FCS considering "bowl-like" title game

That's what they said (on Facebook) when AAMU did the unity show with UAB. Can't remember the other school that did it recently but they said the same thing as well. Them folks were fire mad when folks said "we don't need to do joint shows with them".

I'd rather see AAMU do a joint show with Tuskegee or Miles than UAB or JSU and they wouldn't do it either lol

Don't get me started on that embarrassment Grambling did with UH.

Yep. Mr. Jackson was like nah, we good. Doc Greggs hated that type of crap unless you were putting together an all star band for a performance.
The only times have been for Honda with that mass band, and when we did the national anthem with LSU at the State Capitol and Grambling at the Bayou Classic pre-game show.

Heck, the bowl games have already started having "battle of the bands" /pep rally. LSU "battled" Notre Dame last year. lol
I remember in 03 before the parade, lsu keep saying in the media, it wasn't going to be no battle of the bands lol. They know what would have happened. Lawd give Haymer that opportunity, it's going to be funny as hell. He would try to embarrass them folks.

always stealing our ideas !

they see potential in the celebration bowl after 1 year and don't want it to be bigger than the fcs title game!

The Celebration Bowl sent shock waves across the spectrum. It destroyed the recruiting argument used against the SWAC and MEAC. Those schools set up a ladder system that was an impossible climb via the playoffs and FBS system. The Celebration Bowl went around that structure and gained access to the masses with simple cooperation between the two conferences.

The reason the FCS playoff schools want their game to be called a bowl now is for recruiting purposes. It is hard to discredit a bowl game on ABC to recruits when you don't have one yourself. They want to keep that structure setup that says "Our bowl game is the legitimate one, while the other is simply a farce"

Last edited:
The Celebration Bowl sent shock waves across the spectrum. It destroyed the recruiting argument used against the SWAC and MEAC. Those schools set up a ladder system that was an impossible climb via the playoffs and FBS system. The Celebration Bowl went around that structure and gained access to the masses with simple cooperation between the two conferences.

The reason the FCS playoff schools want their game to be called a bowl now is for recruiting purposes. It is hard to discredit a bowl game on ABC to recruits when you don't have one yourself. They want to keep that structure setup that says "Our bowl game is the legitimate one, while the other is simply a farce"

my sentiments exactly...

Back