FCS considering "bowl-like" title game

JaguarNation99

That's Dr. JN99 to you...
Does this count as cooning?

FCS championship may gain 'bowl' rebrand

The FCS conferences whose national playoffs have long set them apart in Division I want to go "bowling" as well.

Those 10 conferences still embrace the playoffs, which have grown from four participants in 1978 to 24 beginning in 2013, but they also want to incorporate an idea of two conferences whose champions are not involved in the playoffs - the MEAC and SWAC.

The champions of the two FCS conferences of historically black schools met in the inaugural Celebration Bowl this past December. The playoff conferences want their championship game, played in early January in Frisco, Texas, to be rebranded with the word "bowl" in the title as well.

They believe the Celebration Bowl gained considerably by being marketed within the FBS bowl schedule. The FBS, the upper level of Division I, had 41 postseason games this past season, including the four-team playoff that began with the 2014 season.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/fcs-championship-may-gain-bowl-rebrand-021216

So they going to change the name FROM FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, TO SOME BOWL?? NAME??

IF you cannot beat them join them I guess

Damn I wonder if BH believe these schools should now schedule HBCU schools since they are trying to build on the brand that we started?! I mean since they are trying to be like us shouldn't they schedule us?

plateofcrow-300x272_zpslshoyjwb.jpg

2016-01-05_16.03.36_zpsgjp4we2t.jpg

Man this shit just made me take BH123 off of punishment.
Damn I wonder if BH believe these schools should now schedule HBCU schools since they are trying to build on the brand that we started?! I mean since they are trying to be like us shouldn't they schedule us?

Rod Broadway saved the Celebration Bowl. Like I said from an HBCU Standpoint, it's a good thing Hopson didn't win it because that "image" would have hurt the HBCU Football Brand.

But like I also said previously, if we want the Celebration Bowl to continue, some changes will have to be made. The most important change in my opinion is that we have to find someway to incorporate other HBCUs outside the SWAC and MEAC into the game. This includes the D-2 HBCUs. Make it a True Weekend Event.

Rod Broadway saved the Celebration Bowl. Like I said from an HBCU Standpoint, it's a good thing Hopson didn't win it because that "image" would have hurt the HBCU Football Brand.

But like I also said previously, if we want the Celebration Bowl to continue, some changes will have to be made. The most important change in my opinion is that we have to find someway to incorporate other HBCUs outside the SWAC and MEAC into the game. This includes the D-2 HBCUs. Make it a True Weekend Event.

I see you still haven't figured out that it's against NCAA bylaws to do that huh Don King?

Honestly, I don't even think you understand the ish you say when you post.

This isn't surprising...like at all. You're foolish if you think dem wypipo wasn't watching our bowl game. White folks have stolen entire countries so this innovative bowl idea didn't stand a chance lol. Oh and those meac ppl are really delusional. They are still talking about the playoffs smh

Po TP.....errrhhh I mean FCS Championship, Any Given Saturday and the right wing of meacfans.....smh & lol

Back