Bruce Eugene signs free agent deal...

Big Thunder said:
G-Man75, I have taken the time to thoroughly review this thread and I don't see any SU folks bad mouthing the quarterback that you think is the best thing the SWAC has seen since McNair. Since I fall into the "you people" (read SU) category, here is how I see it.

Publicity for the SWAC, or any conference for that matter, is a good thing, as long as it is positive. Given that, I think the bands of the SWAC get more attention that any of the sports, but that is for another forum.

Now, looking at the thread, JROCK was the first person to give big ups to Bruce; that was in post #6. The first 5 posts were informational or comments about where the info came from, etc. Also in post #9, another one of the "you people" gave props to Bruce.

There were a total (at the time) of 8 negative or less than praiseworthy comments made about Bruce in the thread. ONLY ONE of those comments was by someone from SU. But yet, you target SU for "bad-mouthing" Bruce? The person who busted on Bruce first wasn't even from SU.

As far as "if Gram wasn't in the SWAC"...this, that, and the other...the door is always open for Gram to leave when they are ready. Is Gram still trying to step up to the "big division"? Since y'all get so much attention, maybe one of the "major" programs/conferences will extend an invite. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think that "all of us" covet the football program at Gram.

Now, given all of that, I would like to extend congrats to Bruce for signing on as a free agent with my favorite team other than the falcons; the saints!! I hope he does well. We know he has put up some big numbers in college and hopefully, he has similar success at the pro level.

:lecture:

Co-Sign. LB, you hit the nail on the head. People are rooting for Bruce who seems to be a nice young man. But as SOG has said his weight and his lack of focus to lose the weight he needed to make him a viable candidate for the NFL was what did him in. Not to mention his height didn't help him either. If he was 6-5 with that weight maybe somebody would have drafted him. He will see much faster DL/LBs in the NFL. T. Jackson of Bama State obviously had the physical tools and right size for the NFL. Plus he did what he was supposed too and that made him a 1st day pick. It would have been nice to see both of those Qbs pick in the first 3 rounds. But the odds were stacked against Bruce from the outset. I wish the kid well with his tryout with the Saints. I hope he makes it.

I am in agreement Big Thunder and that long winded kneegrow JR. :lol:

The only person who was "hatin" on Bruce was me. If you want to call it that. :rolleyes: And I don't think I said anything that wasn't already obvious.

Good luck to Bruce (future head football coach of GSU).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SAME OLD G said:

The only person who was "hatin" on Bruce was me. If you want to call it that. :rolleyes: And I don't think I said anything that wasn't already obvious.

F...U... SOGGY.:redhot:

I wasn't as long winded as my LB Big Thunder.... :shame::lol:

SAME OLD G said:

Wow! Is that after the "Spears" era? What are we talking here, about 15 years down the line?

Big Thunder said:
Wow! Is that after the "Spears" era? What are we talking here, about 15 years down the line?
Something like that depending on how his football career goes.

Believe it or not, the same thing was said about Doug many years before Coach Rob had even considered the thought of retiring.

SAME OLD G said:
Something like that depending on how his football career goes.

Believe it or not, the same thing was said about Doug many years before Coach Rob had even considered the thought of retiring.

Yeah, I can believe that. Half of my family is Gram and half is SU. Back then, "the other half" always talked about "when Doug take over....".

So if you are saying this now, I believe it. Bruce really is legendary at Gram.

It's all about the J but I hope Bruce does well and it makes the swac looks good too. I hope everyone from the swac who got drafted or sign as free agents does well.

SAME OLD G said:
Sweets, please hush.

Do not be foolish enough to think that the Rams just signed Denzel's son just because he is "Denzel's son". If you have not ever seen J.D. Washington play you are in no position to say this. Because if you have seen him play (and I have) you would not be saying this. The kid does have skills. There is something to be said about a kid who is one of the best football players to attend Morehouse.

So hush!
"hush"
LMAO@SOGGY
:lol::lol:

but to be honest (and I've seen Morehouse play), Washington shole did seem VERY ordinary.

Da Sperm said:
I said the same thing about 4 or 5 years ago when Greg Wesley of UAPB went to the Chiefs in the 3rd round and couldn't get one sentence of attention on the SWACPage.
I feel ya Sperm. The SWAC just had a QB taken in the 2nd round, the highest pick among 1AA conferences and it's not even enough to warrant a thread on tspn. :smh:
:snicker:

mighty hornet said:
SOGGY,
I wasn't referring to the front page. I was talking about threads on the sports board
I could have sworn I saw a thread about Jackson getting drafted on here.

Big Thunder said:
G-Man75, I have taken the time to thoroughly review this thread and I don't see any SU folks bad mouthing the quarterback that you think is the best thing the SWAC has seen since McNair. Since I fall into the "you people" (read SU) category, here is how I see it.

Publicity for the SWAC, or any conference for that matter, is a good thing, as long as it is positive. Given that, I think the bands of the SWAC get more attention that any of the sports, but that is for another forum.

Now, looking at the thread, JROCK was the first person to give big ups to Bruce; that was in post #6. The first 5 posts were informational or comments about where the info came from, etc. Also in post #9, another one of the "you people" gave props to Bruce.

There were a total (at the time) of 8 negative or less than praiseworthy comments made about Bruce in the thread. ONLY ONE of those comments was by someone from SU. But yet, you target SU for "bad-mouthing" Bruce? The person who busted on Bruce first wasn't even from SU.

As far as "if Gram wasn't in the SWAC"...this, that, and the other...the door is always open for Gram to leave when they are ready. Is Gram still trying to step up to the "big division"? Since y'all get so much attention, maybe one of the "major" programs/conferences will extend an invite. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think that "all of us" covet the football program at Gram.

Now, given all of that, I would like to extend congrats to Bruce for signing on as a free agent with my favorite team other than the falcons; the saints!! I hope he does well. We know he has put up some big numbers in college and hopefully, he has similar success at the pro level.

:lecture:
Anything that isn't positive is NEGATIVE. Nobody has made any negative remarks about Jackson who isn't a better QB than Bruce. The only thin that he has on Bruce are less pounds.All Grambling QB's have had to go further and beyond to prove themselves. And Bruce will hush all the nay sayers whenb its all said and done. An then you people will jump on the band wagon saying, " I always knew he would make it in the league". Yeah, right!!

G-Man75 said:
Anything that isn't positive is NEGATIVE. Nobody has made any negative remarks about Jackson who isn't a better QB than Bruce. The only thin that he has on Bruce are less pounds.All Grambling QB's have had to go further and beyond to prove themselves. And Bruce will hush all the nay sayers whenb its all said and done. An then you people will jump on the band wagon saying, " I always knew he would make it in the league". Yeah, right!!

Come on now. TJ is faster, stronger and taller than Bruce. He is a pro type of QB. While Bruce throws a pretty ball and seemed to read the defenses well, I wouldn't annoint him a better overall Qb than TJ just because he threw for more yards and TDs than Jackson did. Both went to the combines and TJ made every throw they asked of him. So maybe we all were wrong thinking Bruce was better than TJ. Time will tell. I wish both of these young men well. One thing to remember is that just because you did better than someone in college doesn't mean you will in the NFL. How many times have we seen that happen. Like SOG said he will have to keep the weight off. He is too short to carry that kind of weight and with players on the DL and LBs running 4.5's, he would be a sitting duck. You also have to take into consideration that he also is an older Sr Qb who has had knee surgery so maybe that played a part too of him not getting drafted. Look what happened to Jason White of Oklahoma who won a Heisman Trophy and National title at OU. His knees among other things sunk him into not getting drafted.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
mighty hornet said:
SOGGY,
I wasn't referring to the front page. I was talking about threads on the sports board

So was there a mandate that stopped YOU from starting one?!!!!

MikeBigg said:

:lmao:

This would have never happen to TJ had he gone to Southern! :lol: :emlaugh:

:lmao:

(it's a conspiracy Mighty Hornet) :lol: :emlaugh: Must have been the same dumb moderator that deleted my last profound statement! :lol: :emlaugh:

MikeBigg said:
ummm, it was one already started. With several posts in it.

and GMAN75,
You aint got to try to rain on TJack's parade cause he got drafted and Eugene didn't. :smh:
And all the yards Eugene threw for in college doesnt mean anything in the NFL.

Bruce gets his shot...hope he makes the best of it. As for TJ...I hope he shines too and cements his position as Vikings "starter of the future"...immediate future.

mighty hornet said:
ummm, it was one already started. With several posts in it.

and GMAN75,
You aint got to try to rain on TJack's parade cause he got drafted and Eugene didn't. :smh:
And all the yards Eugene threw for in college doesnt mean anything in the NFL.
I wish both of them the best. I'm not hating on either one, but I will defend Bruce. If T.J. was the best QB in the SWAC he would have lead his team to the Championship instead of folding when it mattered. But he is smaller than Bruce. From what I saw there weren't any QB's in the draft with blazing speed, and I thought Bruce ran well for his size.......

G-Man75 said:
I wish both of them the best. I'm not hating on either one, but I will defend Bruce. If T.J. was the best QB in the SWAC he would have lead his team to the Championship instead of folding when it mattered. But he is smaller than Bruce. From what I saw there weren't any QB's in the draft with blazing speed, and I thought Bruce ran well for his size.......
Are you for real???? So you saying that the nfl don't know what they doing, when it comes to judging talent???? I am a Grambling Graduate, i went to all the games the last seven years and i keep it real.... Bruce is a great QB but not the best in the swac.... WE have great coaches/ recruiters, and a lot of talent on our teams. Most other teams in the swac have players starting for them that didnt start in High School. We have good WR and Dbs other swac schools may have one ok WR and a ok Db. put it all together, he!! yea Bruce is going to lookgood,we have a great team. Ala state had one good player, valley has one good player.:bowdown:

G-Man75 said:

TJ won the SWAC Championship against my beloved Jags. Heck he put ASU on his shoulders in the second half. That kid is the truth. He made me a believer. BTW, Reggie McNeal of Texas A&M ran a 4.3 40. So there were some real fast Qbs in the draft. After watching coach Spears on Season of the Tiger tonight.......he was saying the same things about Bruce to his mother that we are saying on here. He was being brutually honest. I actually have a lot more respect for Spears after watching the show.

JR said:
After watching coach Spears on Season of the Tiger tonight.......he was saying the same things about Bruce to his mother that we are saying on here. He was being brutually honest. I actually have a lot more respect for Spears after watching the show.
You talking about that ole broke ass show that comes on BET called "Season of the Tiger"? :lol:

Dude, Coach Spears is the only reason why I watch that show.

SAME OLD G said:
You talking about that ole broke ass show that comes on BET called "Season of the Tiger"? :lol:

Dude, Coach Spears is the only reason why I watch that show.

LOL. He is funnier than a mug.

JR said:
TJ won the SWAC Championship against my beloved Jags. Heck he put ASU on his shoulders in the second half. That kid is the truth. He made me a believer. BTW, Reggie McNeal of Texas A&M ran a 4.3 40. So there were some real fast Qbs in the draft. After watching coach Spears on Season of the Tiger tonight.......he was saying the same things about Bruce to his mother that we are saying on here. He was being brutually honest. I actually have a lot more respect for Spears after watching the show.

True Dat JR! After watching the show, most of the stuff being said about Bruce is just "re-hash". I actually like the passion that Spears has; much respect to him.

Back