Ex-WNBA star Cooper accepts Prairie View A&M job

she lives in Houston and her entire family is in Houston....I don't think the timing of the job was right as opposed to this....

:angel2: This may be her first good paying job. And I hope she can make the adjustment. Big named folks often times cannot adjust to our administration, however when she comes to Elmore we will be behind the bench. :winkgrin:

MightyDog said:
:angel2: This may be her first good paying job. And I hope she can make the adjustment. Big named folks often times cannot adjust to our administration, however when she comes to Elmore we will be behind the bench. :winkgrin:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww damn!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

band fan, make SURE that we get some type of "controller" on her staff because I KNOW Coop won't be able to understand the type of heckling that occurs in the SWAC. They gone talk about her like she's never been talked about before. Especially from our cousins in 3rd Ward, Tx. :rolleyes: They're a different breed of people. :| Our controller will have to control her and not let her get in a verbal confrontation w/ opposing fans. :| Damn Coop... :smh:

*thinking about SU's fans, TSU's, AAMU's, AlaSU's ... :shame: Damn... *

TSU? :lmao:....don't worry about them....all we got to do is say CLAUDE and when she beats them, all we got to say is "You could've had her first!"

Mock my words...unless Claude pulls out a coaching manual and recruits WNBA players, you know TSU will be looking to ax him if this Cooper thing works out. They can't do anything without PV leading the way. Knowing them, they'll try to lure Sheryl Swoopes into coaching.

as for the others, crowds don't really show up for women's games....she only has to worry about Elmore because it's a Saturday so there will be a slightly larger crowd.

But lo and behold if we start to win....no telling what may happen...

what if PV hires the Wiz and he starts to win.....you got the WNBA superstar at the 5:30 game and the legend at the 7:30 game...that's worth the price of admission

Panthro, the first time she has to ride that bus to Bama and spend Friday Night in Montgomery and play on Saturday and come up to Bama North on Sunday and play on Monday, get on the bus after the game and head back to PV she will be cussing worst than the previous men basketball coach.

MightyDog said:
Panthro, the first time she has to ride that bus to Bama and spend Friday Night in Montgomery and play on Saturday and come up to Bama North on Sunday and play on Monday, get on the bus after the game and head back to PV she will be cussing worst than the previous men basketball coach.

Sounds like "Spot Duty Time" to me! Come from riding in 747's to riding in a chartered bus halfway across the country! I don't thinkso :smh:

purple hill II said:
Sounds like "Spot Duty Time" to me! Come from riding in 747's to riding in a chartered bus halfway across the country! I don't thinkso :smh:

:jump: All you have to do is take that bus ride once, but on the other hand, she will never understand why PVAM is not like Texas A&M.

MightyDog said:

She might be ready to fight somebody after a trip like that. lol

Not to mention the types of places I'm sure she's accustomed to eating @ (even @ her college school) and staying @. :smh: But, if the $$$$ start rolling, I'm most certain that things should improve in this very dormant program. :(

One thing's certain, this will be a VERY interesting time on the Hill. :| I still wince @ the thought of "The Wiz" coaching @ PV. :( Somehow, just that image doesn't look right. To see him surrounded by purple and gold, true. But, w/ the name <i>Prairie View</i> close by? :confused: :smh:

Oh well.

Panthro said:

Not to mention the types of places I'm sure she's accustomed to eating @ (even @ her college school) and staying @. :smh: But, if the $$$$ start rolling, I'm most certain that things should improve in this very dormant program. :(

One thing's certain, this will be a VERY interesting time on the Hill. :| I still wince @ the thought of "The Wiz" coaching @ PV. :( Somehow, just that image doesn't look right. To see him surrounded by purple and gold, true. But, w/ the name <i>Prairie View</i> close by? :confused: :smh:

Oh well.

Maybe he love himself some purple and gold because he was anther purple and gold school, but I don't know if is in his heart or this is the closest he could come to officially wearing purple and gold.

Remember all monies goes into the general funds :nod:

Panthro said:

Oh well.

Co-sign!

How can you coach as the opposing team in a building named after yourself! The first thing you see after passing the visitors entrance is the Davey Whitney Sports Complex! Like you said Panthro, Somehow, just that image doesn't look right. :smh:

If the PV alumni and supporters support Cooper and PV's program,they could be a powerhouse. There is nothing but talent in TX. PV's alumni need to take advantage of this hire because Cooper also need a good recruiting budget. Just imagine a recruits enthusiasim(sp) when Cooper come into their living room to recruit them to come to PV.

pbla said:
If the PV alumni and supporters support Cooper and PV's program,they could be a powerhouse. There is nothing but talent in TX. PV's alumni need to take advantage of this hire because Cooper also need a good recruiting budget. Just imagine a recruits enthusiasim(sp) when Cooper come into their living room to recruit them to come to PV.

The recruiting budget is secondary to Mom being seen on TV. Now if you can ensure the parents are going to be on TV, you just might get a good recruit.

purple hill II said:
Co-sign!

How can you coach as the opposing team in a building named after yourself! The first thing you see after passing the visitors entrance is the Davey Whitney Sports Complex! Like you said Panthro, Somehow, just that image doesn't look right. :smh:

If that ain't a sellout game.... brah. One would expect the natives, pardon the pun, to be very hostile. lol

At this stage, we're very very behind w/ regards to recruits/signings/etc. It's time to put the pedal to the metal so to speak.

MightyDog said:
The recruiting budget is secondary to Mom being seen on TV. Now if you can ensure the parents are going to be on TV, you just might get a good recruit.
:lmao:

Panthro, last time Whitney came to Elmore he tried to get us removed from the game. We never talk to the coach; we talk about plays and missed shots and what is there to do in Alcorn. Somebody may say that timeout was a waste of time or say that you know if a coach call time out he should have something to say. We got a couple of guys that have the players cracking up on the bench at some of the funny things they say. Do you know that AAMU won it first game at Alcorn in 2004?

I wouldn't be too quick to blast McClelland on this move...she can bring money to the school, plus I'd imagine lots of young black women would love to play under the Michael Jordan of the WNBA in Cooper...hopefully she can handle the headache of working for an HBCU...but I'm sure they'll cater to her every need. They shouldn't have too hard a time recruiting there now...it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I think she will be a good recruiter for PVAM. Hell, people who don't even follow basketball that hard has heard of Cynthia Cooper. In a way, it might even increase ticket sales at other SWAC schools when PV comes to town.

Back