison it. Nearly all schools have a nutrition department so getting knowledge about what and not to eat/drink should not be difficult. All these videos of nutritionists at Alabama, Ohio State, etc. are just FOR SHOW!!! That is it. The Players are ultimately responsible for their own nutrition and well-being. Do you see NFL and NBA Players with Nutritionists standing over them 24/7?

Some people on here talk about Supplements, etc. Well, have you all forgotten that supplements are available at a GNC Store? The SWAC could get into a Business Deal and build GNCs on campus or give discounts to students where located.

So I don't see how we the SWAC can grow from a football standpoint when a Good Football Coach sees we pretty much have the tools to be successful already on campus.

Back