Bruce Eugene signs free agent deal...

SAME OLD G

A product of Greatness
Staff member
with the Saints! :tup:

More details to come...I am sure.

Also, DE Matt Duhe signed with the Bengals.

SAME OLD G said:
with the Saints! :tup:

More details to come...I am sure.

Also, DE Matt Duhe signed with the Bengals.

Man, where do you get the scoop on these things?
:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
nickderiso said:
Man, where do you get the scoop on these things?
:lmao:
Uhh...if you must know. GSUpe called me from from home after he heard the news on WWL radio. :nod:

Now, that info on Duhe came from one of my inside sources. :lol:

SAME OLD G said:
Uhh...if you must know. GSUpe called me from from home after he heard the news on WWL radio. :nod:

Now, that info on Duhe came from one of my inside sources. :lol:

That d*mn MACH knows stuff before Spears does, sometimes.
:lol:

If given a fair chance to make the team. Eugene will be the Saints Startng QB within two to three years.

Props to Eugene and I pray that he makes the team. :bowdown:

The Saints also reached an agreement Sunday, as soon as the draft ended, to sign Grambling State's record-setting quarterback, Bruce Eugene, to a rookie free-agent contract.

Eugene put up stunning passing numbers at Grambling, once throwing for 618 yards and seven touchdowns in a 50-7 blowout of Prairie View A&M last season. He threw for 4,408 yards and 56 touchdowns in the Southwestern Athletic Conference last season.

"We're excited about him," Mueller said, noting that one of the Saints' goals was to find a young quarterback with potential that they could try to develop. "He's a New Orleans kid. He was a guy we certainly targeted and we certainly wanted."

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/politics/14468721.htm

wahines said:
If given a fair chance to make the team. Eugene will be the Saints Startng QB within two to three years.

Props to Eugene and I pray that he makes the team. :bowdown:

You doing a lot of wishful thinking. I doubt Bruce would start over Brees in the time frame you're giving. Congrats to him.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
JAGWAR said:
Cant wait to see him throw a touchdown to Reggie Bush in pre-season.:hat:
You can see it that happen on August 21st, Independence Stadium, Shreveport, LA., Saints vs. Cowboys.....:bowdown: :bowdown:

Sting said:
You doing a lot of wishful thinking. I doubt Bruce would start over Brees in the time frame you're giving. Congrats to him.

He'll probably be heading for the practice squad unless he can unseat McPherson as the 3rd QB, Bouman is a fixture as the 2nd string QB.

But congrats.....

I got the news on this the other night from my boy thats close to the family, I was happy for him. BUTTTT, I dont think that's a good situation for him, Saints got Brees(if his shoulder holds up, he is there for a while) and if it doesn't then Bruce has a shot. Also, Saints just signed Jaime Martin, McPhearson, and Bouman. Now granted, Martin is OLD, Bouman-BUM BUM BUM and McPhearson is talented. I hope Mr Big Easy holds it down at home and leave moms cooking alone.

MSGSU said:
You can see it that happen on August 21st, Independence Stadium, Shreveport, LA., Saints vs. Cowboys.....:bowdown: :bowdown:

Hatcher will finally have a chance to sack Bruce

Congrats to Eugene. The Saints will probably send him to the practice squad then over to NFL Europe. He will mostly likely play one full season over there and then assume the third string QB spot and battle with McPhearson for backup in two years.

congrats to Eugene

and whoever is combining topics need to stop.

It's kinda _ _ _ that on tspn, it's not noteworthy enough that a SWAC QB is drafted in the 2nd round :tdown:

This does not look good for Bruce. To me this is the same as the Titans signing RB Charles Anthony to a free agent contract. More of a publicity stunt then anything. He and His agent should be looking at Canada.

I actually thought about the Saints takinghim with the 2nd second round pick. But this may be a good situation for him. I don't think he will really get the chance to make the roster as the 3rd QB. With Bress, Jamie Martin, and McPherson pretty much set in that order. The difference is that there is a new sheriff in town and that may be an asset. But he may not get the looks and enough chances to make a big impression.

I wish him luck, I hope he at least makes the practice roster and can keep his weight down so that he can get a legitimate chance.

:tup: Bruce. Way to go. This could actually be a good deal for him. Granted N.O. will keep 4 QB's (Brees, Martin, Bouman and McPherson) but then again, if Bruce shines during training camp then Bruce will be signed to the practice squad, then of course, he'll be sent to the NFL-E to get better.

Back