Ex-WNBA star Cooper accepts Prairie View A&M job

Quietstorm

memba2change4thabetta
JordangegenCooper.jpg
Cynthia_Cooper.jpg

Ex-WNBA star Cooper accepts Prairie View A&M job

Associated Press

HOUSTON - Former Houston Comets star Cynthia Cooper will become the next women's basketball coach at Prairie View A&M, athletic director Charles McClelland told a Houston television station Thursday.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news/state/11575971.htm

Good hire in my opinion. She will be able to get in any recruits house. What she tells them is another thing but aleast they will hear her out. :tup:

LaCumba

like SU said....her name alone puts her in ANY young women's house who aspires to play college basketball and her name alone will have females using unofficial visits just to get to the campus just to meet her. They see the campus (which most folks don't know how nice it is) and then on top of that, they see their idol..she's the Michael Jordan of the WNBA

if anything, PV will be the best dressed team in the SWAC due to her NIKE affiliations

we can now go after the big fish and they will want to at least listen....we may not beat out Baylor but she's going to sit in a girl's living room and sell the school

with the right development on the court, this move alone already pushes us up to second division of college basketball in Texas.

I want to also give thanks to a certain school with an 8,100 seat arena off Cleburne for their AD saying she does not like bus rides two years ago. Great PR move....

LaCumeba,

Another questionable move by McClelland.

Maybe! Some of the best moves and moves that can generate the greatest reward are questionable ones that are carefully calculated. Especially, if the move was done on the basis of all the homework being completed. I am very well aware that the homework was done on this particular hire and the choice of other candidates in the field.

I hope that her name and the rings on her fingers will attract better players not only to Prairie View, but to the rest of the SWAC also. :bowdown:

Quietstorm said:
Use a dummy email addy ! Takes less than a minute, you don't have to wait for a confirmation !

Going through all that nonsense to sign up wasn't even worth it. Combined it may have been two paragraphs. But still congrats on the new coach

GRAM4LIFE said:
Good pick up PV... A name with drawing power :tup:

Yep...she was my fav. of the Big Three on the Comets. She'll draw in fans of women's b-ball at home and on the road.
I know when they come to the Acadome, I'm there. Way to go P. View. :nod: :tup: :nod:

the band fan said:
LaCumba

like SU said....her name alone puts her in ANY young women's house who aspires to play college basketball and her name alone will have females using unofficial visits just to get to the campus just to meet her. They see the campus (which most folks don't know how nice it is) and then on top of that, they see their idol..she's the Michael Jordan of the WNBA

if anything, PV will be the best dressed team in the SWAC due to her NIKE affiliations

we can now go after the big fish and they will want to at least listen....we may not beat out Baylor but she's going to sit in a girl's living room and sell the school

with the right development on the court, this move alone already pushes us up to second division of college basketball in Texas.

I want to also give thanks to a certain school with an 8,100 seat arena off Cleburne for their AD saying she does not like bus rides two years ago. Great PR move....
not neccessarily.... Saudia Roundtree didnt win at neither college she was at... won about 2 games at Morris Brown and finished at the bottom of the MEAC at A&T. She was a legend at UGA and MBC still couldnt win more than 2 games.

DAHILL said:
not neccessarily.... Saudia Roundtree didnt win at neither college she was at... won about 2 games at Morris Brown and finished at the bottom of the MEAC at A&T. She was a legend at UGA and MBC still couldnt win more than 2 games.

you cannot compare her name to cythia cooper's

Back