FCS considering "bowl-like" title game

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I am willing to bet you they start the battle of the bands soon too. Watch what I tell you. You will see Stanford vs SU and Ohio St vs Famu at band battle's. It's coming like talking out the side of your neck.
That is why we need to cease the joint halftime performances. They are kicking us to sleep in the game. At least take the halftime. We are so gullible.

Why are you all acting so surprised? You think White Folks want Black People to win in Anything? White Folks have oppressed Blacks for 400 years while stealing our innovations and ideas. They are not going to change and we will never ever get our 40 acres and mule.

We need to be hoping the same thing that killed the Heritage Bowl doesn't kill the Celebration Bowl.

I was very disappointed at a lot you all though for how you criticized PV's chances of getting an FCS Playoff Bid. PV could have represented our conference positively. Let's just hope that a SWAC Team gets the Automatic Bid before the MEAC Team. Because if the MEAC Team gets an FCS Bid First, the Celebration Bowl will die just like the Heritage Bowl.

Watch what happens though...

This basically guarantees that there may never be a MEAC Championship Game. The MEAC is just going to do like they did in the 90s and keep having these 3-5 team ties hoping one solid MEAC Team gets the FCS Bid so they can send another MEAC Team to win the Celebration Bowl.

Watch what happens though...

This basically guarantees that there may never be a MEAC Championship Game. The MEAC is just going to do like they did in the 90s and keep having these 3-5 team ties hoping one solid MEAC Team gets the FCS Bid so they can send another MEAC Team to win the Celebration Bowl.

He doesn't have a clue (as usual) as to what this is evolving into. Lol

There's only one reason to change - if the NCAA/FCS powers think that by calling it a "bowl" will get the contest listed amongst the 'bowl listing' as was done in some publications for the Celebration Bowl. Not all publications listed the Celebration Bowl amongst their bowl listings, but a decent amount of publications and major web sites did - which at the time, I gave kudos to.

I disagree with any other reason for changing the name because at its core - it's a NCAA Division I Championship Game.

Should add that 75% of the respondents to ANY GIVEN SATURDAY unofficial surveying say NOT to change it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
There's only one reason to change - if the NCAA/FCS powers think that by calling it a "bowl" will get the contest listed amongst the 'bowl listing' as was done in some publications for the Celebration Bowl. Not all publications listed the Celebration Bowl amongst their bowl listings, but a decent amount of publications and major web sites did - which at the time, I gave kudos to.

I disagree with any other reason for changing the name because at its core - it's a NCAA Division I Championship Game.

Should add that 75% of the respondents to ANY GIVEN SATURDAY unofficial surveying say NOT to change it.

Shiiiiid I hope they don't change it either. I doubt very seriously that espn is going to go in half ass. Not to mention just how much more the ncaa would be shiiting on the teams that don't make it to the finals.

They are going to want to control the entire playoffs and that means the start time would have to be set back to coincide with their bowl event season.

And you better believe they are going to want all of their FCS bowls games to participate.

But I'm rooting for them to keep the fcs payoff championship game just like it is

Last edited:
LMBO.....Surely you jest!

That's what they said (on Facebook) when AAMU did the unity show with UAB. Can't remember the other school that did it recently but they said the same thing as well. Them folks were fire mad when folks said "we don't need to do joint shows with them".

I'd rather see AAMU do a joint show with Tuskegee or Miles than UAB or JSU and they wouldn't do it either lol

"Chevrolet Battle of the Bands," coming to a stadium near you featuring the NWST devils. smh

Lawd... :( smh

Good. They can keep it the Pimp err FCS Title Game. Lol.

That's what they said (on Facebook) when AAMU did the unity show with UAB. Can't remember the other school that did it recently but they said the same thing as well. Them folks were fire mad when folks said "we don't need to do joint shows with them".

I'd rather see AAMU do a joint show with Tuskegee or Miles than UAB or JSU and they wouldn't do it either lol

Whew! You had me worried for a moment

Back